OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='eleanor' date='02 June 2010 - 06:39 AM' timestamp='1275485971' post='694268']
Is it just my mac or like half of the users' fonts on OB now so tiny you can't read them without zooming in three time or squinting??
[/quote]
Yeah, I've been using size 1 font on OB for like 8 years, but I think I'm going to have to go up a size or two for this new version.

-Shy

[quote name='eleanor' date='02 June 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1275464849' post='694245']
[font="Verdana"]I just watched Rebuild of Eva 2.22 and my mind is blown.[/font]
[/quote]

Eva 2.22 was kind of strange because the characters are so honest and straightforward! Asuka particularly threw me for a loop. It's weird because the feelings behind the characters aren't really different (they feel the same way they do in the series once you make your way past all the layers of confusion), but Eva 2.22 does away with most of the deliberate confusion, I think half out of storytelling necessity and half because Hideaki Anno is just a different person now than he was 15 years ago when first directing Evangelion. I wouldn't say it is necessarily better or worse yet (especially with two movies remaining); just different.

Also Eva 2.22 made me realize that, apparently, Asuka is my favorite Eva character. When in the hell did THAT happen?? ([spoiler]Asuka's eyepatch in the next movie looks pretty boss, gotta say. Wouldn't she be a great pirate?[/spoiler])

[quote name='Aberinkula & Fitch' date='02 June 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1275511375' post='694295']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]So I just found out that the parts I need to finish my senior project (which is the only thing standing between me and graduating this month) have been subject to a shipping delay and won't be arriving until three days after my deadline.

BRB hanging myself.[/font]
[/quote]

Can't they make an exception?

[quote name='Aberinkula & Fitch' date='02 June 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1275511375' post='694295']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]So I just found out that the parts I need to finish my senior project (which is the only thing standing between me and graduating this month) have been subject to a shipping delay and won't be arriving until three days after my deadline.

BRB hanging myself.[/font]
[/quote]

What's the project? Can you get the parts some other way?

FINAL EXAMS ARE COMING LIKE A PLANE THROUGH MY WINDOW ARGH NOOOOO!!!!! At least the grading curve on the Algebra Regents exam is enormous. Seriously, the rules are that if you know at least a thrid of the material, you pass. Should this worry me?

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 June 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1275516643' post='694305']
What's the project? Can you get the parts some other way?

FINAL EXAMS ARE COMING LIKE A PLANE THROUGH MY WINDOW ARGH NOOOOO!!!!! At least the grading curve on the Algebra Regents exam is enormous. Seriously, the rules are that if you know at least a thrid of the material, you pass. Should this worry me?
[/quote]

Now imagine taking a final exam and having to do final projects every 11-12 weeks. That is what I go through. Never, EEEEVER go to ITT-Tech.

[quote name='Rebellion' date='03 June 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1275517009' post='694309']
Now imagine taking a final exam and having to do final projects every 11-12 weeks. That is what I go through. Never, EEEEVER go to ITT-Tech.
[/quote]

[b]But I've seen the commercials! Almost everyone that goes there ends up with a motorcycle! A motorcycle![/b] Edited by Piano Parade

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 June 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1275516643' post='694305']
What's the project? Can you get the parts some other way?[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I'm building a computer. Luckily, since that little mental breakdown, the store I was getting the parts from was nice enough to loan me the parts to make another one in the meantime.[/font]

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='02 June 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1275501116' post='694284']
Eva 2.22 was kind of strange because the characters are so honest and straightforward! Asuka particularly threw me for a loop. It's weird because the feelings behind the characters aren't really different (they feel the same way they do in the series once you make your way past all the layers of confusion), but Eva 2.22 does away with most of the deliberate confusion, I think half out of storytelling necessity and half because Hideaki Anno is just a different person now than he was 15 years ago when first directing Evangelion. I wouldn't say it is necessarily better or worse yet (especially with two movies remaining); just different.

Also Eva 2.22 made me realize that, apparently, Asuka is my favorite Eva character. When in the hell did THAT happen?? ([spoiler]Asuka's eyepatch in the next movie looks pretty boss, gotta say. Wouldn't she be a great pirate?[/spoiler])
[/quote]

[spoiler]I totally agree. The Asuka bit was like "ffwhaa?" Especially when she called Misato and talked about how it was nice to open up/talk to other people (my face --> o_o). I was on 4chan's /a/ and they were all claiming that the rebuild Asuka was worse because she was just a huge tsundere but I liked her a lot more in the rebuild than in the original series, too. She's still not my favorite but I can see why Rebuild would change someone's mind... in the original series I pretty much didn't like any of the characters except Kaworu, who was in it for like 14 whopping minutes, but after Rebuild I really like all of them. And I ship Shinji/Rei now, even if it's sort of creepy. They were shipping Shinji/Rei SO HARD in Rebuild.

And it's interesting to see Shinji and Rei acting with a bit of backbone this time. It seems like in the rebuild they emphasize Shinji's main problem as his need for approval from his father. I watched the series so long ago I don't remember well but I never remembered it being like the *main* cause, just one of many. Anyways, I approve. And when Rei stopped Asuka from slapping her in the elevator. Loved it.

