OtakuBoards

[OFFICIAL] OB Time Capsule

Ellerby

[COLOR="Red"][INDENT][SIZE="1"]The idea for an OtakuBoards Time Capsule was presented by [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=817327&postcount=31][B]Charles[/B][/url] in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58405]Brainstorm thread[/url]. Since regular members can freely post events now, I feel that this event should be a reality. Without further ado, I present to you the OtakuBoards Time Capsule![/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]
[center][size=4]OTAKUBOARDS TIME CAPSULE[/size][/center]

[b][u]Time Capsule?[/b][/u]
A Time Capsule is defined as "a sealed cache of goods for future opening." This thread is going to be a public time capsule where anyone can submit anything they want. Once the thread is full enough it will be moved into a private area where nobody can get to it (maybe give it its own forum in the Hall of Records where even regular staff can't see it).

On 10/10/10, almost [B]2 years[/B] from now, the thread will be moved back into the Community Forums for public viewing along with a discussion thread to talk about its contents.

[b][u]Okay, how do I participate?[/u][/b]
I think Charles really says it best.
[quote name='Charles']We can create a thread where members will start by telling us about themselves (i.e., their interests, goals, feelings, where they want to be in a year from now, two years, links to current events, etc). Additionally, members can contribute anything--it's a really open idea. Poetry, pictures, shout-outs to friends--it's really up to the user base to decide what they want to put into the capsule.[/quote]
I'm really merging those ideas together. It's up to you to decide what you want to submit and if that's something about yourself or some sort of art then that's totally cool. There is no limit to how much you can submit to the capsule so be as creative and as lengthy as you want.

There are two ways you can submit to the Time Capsule. You can either post right in this thread ([b]Public[/b]) so everyone around right now can see it [I]or[/I] you can submit it to me privately ([b]Private[/b]) so that only those around in 2 years get to see it.

I want [i]everyone[/i] taking part in this. Don't feel you can't submit something just because you're not active or are on the staff or something.

[b][u]When do we start?[/u][/b]
Right now! Think of something you feel would be really neat for members to see 2 years from now (a poem, a banner, a picture, etc, etc). Personally I'm planning on writing a song about OtakuBoards that nobody will get to hear until 10/10/10 (I'm still submitting something to this thread, though!) but you don't have to do anything that extravagant.

Even a few sentences on how you feel about OB is a welcome addition to the capsule, although I do encourage you to be a bit more creative then that. :]

Date and time: November 3, 2008. 4:27 pm
Username: chibi-master
How long I've been on OB: 9 months and 2 days.

Anyway, two years from now I hope to have a summer or part time job in Barnes & Nobles. I also hope to be at least a green belt in karate! I will be a junior in high school...I DO NOT want my driver's liscence. Driving is scary. I want to have at least 700 posts here on OB where I spend far too much of my time. I wish to kick my habit of spamming the hell outta threads and make the mods proud for it! I want to be one of the most well-known members on the boards!

And most of all, I want to tell a certain someone a certain secret when I feel I can trust them with it...(I'll probably add more when I can think of some...or not.)

Name: Zach
How long have I been here: Not counting a brief abscence 4 years and some change.

Well in all my time on Otakuboards the thing I've utilized the most would be the Theater. I have a select few stories that I've participated in (so far) that I'd like to stick and would love future members to check out. "Wings of an Angel", "Witches", "Cross-Struck", of course there are other RP's I've participated in, but these are the ones that went the distance and I enjoyed every aspect of them.

Secondally I've like to stick in the bonds I've made with several OB members, you know who you are. Yes most people think you can't develop true friendships with people you don't have any direct contact with, but I disagree.

Lastly I'd like to put in my story (that's still ongoing so I hope you don't mind if I open it from time to time to put more chapters in). I wrote "Jackson McGee" as a story for my nephew, I've been putting bits of it on the anthology section (with a few changes). It's pretty poorly written by the standards of other writers with submissions, but it means a lot to me. Of course I have the hard copy to give him when he's older, but an online copy is nice to have as well.

[SIZE="1"]I really, really should've posted in here sooner sorry about that Lrb.

Firstly I want people to know that I'm [i]not[/i] here to close this thread. ^_^; Yeah after the last few I think people are actually worried about when I post in the Convention Center.

Instead actually I really want people to support this idea, great work to Lrb for adapting the idea and presenting it here to OtakuBoards to take advantage of. The Time Capsule was one of the brainstorm ideas I was really hoping someone would do because I think it's a great way to capture moments of OB for future members (and those of us who'll still be around in 2010) to see what things were like now.

One of the things I'd like people to do, and forgive me Lrb if I seem to be butting in here, is that people post their details as well as their submissions i.e. I'd like people to post their current username, their age, where they're from and how long they've been on OB. This could be put at the top of the post in [B]Size 1 Bold[/B] fields like so:

[quotE][SIZE="1"][B]Date and Time:[/B] November 3rd 2008 14:31 [GMT]

[B]Username:[/B] Gavin
[b]Age:[/b] 21
[b]Location:[/b] Republic of Ireland
[b]How long I've been on OB:[/b] 7 years as of October 2008

[b]Submission:[/b]
[GOES HERE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Again this is just so future members can see what kind of people were around OB in 2008. If people think of maybe other cool fields to add be sure to post them.

