Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
A few places around here got struck last night. It was interesting. I love storms, but I admit that was a little too close for comfort.

It didn't stop until about half past nine this morning. (So, not that long ago.)
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Axel Alloy' date='05 June 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1275745563' post='694657']
So, I've got Nick over for the weekend.

Who wants to pity me first? ¬¬
[/quote]

You miss are a buttface. :( Edited by Ninja Spoon
Posted
so for the last few days i went to the Temecula balloon and wine festival!
I got to taste wine, camp out in a trailer park (most people had trailers so t was pretty funny to be one of the three people with tents)
I got to see my favorite band for the second time in concert, Gin Blossoms, as well as Vertical Horizon, who had an amazing performance.

I alsotook over the shop of an old coworker and made a few paper sales. (and lied a lot to managers and customers allike) I then foud a cement turtle to take back as a souvenir, which was kinda difficult because i wanted a smiling turtle and everywhere i looked it was sad or indifferent turtles. I also had a three song set with a stranger at a best buy booth that was displaying an electric acoustic guitar and a electric drum set. The random guy who took the drums was pretty damn good, so we just started jamming and we actually had people take pictures of us (my fifteen minutes of fame)

basically... great trip and im planning on going next year as well.
Posted
Saw Prince of Persia yesterday. It was a decent enough movie. I sure don't regret spending the money to go see it. On a side note taxes on items went up in my state. I have never been so mad.
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph' date='06 June 2010 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1275805568' post='694707']

[FONT=Calibri]La donna e mobile.[/FONT]
[/quote]


[color="#4169E1"][font="Book Antiqua"]Cute.

My left thigh is numb & has been for 7 months. It also feels sporadic & horrible pain at random times. I went to a neurologist on Friday & came to find that there isn't anything they can do about it. It might go away on its own. I have a 25% chance of full recovery.

I don't want to get started on the rest of my life.

[i]Rigoletto[/i] is a very, very good opera.[/font][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph' date='06 June 2010 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1275805568' post='694707']
[FONT=Calibri]Robin Hood is a great movie. Prince of Persia is as good as Avatar; if you loved Avatar then you'll love this movie, and if not then you won't.
[/FONT]
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms] I loved Avatar and hated Prince of Persia

js.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='eleanor' date='06 June 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1275868167' post='694759']
[font="trebuchet ms"] I loved Avatar and hated Prince of Persia

js.[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Prince of Persia was simply a cheap ripoff. Most video game based movies simply suck. [/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Persona' date='06 June 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1275870044' post='694761']
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Prince of Persia was simply a cheap ripoff. Most video game based movies simply suck. [/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]I've seen worse video game based movies. As far as movies of that genre go, I didn't think it was that bad.
Plus, Jake Gyllenhaal shirtless = hnnnnnnnngh. A good hnnnnnnngh.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='mapthesoul.' date='06 June 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1275871998' post='694762']
[font="Garamond"]I've seen worse video game based movies. As far as movies of that genre go, I didn't think it was that bad.
Plus, Jake Gyllenhaal shirtless = hnnnnnnnngh. A good hnnnnnnngh.[/font]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Well of course there were worse movies. Like Street Fighter...and Street Fighter: Something something Chun Li....and oh so many more. So I could agree it's not the worst. It's good enough to watch it on movie night on TV or rent it in the Red Box dollar machine. Buuuttttt him shirtless such an eye candy..best part in the film.[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Now if only we could get rid of the girl..[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Persona' date='06 June 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1275872663' post='694763']
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Well of course there were worse movies. Like Street Fighter...and Street Fighter: Something something Chun Li....and oh so many more. So I could agree it's not the worst. It's good enough to watch it on movie night on TV or rent it in the Red Box dollar machine. Buuuttttt him shirtless such an eye candy..best part in the film.[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Now if only we could get rid of the girl..[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Agreed. I couldn't stand her either.
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph' date='05 June 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1275805568' post='694707']
[font="Calibri"]Robin Hood is a great movie. Prince of Persia is as good as Avatar; if you loved Avatar then you'll love this movie, and if not then you won't.[/font][/quote]
[font="Tahoma"]I guess I won't like it then. oO Avatar was pretty, but the story was really dumb. [/font]
Posted
I must have magnets in my hands and feet or something, 'cause I'm [i]always[/i] bumping them on doorknobs and doorways. Doors are just... evil.
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Persona' date='06 June 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1275870044' post='694761']
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Prince of Persia was simply a cheap ripoff. Most video game based movies simply suck. [/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

I just couldn't get over the fact that they cast JAKE GYLLENHAAL to play a PERSIAN guy. And no, tanned white guy =/= more believable.