If you want to talk about certain threads or members, be sure to attach the hyperlink so other people can see them too in 2 years time.

That's it from me for the moment anyway, I'm still trying to decide what I'll submit here myself. ^_^; [/SIZE]

Alright well my name is Laura I'm 19 at the moment and female.
I enjoy anime (mostly shonen) and manga (again mostly shonen) I'm not your normal type of girl as most people will realise.

Two years from now I want to have a full time job and still have the mentality of a six year old when it comes to anime and manga.
I still hope to be a part of the Oboards and well I'll probably be whining about my age since I'll be old.

I hope to earn enough money to go out to Dubai for the summer and see my best friend and her family.

I hope I'm not still living at home and if I am I'll probably create a basment and move into it.

:L

That's all I can think of really so until 2010 LoLo out

*zooms off*

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][B]Username:[/B]Korey
[B]Age:[/B]19
[B]Location:[/B]El Paso, Texas
[B]How long have I been here?:[/B]4 years, almost 5[/SIZE]

So for my addition to the time capsule I'm going to leave my old username [B][I]Sesshomarufan[/I][/B]. It's a nice reminder that people with "[insertanimecharacternamehere] fan/boy/girl/lover/wife" usernames can still hang with the rest of the posting populace and sound intelligent, regardless of username. It's also a good reminder of me during my younger days here on OB, when I didn't use any sort of proper grammar or punctuation (funny how that turned about, eh?)

I also leave behind my lootz....you will be missed.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][B]Date and Time: [/B]November 3, 2008. 9:13 AM[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][B]Current Username: [/B]Europa
[B]Age:[/B] 14
[B]How long I've been here:[/B] 7 months as of November 15.[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"]Submission:[/SIZE][/B]

[COLOR="Blue"]I'm female(I'm telling you this because I'm not sure what my username's going to be in 2010) My username happens to be the name of a moon on one of the planets. I've changed my username alot, as some of you members well know. Hopefully, I want to be a part of OB for another 5 or six years. I've met some totally awesome people here, not to mention the best rpg player ever! I would like to give kudos do Drizzt Do'urden. He's the best RPG player ever. My first RPG was more succsessful than I thought it would be and I'm honored that Drizzt would submit that for me! Um...........I have dreadlocks and I plan to have them grow down to my butt. I'm african american and I have a theOtaku account. I'm certainly not the best artist there and I only have like 14 subscribers. Two years from now I'm gonna be sixteen and man, I'm excited. I can't wait to drive!!! I've grown especially fond of the smilies here as they are one of the best ways to show how I feel. I've enhanced my writing skills by sending pm's to players in my rpg. I'm going to be a pediatrician when I get older.......um, I hope to be volunteering at a hospital by 2010, if not sooner. Hopefully, I'll be better at sports and get my first short story published! Without this site, I would be...........I dunno. I mean, before this site I knew almost nothing about anime and manga. I think I was the first person to have a youtube video in my sig. Unfortuantely, it got deleted because I overdid the image thing. I would like to see all the friends here when 2010 comes around. I sure hope they don't forget about me...............Oh yes, I've seen many weird threads come up here and I've participated in some debates. I'm obsessed with Hwoarang from Tekken and I think Spongebob is the best show ever and I can't understand why people don't like him.
So yeah, that's it, I am a totally awesome person!!!!!!:catgirl:
I forgot, I would like to submit part of my sig to show how much I love Spongebob.
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]
Claustrophobic[/B]
[B]Squidward: [/B]Patrick, could you not stand so close? You're making me claustrophobic.
[B]Patrick:[/B] Spongebob, what does "claustrophobic" mean?
[B]Spongebob:[/B] It means he's afraid of Santa Clause.
[B]Patrick:[/B] Oh really? Ho-Ho-Ho, merry Christmas!!!
[B]Squidward:[/B] T_T Patrick, stop that.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"]
Sorry again to edit, but the year 2008 is a historic date for America. The first black president ever, not to mention the first black lady ever. I'm so excited.[/COLOR]

[b]Date and Time:[/b] November 3rd 2008 15:24 [GMT]

[b]Username:[/b] Vicky
[b]Age:[/b] 16
[b]Location:[/b] Manchester, England
[b]How long I've been on OB:[/b] Around 5 years.

[size=1]Umm... well, I don't even know what I'm still doing here. My main excuse is that it's my homepage and I can't change it because I have a dodgy browser, but never mind. I have no idea what I come off as on here, nor what the majority of people think of me, so I'll have to leave that out.

So I'm Vicky and I'm 16, joined when I was 11, had no idea how I survived. I started off posting in the Anthology - god forbid - and moved onto the Arena at some point. To be honest, my first games were the best. I think my first friend [i]evar[/i] on here was Boo, and a variety of very old members that, if I said the name of, no one would remember because they were as obscure as me.

The times I spent in the Arena really have shown because, up until only a few months ago, I didn't post outside of the Arena or the Anthology. When the Battle Arena was around, too, I used to participate in there a lot.

[b]Some fun trivia:[/b] My favourite RPG characters were Dani from Gifts and Curses, Tala-Taima from Brotherhood of the Wolf and Lykos from Shy's Vignette (how the hell did I get in that game?). I think my first RPG was Dmitri_Dragoon's which lasted 28 pages. Probably the funnest thing I've done, haha.

Though to be fair, RPGing was better when I was younger - the reaction I got from some players was funny. Then it all changes when you turn 16, doesn't it? ¬_¬

I like writing things really. Though the vast majority of what I've written never makes it to the boards and my Role Playing is... sometimes... inferior to what I'd write normally, I still think OB played a good part of my writing. I'm hoping to one day become an author (jumping on the bandwagon? Well I've been there since before I can remember then haha) but I'm also planning on putting that off until I make something I'm actually [i]proud[/i] of and is actually [i]good[/i], which may be a long time yet. I don't know. We'll see.

Even though I involve a lot of my own life with the boards (that is, I never shut up about using it as a reference) I still doubt a lot of the members know me on here. Not [i]really[/i], so it's also quite hard to add a little bit as to what I'm like. I'm sure you can ask the one or two members that talk to me outside the boards.

I also get the feeling I scare people off. I don't know why that is, but alas, I'm sure I'll still be talking to the same tiny group of people in two years time. We'll see. I'll add something more later ;D.[/size]

[B]Date and Time:[/B] November 3rd 2008 11:07am [GMT -7]

[B]Username:[/B] Cat
[B]Age:[/B] 18
[B]Location:[/B] Tucson, Arizona
[B]How long I've been on OB:[/B] I think its been around 4 years.

[B]Submission:
[/B]There is just something about the OB keeps me coming back. In the new few years I hope to have transferred out of the community college to a University continuing my studies in Graphics Design. I will also finally be able to drive in two years and not keep putting it off. I want my graphics to evolve from the state they are now to become better and to have a different program. Right now I currently like drawing and writing and for those hobbies to continue on in the years. Hopefully I wont leave the OB permanently only to take breaks when life becomes to busy. Its to much fun on here with the weird Who Would You Do? thread and Bloodsuckers! For Real's. Also the fun art studio activities like Signature of the Week and the Graphic Worm.

One of my published works in an online magazine. I don't like the title of the poem however I don't want to change it. I like how its a random title.
[center][B]Bratwurst[/B]
Brat prince cries to be silenced by hums.
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] Meowing in the distance.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] Lying in a cradle of filth.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] Voices are consumed by laughter.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] Snowboarders do not exist.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] We all get a chance in the eye of the storm.[/SIZE][/FONT][/center]

November 3, 2008
[B]User Name:[/B] Neko (Formerly Wave_of_Death)
[B]Age:[/B] 18
[B]OB member since: [/B]01-10-2004

[B]Favorite Hangout:[/B] Cultural District, Theatre, Auditions, etc.

[B]Submission:[/B]
I joined OB back when I was fangirling over the .hack series and stumbled onto this as an extension of MyOtaku, and subsequentially finding a .hack adventure with some fellow OBers who have become close friends of mine since then.

Since I started posting in the Theatre, I've been striving to improve my writing skills and storytelling abilities in general. It's been rough, but it's been a fun time, and we're not done yet.

[B]Final Note:[/B] If .hack//TRUTH isn't done by the time this capsule is re-opened, HEADS WILL ROLL! XD

[B]Date and Time:[/B] Nov. 4, 2008 - 8:20PM, EST

[B]Username:[/B] Tetra of sound
[B]Age:[/B] 14
[B]Location:[/B] West Virginia, USA
[B]How long I've been on OB:[/B] I lost track after I went MIA for about 8 months.

On here, I was once called the "essence of random". I still love that phrase. I'm Narutarded, and proud of it! I have a terrible obsession over Kakashi. I'll comemmorate my SigPic by adding it to this post.

[IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/Mrs_Uchiha_622/oldmankakashi.jpg[/IMG]

I am also hated (a lot, I might add) in the real world, but admired a good bit on the in-ter-net. My roleplays are a little crappy when the first post comes out, and they tend to suffer premature deaths (along with most other things I post in, so watch this thread carefully), but later on, they tend to get slightly romantic/ much better. I'll never be able to drive (if you want the reason, you have to get to know me very well before I'll tell). But anyways, I will finish off with...

[B]OTAKUBOARdS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]:animesmil

My Fave Element

[IMG]http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t337/Seraphimon57/fire_kanji.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=1]Heh, the truth comes out...

[B]Date and Time: [/B]November 5th, 2008 - 12:41 pm GMT
An historic day, as America has elected the first black President, Barack Obama.

[B]Username: [/B]DeLarge
[B]Real Name: [/B]Phil
[B]Age: [/B]18
[B]Location: [/B]Reading, England
[B]How long I've been trapped in the OB spiderweb: [/B]This is a slightly loaded question. As DeLarge, I've been on OB just over 6 months, since April 30 2008. However, with my previous identity as the once-Arena Moderator Blayze, I was on for well over three years. That's right, Blayze and DeLarge are one and the same. I'm surprised nobody guessed already...

[B]Submission:

[/B]HELLO FROM THE PAST!

I'm sure you'll be reading this in holographic form from the deep sea residences we've had to build to escape the cities of the world which have gained sentience and raised themselves up on robotic legs to fight for resources. And there's probably more aliens on OtakuBoards now as well, and robots too. So hi, aliens and robots. And genetic mutants, I shouldn't forget them.