keep it strong, hollywood racism. I'll see you again in "The Last Airbender" Edited by eleanor
Posted
I feel special. I went to a friends house today and met his dog Zena. Apparently, she only listens to him - this confirmed by ALL of the people who have met her before - and she doesn't really like other people. This was said of the dog that insistently licked my hand for five minutes when she realized I was no longer scratching her ears, then went to sleep on my feet. <3
Posted
I feel special. I went to a friends house today and met his dog Zena. Apparently, she only listens to him - this confirmed by ALL of the people who have met her before - and she doesn't really like other people. This was said of the dog that insistently licked my hand for five minutes when she realized I was no longer scratching her ears, then went to sleep on my feet. <3
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Persona' date='06 June 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1275865600' post='694758']
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Tacos are simply overrated. Enough said.[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
:angry:

I have one week to get better at algebra. Yet I have this amazingly empowering feeling that I can do this. Hungh. :mellow: Edited by chibi-master
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master' date='07 June 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1275883944' post='694785']
:angry:

I have one week to get better at algebra. Yet I have this amazingly empowering feeling that I can do this. Hungh. :mellow:
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Lol at the emoticon. Is all.

Hey Algebra was pretty easy, I'm sure you'll do it and do it well. [/color][/size][/font]
Posted (edited)
the story of my life this weekend

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/24qnv2p.gif[/img]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='07 June 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1275883944' post='694785']
I have one week to get better at algebra. Yet I have this amazingly empowering feeling that I can do this. Hungh. :mellow:
[/quote]

in general this is called sitting down for several hours a day every day redoing problems/doing more problems Edited by eleanor
Posted
[quote name='Persona' date='07 June 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1275870044' post='694761']
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Prince of Persia was simply a cheap ripoff. Most video game based movies simply suck. [/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]Raul Julia was the best M. Bison ever. No dispute.[/font][/size][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Korey' date='07 June 2010 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1275903806' post='694796']
[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]Raul Julia was the best M. Bison ever. No dispute.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Lol. Best M Bison? Well for live action movies, I suppose so. Despite most of their info was wrong and come on Bison all sympathetic for is supposedly daughter? Oh man, [b]BISON[/b] is [b]BISON[/b]....he doesn't give a *Bleep*. Chun Li: I'll get my reve- Bison: Yes yes revenge for your father. I killed my father and you don't see me complaining about it. I know it went something along those lines Good ole' cartoon show.[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Stephanie' date='07 June 2010 - 06:07 AM' timestamp='1275883643' post='694784']
I feel special. I went to a friends house today and met his dog Zena. Apparently, she only listens to him - this confirmed by ALL of the people who have met her before - and she doesn't really like other people. This was said of the dog that insistently licked my hand for five minutes when she realized I was no longer scratching her ears, then went to sleep on my feet. <3
[/quote]
[b]
That's so cute. ^^

What kind of dog is she?

As for me, I really want a pet of some kind. T_T[/b]
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Persona' date='07 June 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1275924946' post='694801']
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Lol. Best M Bison? Well for live action movies, I suppose so. Despite most of their info was wrong and come on Bison all sympathetic for is supposedly daughter? Oh man, [b]BISON[/b] is [b]BISON[/b]....he doesn't give a *Bleep*. [/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Raul Julia was dying of stomach cancer at the time. Knowing that whatever movie he did would be his final role, he either let his children/grandchildren pick his role or he picked it knowing they were fans [not sure which], and apparently wanted to go out on a loud note. That alone is made of awesome, heartwarming, and sad all at the same time.

And there's also this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ[/media]

[spoiler]Of course [pun not intended], I myself have yet to see the movie, and that probably invalidates most of what I said...but still. That alone makes me wanna see it, whether or not it's regarded as so bad it's good or so bad it's horrible.[/spoiler][/font][/color] Edited by Vivian
Posted
[quote name='Vivian' date='07 June 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1275937196' post='694811']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Raul Julia was dying of stomach cancer at the time. Knowing that whatever movie he did would be his final role, he either let his children/grandchildren pick his role or he picked it knowing they were fans [not sure which], and apparently wanted to go out on a loud note. That alone is made of awesome, heartwarming, and sad all at the same time.

And there's also this

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X8u7px_GzWQ[/url][/media]

[spoiler]Of course [pun not intended], I myself have yet to see the movie, and that probably invalidates most of what I said...but still. That alone makes me wanna see it, whether or not it's regarded as so bad it's good or so bad it's horrible.[/spoiler][/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#708090"]How heartwarming indeed(No sarcasm). But to make it clear for/if any wrong impression. Never did I say the actor himself sucked. The people that wrote his role sucked, even the whole script. As for the actor himself, with his condition and all. He did good in the best of his ability.[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#708090"]Nothing wrong with that at all.[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#708090"]I watched it because it was on one of the movie channels, Stars I think.[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#708090"]So me being an SF fan...despite knowing the move was poor had to watch it once and survive.[/color][/size][/font]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...