Sorry...I tend to be the one who turns up and makes random comments in various threads in the Lounge, and does other crap across the 'Boards. As Blayze, I tended to only post in the Arena, but since transmogrifying myself into DeLarge, I've been trying to be a more even poster.

I'm not really sure why I didn't just change my screen-name from Blayze to DeLarge rather than creating an entirely new account - I guess I wanted to make a fresh start and that seemed to be the easiest way to do it.

Other than that, I've been writing a lot recently - I'm trying to come up with a couple of ideas for really unique RPs, but they're withering under the lights a little at the moment. However, when I read this in the future, perhaps they will have come to pass and become the greatest RPs ever seen, and I will be the king of the internet. Although it's more likely they'll go for a while, and I'll be a penniless student living in a grotty bedsit in London.

My great ambition at the moment is to do stand-up professionally - I do it as an amateur at the moment and have been told I'm rather good, so I think it's just a case of gigging as often as I can. It'll be much easier when I move to London next September, and there are more comedy venues to get down to. I just love watching, performing and writing comedy so if I manage to break onto the professional circuit that would be my dream come true. Again, perhaps when I read this back, I will be a top comedian living in a swanky London penthouse. Or I could be a penniless student living in a grotty bedsit in London.

As for other stuff, I play bass and saxophone, although not so much of the latter any more, I like to drink alcohol whenever I get the opportunity. I'm not an alcoholic though. Honest.

If I think of some more real stuff to go in here, then I'll post it when I think of it. But, for now...

GOODBYE FROM THE PAST!
[/SIZE]

[b]Date and Time:[/b] November 5, 2008 at 5:12 PM
[b]Username:[/b] DDG
[b]Real Name:[/b] Kayla
[b]Age:[/b] 17
[b]Location:[/b] Michigan

If you know me, you know me, and if you don't, hi. My name is DDG, and it's nice to meet you. I don't bite (usually), I'm occasionally known as "She Who Kills the Masses," and am the Self-Proclaimed Official Bringer of the Party to Shinmaru's Pants (of which Shinmaru is not invited).

[b]My note:[/b]
[quote]Note to self: Finish .hack//TRUTH before this is opened in two years.[/quote]

As of now, .hack//TRUTH has been on-going for four years, nine months. While the posting has been extremely sporadic over the past two years, we still intend to finish it, no matter how long it takes! :animeswea

[SIZE="1"][b]Date and Time:[/b] November 8, 2008 EST

[B]Username:[/B]SaiyanPrincessX
[B]Age:[/B] 22
[B]Location:[/B] Ohio, USA
[B]How long I've been on OB:[/B] It'll be eight years on January 15, 2009.

I was 14 years old when I first registered here. I can't remember how I found OB actually. I was really into DBZ, and I was just getting into drawing anime at the time. I've been using the same username since December 2000. I made a lot of friends here over the years, some I still keep in contact with, and others I do not.

I became obsessed with the former member TOPAZ's artwork around that time. I used to hang around the art forum mostly, and the lounge. Nowadays its more the lounge, and movies, and some of the art forum. The art has dwindled significantly over the years, sadly.

[B]Outside of OB and the web:[/B]
I've been out of high school for a little over three years. I took some classes at the local college, but I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've been doing Taekwondo for four years, and recieved my black belt last year. I also do Muay Thai kickboxing aswell and have become pretty good at that. I've had a few fights. I hope to fight at the Arnold Classic the first weekend in March in Columbus, Ohio. I can do the splits, and I enjoy doing 500 crunches a day, lol. I'm working towards Jokyonim(assistant instructor)in TKD. My nickname in class is Beckatron because I'm there everyday for three classes a day(this would be my dojang I'm referring too).

I still draw and have gotten a lot better than I was those many moons ago when I first stepped into this virtual OB world. Plus my graphics skills have improved.

I have a good relationship with my younger brother, Jordan who is twenty. I currently live with my dad but I don't see him much, and I'm really not that close with him. My mom lives an hour away and I have a better relationship with her. I have two cats, Benny and Boo. (no relation to the OB [i]Boo[/i], ha) I drive a white 99' Pontiac Grand Am.

I've been to Japan and Israel, and hope to go back. Plus I'd like to visit Egypt, then other countries.

I would like to mention that [B][COLOR="Teal"][[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=2223"]Boo[/URL]][/COLOR][/B] is my ninja-pirate sidekick. I talk to him more than anyone else on OB as of now.

[B]In five years:[/B]
I'll be 27 years old, and I hope by then I'll be doing something worthy. I want to join the military, and go to school. I hope I'll be continuing my martial arts, and keeping up with drawing so I don't lose the skills I've mastered. I also want to move back to Arizona, or atleast somewhere back out west. I also pray I'll be strong in my faith in God.

Artwork of now[08']:
[IMG]http://inkript.250free.com/SPX_7years.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/Goku_ssj_sig.gif[/IMG]

Most of my art can be found here. [B][COLOR="Olive"]> [URL="http://saiyanprincessx.deviantart.com/"]http://saiyanprincessx.deviantart.com/[/URL] <[/COLOR][/B]

If I think of more I'll add it here.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Posted Saturday, November 8th, 2008 at 7:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time.

Username: Ace
Former Username: Aceburner
Tenure: has it really been 2 and a half years?

Submission:

I'm not sure about what I really want to put here, but I'll make a definite note of the fact that I'm currently posing in Comic Sans religiously and my avatar and sig both involve Boktai. I was brought here by a link from MyOtaku 2 and a half years ago after being introduced to MyOtaku by a good friend. Ironically, said friend never posts around here anymore. Heck, MyOtaku is all but dead now. i wonder how much will have changed by the time this capsule is open in two years. Maybe I'll be captaining a giant spaceship-mecha and battling for the fate of humanity with the sheer power of manliness. Also, make a note that my current favorite anime is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Anyway, I'd better set some goals here. By the time this capsule is open two years from now, I want to have done two things:

1. I want to have finished my current story running in the Anthology; [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59011"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Until Proven Guilty: The Court Records of Ace O'Turney, Ace Attorney.[/U][/COLOR][/URL] Whether I actually complete another case or if I end the current story at the current one is up for debate.

2. This is my latest picture that is worthy of the internets:

[IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/pioc2.jpg[/IMG]

By the time this is opened, I want to be able to draw better than that. Much better.[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082][size=1][b]Date:[/b] Look at the time stamp on the post.[/size]

[b]Username:[/b] Desbreko
[b]Age:[/b] 20
[b]Location:[/b] California, USA
[b]Time on OB:[/b] Seven years (registered September 6, 2001)

I've had lots of good times here on OB over the last seven years and I imagine I'll still be here in another two. Except for my early days on the forum, I've primarily been a lurker whose posting is rather sporadic but I've risen to the third highest post count on the site through sheer longevity. I wonder where I'll rank when this is opened.

When I do post these days, it's mainly in the gaming and anime (and staff) forums. And still in an indigo (#4B0082) font color, even though I've stopped bothering on other sites.

Currently, I'm one of the site's two administrators working directly under James and have spent the majority of my time on the site as part of the staff. So far, I've always managed to make time for working on the site so I'll probably also still be on the staff in some position or other in two years. Recently I've been working more on the technical side of things as well as regular site management so maybe that will increase.

On that note, it would be nice if I had finally gotten around to learning PHP by the time this is opened.

Some things I'd like to be remembered for, besides being an all-around awesome guy and my work on the staff, include my [thread=35704][u]DailyOtaku[/u][/thread] series of spoof articles about various happenings on OB. Currently there are seven articles, written over the course of nearly five years. (Yeah, I know that's not many. I only write them when I feel like it and have a particularly juicy subject.) Hopefully I'll add a couple more over the next two years.

I doubt they'll be forgotten, but I also have to mention the epic pranks I've pulled on the site. So far, these include:
[list][*][size=2]A [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26751&stc=1&d=1226268785][u]Valentine's Day 2008[/u][/url] prank where I changed The Lounge's forum name to Rach & SunfallE's Love Shack, to poke fun at [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=30891][u]Rachmaninoff[/u][/url] and [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=17833][u]SunfallE[/u][/url]'s real life relationship and the fact that they both moderated the forum.[/size]

[*][size=2]An [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26752&stc=1&d=1226268785][u]April Fools 2008[/u][/url] prank where I changed everyone's avatar to an animated avatar of Hatsune Miku doing the Caramelldansen and their signatures to a YouTube video of the original dance and song with Mai and Mii from the game/anime Popotan. I also added the dancing Mai and Mii animation to the site's top banner. This one was dedicated to [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=1582][u]Gavin[/u][/url] since he had previously said, "I can't wait to see what Des has planned [for April Fools]...so long at least as he doesn't turn the entire boards into one giant Caramelldansen video. *Shudders*"[/size][/list]
And, shortly after the April Fools 2008 prank, I created a [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26753&stc=1&d=1226268785][u]Caramelldansen themed skin[/u][/url] (also featuring Hatsune Miku) for the site, as well as an option to add the dancing Mai and Mii animation to the other skins' top banners. It was complete with the music and all, with the usual podcast link being replaced by a Flash MP3 player that streamed the Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix) song.

[center][hr]50[/hr][/center]
Outside of OB, a recent hobby of mine has been making video walkthroughs for games, which I upload to my [url=http://www.youtube.com/Desbreko][u]YouTube channel[/u][/url]. Right now I've got dungeon walkthroughs and boss videos for Zelda: A Link to the Past, a 100% walkthrough and boss videos for Super Metroid, boss videos for Zelda: Ocarina of Time, some boss videos for Final Fantasy IV Advance, a few boss videos for Mega Man X, and some misc. videos. Producing good walkthrough videos takes a lot of time so I've only done videos for a few of my favorite games.

My latest interest has been fansubbing anime with our site's other lovely administrator, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=6651][u]Dagger[/u][/url]. As of this writing, we've released three things: Aria the Origination ep5.5, the Lucky Star OVA, and Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei ep1. I don't have any plans to do this regularly, though, so we just sub stuff we particularly like when it's unlikely or unclear whether another group will do it (and do it well).

A rising interest of mine, sparked from the former two, is video encoding and editing. Maybe by the time this is reopened I'll have actually put to use some of the AMV ideas I've had floating around in my mind for years. (Seriously, why has a Rurouni Kenshin/Belinda Carlisle - Summer Rain AMV not been made yet?)

As you can tell from everything I've mentioned above, I take interest in a lot of different stuff. And I do a lot of different stuff well. But that's actually been a bit of a problem for me; I'm kind of a jack of all trades, master of none, and have yet to find much of a clue about what I want to pursue as a career. Which is the reason I'm currently a lazy bum who's not in college. I seriously hope I'll have figured out what I want to do by the time this is opened back up.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][B]Date and Time:[/B] November 10th, 2008
[B]Current Username:[/B] Cruizr
[B]Age:[/B] 20
[B]How long I've been here:[/B] 8 years, 13 days

I am currently attending Ivy Tech State College for Visual Communication and Computer Programming.
I have two level 70 characters on World of Warcraft.
[Shinàku (Level 70 Troll Shaman) | Yukazi (Level 70 Human Warlock)]

[Absurdly long post to come after thinking of what to put][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"]November 10th, 2008. 10:12 PM, PST.
Username: Anomaly
Former Username: CoLoR Me EviL (I am still ashamed of this choice and I imagine I will continue to be as such 2 years down the road)
How long I've been here: 4 years

I don't imagine I'll have stopped coming here in 2 years and I don't imagine I'll be much more active, either.

My signature currently informs people that "I'm the goddamn batman" which is pretty important information, I'm sure.

What can I tell myself for 2 years down the road... Oh, always remember that your yearbook quote is hilarious and remember what it's from. If you don't now, go look it up and share in some laughs.

Currently, I just moved out to Vancouver about 2 and a half weeks ago, if that. I am employed and updating my biology 30 mark online so I can apply to get into UBC next year. Oh future self, please be in UBC. Please please please. Fingers crossed! I'm kind of unexciting right now, though living away from home is pretty sweet. My interests have shifted from Japanese to Korean, so I imagine that the me reading this 2 years after the fact is taking one or both of those languages. Nevar 4get, Gong Yuu is one of the most attractive males in the world. Coffee Prince is a sickeningly girly indulgence and maybe you should rewatch it.

I'm doing a lot of creative writing and trolling of the intranetz. Hopefully I've gone somewhere with that (the creative writing, not the trolling.)

So here's some srs goals for you, okay?

- get into UBC. Oh, God help us if we don't. We're so effed if we don't.
- pick a damn minor, already, good lord.
- don't fail.
- pick Korean and Japanese and keep them up!
- look up as much info as you can about exchange programs
- get back into soccer, either coaching kids or playing it. I miss it and it's only been a month or two!
- upgrade to a bigger place at least once.
- make a plan to go to Paris with Mom.
- visit home as often as financially possible.
- get some hobbies, you friendless loser.

mad love!
xoxox
Alexa[/FONT]

[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]Guys! I'm so happy with the response this has gotten! For the first few days when nobody was posting I was a little worried it would stay like that but obviously not! :animesmil Anyway, here is my submission...

[B]Date and Time:[/B] Friday, November 14th, 2008

[INDENT][B]Username:[/B] Lrb
[B]Age:[/B] 17 ([I]18 in 5 days![/I])
[B]Location:[/B] Aurora, ON, Canada
[B]How long I've been on OB:[/B] 6 years as of January 2009 (...wow).
[B]Submission:[/B][/INDENT]
Right now I'm finishing off high school (hopefully by the time I read this I really am done with it) and it's a "[I]breeze[/I]." No relationships right now but I just got ****** over by a certain Elephant Butt. You know who I mean. Yes, I'm talking to my future self. COOL[i]!![/i]

Two years from now I'm expecting to still be in the band and hopefully by then we'll have a name, haha. I'm currently writing a fan fiction for Pokemon which I aim to finish within 2 years. I'm going to submit my current avatar and banner for shits and giggles.

[center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/customavatars/avatar5026_128.gif[/img]
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2908/14111nh0.gif[/img][/center]

Yes, I am completely obsessed with Little Big Planet right now. I'm also playing Mirror's Edge (which I think I will own pretty soon!) and Left 4 Dead. If you haven't played Left 4 Dead in a while go play it now. Trust me.

A friend of mine and his girlfriend are working with me on a sort of online sketch and we've got the introduction done. 2 years from now we [i]better[/i] have some damn episodes done! Here's the intro:

[CENTER][youtube="Prototype"]KU2CvXDxZIU[/youtube][/CENTER]

And I believe that's all. I really hope I'm in College by now because I have absolutely no idea what I want to do for a living. v__v[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]*scrapes throat*

[b]Username:[/b] Boo
[b]Join date:[/b] 03-12-2002 (European: 12/03/2008)
[b]Time spent here:[/b] Almost 7 years! Whoo-... Should I be cheerful about that?
[b]Location:[/b] Nieuwegein or Leeuwarden, the Netherlands
[b]Girlfriend's location:[/b] Czech Republic
[b]Education:[/b] Majoring English at University, but I absolutely do not like it right now.
[b]Stuff that matters here:[/b]
[list][*][b]‘‘What members would you like to meet in real life?’’[/b]
Naming currently active ones: SaiyanPrincessX, Larb, Vicky. And if you're working on a podcast with me, meeting up would make everything a lot easier.
[*][b]‘‘Gay marriage?’’[/b]
Yeah.
[*][b]‘‘Abortion?’’[/b]
In extreme cases and asap. Prefer adoption though.
[*][b]‘‘The Harem of Celebrity Lust’’[/b]
Catherine Zeta Jones, Ewan McGregor, Johnny Depp, Emmy Rossum, Nicole Kidman, Jenny Lewis
[*][b]‘‘Favourite socks?’’[/b]
My blue and gray socks that have letters on them to indicate which sock belongs on which foot. They're warm-ish. :) Though ein bisschen kaput.
[*][b]Current goals at OtakuBoards:[/b]
... Remember to update the Signature of the Week enough. But right now more importantly: Getting the podcast underway! Whoo!
[*][b]‘‘Newbie lounge’’[/b]
[size=2]*grabs frying pan* prepare to die!! :devil: *slams moderator with frying pan* and now ill have you be meat to my sheep!!! :D *sends in sheep*[/size]
[*][b]‘‘Obama or McCain?’’[/b]
What are you talking about? Ralph Nader ftw!
[*][b]‘‘Evolution or Creation?’’[/b]
The two are not opposites of each other.
[*][b]‘‘Religion?’’[/b]
Christian Protestant, taking the word ‘‘Protestant’’ back to more of it's formal meaning.
[*][b]‘‘Currently listening:’’[/b]
Well the last few hours that I have been listening to music were filled with Maxïmo Park. The last few months were filled with the debut album of Skye Edwards and an occasional play of [i]Headlock[/i] by Imogen Heap. The last two years or something I have been listening to Morcheeba and Wir Sind Helden making them two of my all time favourite bands. Through the years I have always listened steadily to Franz Ferdinand.
[*][b]‘‘Favourite band(s)/artist(s)’’[/b]
Franz Ferdinand, Wir Sind Helden, Morcheeba, Queen, Dire Straits
[*][b]‘‘Favourite movies’’[/b]
Moulin Rouge, Lion King
[*][b]‘‘Favourite Anime characters’’[/b]
Cubone - Pokemon, Tien and Chao Su - Dragon ball Z. That's about all the shows I know. Ha.
[*][b]‘‘Rank in postcount’’[/b] (stole from Asphy)
[*][b]‘‘Postcount’’[/b]
[*][b]‘‘ ’’[/b]

[*][b]‘‘ ’’[/b]
[/list]
[b]Current activity:[/b]
11-15-2008, 12:51: Talking to the ninja mistress.

More to come, I guess.
[/size]

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][B]Username:[/B] Lady Asphyxia
[B]Age:[/B] 20
[B]Location:[/B] Australia
[B]How long I've been on OB: [/B]6 and a half years. (7 on the 17th of June 2009)

So, me. I'm very rarely here anymore -- mostly just pop in every now and then to see if I can drive-by post in an event...conveniently, just like this one.

I think in some ways that I have been here far, far too long. I still like the people, I still browse and sometimes I even get so far as to click the 'post reply' button -- but I very rarely actually make the effort to write and submit. If we're looking at intentions, I'd be a very active member, I swear. I just lack follow through.

So, things about me that I'd like to remember:

[/SIZE][/SIZE][LIST]
[*][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/images/goldstar.gif[/IMG] [SIZE=1]Makes me the coolest person ever. [/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1]I am the 78th highest poster on OB. Yeah, I counted. And surprisingly, Raiha is no longer el honcho. Less surprisingly, James is.
[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1]The Newbie Lounge, despite what everyone thinks, was brilliant. Evil, but brilliant.
[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1]I was originally one of Liamc2's 'flock'.
[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1]My favourite RPG to date is SYF. I swear one day I will finish it.
[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1]Closely followed by a random one where I ended up a mind-reader accidentally because my character commented on something that another poster 'said to himself'. The writer intended to mean 'thought', I thought it was 'said out loud to himself'. I love misunderstandings.
[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=1]Viva la super secret yaoi lounge. Does it exist? Doesn't it? Who will ever know?[/SIZE][/LIST][SIZE=1]Um, I just realised this post was about the past, not aspirations for the future. Maybe that's all deep or something? Or perhaps I'm just in the middle of uni exams (p.s. I'm really sorry if I fail French) and don't want to think.

Oh! And enjoy Edinburgh. I hope it's the time of my life.

J'ai fini.
[/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"][B]My real name is[/B] Marta.
[B]My username is[/B] taperson.
[B]I live in[/B] Indiana.
[B]I've been on OB for[/B] 2 1/2 years (Join date: 06-05-2006)

I don't have too much to say about OB.
I used to be really active here, "back in the day", but things have died down considerably since then, & thus my posting has also as a result.
But let's see...

I still only post in the Lounge or for various community events. I've never been "into" anime or anything of the sort. In fact, on OB, not only does no one really know who I am (despite having been year 2 1/2 years), but I am also relatively boring. I don't say that out of bitterness but out of truth. It's neat.

I like the Lounge a lot. The mods right now are SunfallE & Rachaminoff. I like Rach, but it's hella confusing because our avatars are currently very similar:

His: [IMG]http://otakuboards.com/customavatars/avatar30891_9.gif[/IMG]

Mine: [IMG]http://otakuboards.com/customavatars/avatar27681_3.gif[/IMG]

I have met an OB'er, Mr. Maul. When we met, I got into a car accident. Whoopee. We've hung out a few times since then. He's pretty neat!

I'm trying to convince Dragon Warrior to come down South to Indiana to visit me. I think he & I would get along really well. We're gonna jam on our geetars when he visits.

I like posting in size 1 in "Deep Sky Blue". I think it's pretty!

Anyway, I have 289 posts (290 now!). That's .31 posts a day! Holy peanut butter!

At this point in my [B]life,[/B] things suck. My boyfriend broke up with me a week ago, the first semester of college kicked my intellectual ***, & I have a headache.

But it's all good. Everything works out in the end, yes?

Something to remember who I am right now?

I hope that shows up.

Love to your mother.

Marta.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][B]Username[/B]: Sangome
[B]Age[/B]: 18
[B]Location[/B]: Illinois, the [strike]land no one cares about[/strike] [strike]land of corrupt politicians that would make Lincoln turn over in his grave[/strike] Land of Lincoln!!!
[B]How long I've been on OB[/B]: 2 years, three years at the end of February.

Like, taperson, I don't have much to say about OB, either. I post rather erratically, and have been known to drop off the face of OB for months on end. Not very many people here know me anyway, aside from a few miscellaneous people, and some of the mods. [Not because I'm a miscreant, mind you. Geez]. I'm really more well known on OB's sister site, theOtaku, although I don't think that's really anything to brag about...

I prefer to post in the Lounge, mainly because there's more to talk about there. Anime Central is okay in certain doses, and I rarely post in Arcade...which is odd considering how I'm a rather avid gamer. And I've posted in many formats, but mainly size 1, black font. Why? Because I can.

Speaking of games, I am a huge fan of RPGs, especially JRPGs. I love the Xenosaga series and Tales series, and have been playing Vesperia. Gorgeous game. Also, my love for the Abyss entry in the series was revived this year due to the release of the anime in October. I've also been making my little TotA army because of it. We hope to conquer the world by 2013, provided the world doesn't end the year before.

As for personal things...well, I started college this year, and the first semester screwed me over, I hate it. Hopefully, next semester will be better...but I do miss my high school, dearly.

One last thing. I'm probably the only person that has sworn death onto Des for his putrid pranks. Whether or not this comes into fruition two years from now...we'll just have to see. [spoiler]BWAHAHAHAHA[/spoiler]

See ya in '10, folks. [Wow, that's weird to type][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#9933ff]Sounds like a good idea

[b]Time and date[/b]- refer to the time stamp please.

[b]Current user name[/b]- Chibi Horsewoman

[b]Real name[/b] Megan or Meg

[b]Member since[/b]- November (?) 2003 so I've been properly annoying most of you all over five years

[b]Current location[/b]- Mom's office in Western New York State

[b]Age[/b]- 27

[b]Where I plan to be by October 10th of next year[/b]- It's a long shot that it'll happen before 2011, but I should be at least getting ready to move to the Greater Seattle Area (May God be kind and keep me out of California!) with my daughter and boyfriend. (Boyfriend's Location is Kelowna BC)

Ookay so what to say here?

I've not much to say on the OB since I don't congregate here as much as I used to. I guess I'll just blather on about myself until I find if I can say something about the OB.

Well at this time I'm trying to get to the gym as much as I can with a co-worker of mine because I've been chubby most of my life and I want to lose some weight and not be a fat bride or fat whatever for the rest of my life. It's not fun.

I work for Clare Bridge of Perinton an affiliate of Brookdale Senior Living for elderly residents with Alzheimers and dimensia. And tonight was not too fun because one resident was pooping everywhere but her toilet. Also one of my co-workers is pregnant so she's being an all out ... eh you know to me. And that's my full time job. I'm about to start working at Wolk Manor an affiliate of The Jewish Home of Rochester as a Resident Associate Per Diem. I enjoy working with the elderly even if some of the experiances are less than enjoyable.

Let's see, as many of you all know I have a four year old girl,
[CENTER][IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/051.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
she'll be five this year. So she may or may not be starting school depending on how the rest of her pre school stuff pans out. She's doing pretty good. Ooh man she's silly, and adorable, my boyfriend wants to adopt her (He can't though because her father is still alive... we totally won't get into that. ) and most of my friends at least want to borrow her.

Whew what else? Hmm, I do want to get married again and have at least two more kids. I haven't decided on names yet, but I do know if one is a boy the poor thing will have to go through life as Harvey Gerald... I hope CPS doesn't go after me for that one.:animeswea But that's my boyfriend's idea not mine. He's 3 years younger than me and sentimental. He's also a college student.

I'm a horrid artist, but I still try to do it sometimes. BUt not recently. And I sing badly too.

Hmm, guess I can say a bit on the OB. I've been here for five years, it's been quite sporadic the past few years, in one instance that is probably deleted my ex-husband posted on here blaming me for his infedelity. That was priceless. I've frequented mainly the lounge and the anime/manga forum. Sometimes I come on here to talk movies and music. And I've tried a few times to get people talking about Desperate Housewives- I even started a fan club on them, but it's now disbanded. When first came on here in 2003 I was a bored as hell Army wife in Ft. Hood Texas. Now I'm a stressed out over worked single mom in New York! Let's see what 2010 will bring [/color]

• 2 years later...
[color="#0000ff"]Hello everyone! It seems that we forgot about this last year as, if you look at the first post, it says that it would be re-opened on 10/10/10. However, we're going to go with the excuse that 11/11/11 is a much more awesome date and as such, waited until now to bring it back. So, without further ado, I give you the OB Time Capsule! Enjoy :D[/color]