Also I'm one of those fans who REALLY WANTS Rebuild to be the "sequel" (aka this is the world Shinji created after the third impact/everyone turns into tang in EoE). People are theorizing that eyepatch Asuka is the "real" Asuka from EoE... idk I sort of want it to happen hehe.

I hated Mari at first because she was a useless side-character/Mary Sue but by the end I loved her.

Also I was teh happy over Kaworu. :] I want Shinji/Kaworu :] :]

I was disappointed by 1.11 because it just boring rehash to me, but 2.22 has gotten my excited... I want Rebuild to be "better" than the original. ITA with what you said about how Anno is a different person now. I want Rebuild to have a bittersweet ending rather than EoE's depressing mindfuckery with overuse of Christian symbols. [/spoiler] Edited by eleanor

[quote name='eleanor' date='02 June 2010 - 06:39 AM' timestamp='1275485971' post='694268']
Is it just my mac or like half of the users' fonts on OB now so tiny you can't read them without zooming in three time or squinting??
[/quote]
[color=#4B0082]This isn't anything new. People really need to stop using size 1 for normal post text. It's 2010 and the average monitor resolution isn't 800x600 anymore.[/color]

[quote name='Piano Parade' date='02 June 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1275521287' post='694319']
[b]But I've seen the commercials! Almost everyone that goes there ends up with a motorcycle! A motorcycle![/b]
[/quote]

And they all say that the teachera and such are like family! Why would television lie to us all?! :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm pretty sure that I have the right to choose whether or not I want to take a certification exam. My dad agreed to let me take the Microsoft Word one, but he has decided that he is going to force me to take the PowerPoint one as well. I DON'T HAVE ANY INTEREST IN TAKING A POWERPOINT EXAM!!! I know he's trying to force me to do what he believes is best for me, but I think that even [b][i]I[/i][/b] have a say in my education. :angry: Edited by chibi-master

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I just spent an entire day panicking over a project that couldn't decide whether or not it wanted to let me finish it. I passed the last hurdle it threw up against me through a tiny bit of luck and my own intuition and now I'm waiting for it to finish installing its operating system. I feel like a damned hero. This is appropriate and necessary.[/font]

[center][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/hob-fig-9239_01.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[quote name='Piano Parade' date='02 June 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1275521287' post='694319']
[b]But I've seen the commercials! Almost everyone that goes there ends up with a motorcycle! A motorcycle![/b]
[/quote]

:lol: Let's see. I started December 2008 and graduate December 2010 (YES!!!) and I've only seen 1 motorcycle at that school. But I do want a motorcycle though :) I'll get one eventually.

[quote name ='chibi_master']And they all say that the teachera and such are like family! Why would television lie to us all?![/quote]
Teachers are nice as can be but some of their teaching methods are garbage. The main problem with the school I'm at is equipment. Being in a Computer Drafting program you'd think they'd give us a laptop or the programs that's required since most of our work is done on the computer. Noooo, all we get is some hand drafting kit with some scales and pencils that we only used for one class (ONE FRICKIN CLASS). After you pass that class that drafting kit is useless. I'll stop there before I go on a huge rant... (And please don't say I can always transfer.... Grr.... :( :angry: ) Edited by Rebellion

[quote name='Aberinkula & Fitch' date='02 June 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1275530977' post='694347']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I just spent an entire day panicking over a project that couldn't decide whether or not it wanted to let me finish it. I passed the last hurdle it threw up against me through a tiny bit of luck and my own intuition and now I'm waiting for it to finish installing its operating system. I feel like a damned hero. This is appropriate and necessary.[/font]

[center][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/hob-fig-9239_01.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[/quote]

*clapclapclapclapclap* Knew you could do it!

[quote name='Miss Anonymous' date='03 June 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1275550095' post='694375']
May I ask why everyone seems to be changing their usernames as of late? That's not to say I'm against it, just that [b]it's terribly confusing.[/b]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"] ;)

Also, it has become fun and easy and we can do it ourselves three times a month. It's a feature that simply needs to be abused.[/font]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#808000"][/color][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"]I think the ability to change your Display Name three times a month is a bit of a novelty right now, but once people get used to it I have a feeling it won't be happening frequently. But who really knows.

Anyway, we have a really great feature in profiles called Display Name History. If you click that link you'll not only see a list of Display Names, but you'll even see where the changes were. Admittedly that means you need to check a profile page to see this, but still, I wouldn't want us to allow Display Name changing [i]without [/i]a history being accessible.
[/font]

[quote name='Piano Parade' date='03 June 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1275521287' post='694319']
[/quote]
[color="#000080"]
[size="2"][font="Garamond"]That's like all the Army commercials telling you how kick-ass the army is. You get to blow stuff up and have a grand ol'time. Women will want you and it's never hard. Ever.

Decided to switch up the font and increase it a size, since even for me Franklin Gothic Medium is a little too small on size 1. Garamond size 2 it is :P[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Aberinkula & Fitch' date='03 June 2010 - 03:24 AM' timestamp='1275553480']
[font="Comic Sans MS"] ;)

Also, it has become fun and easy and we can do it ourselves three times a month. It's a feature that simply needs to be abused.[/font]
[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Incidentally, the first portion of your current callsign does in fact have a sort of unfortunately permanent stigma of omgzorzIrontehinterwebz attached to it. Might I suggest looking him up in the members list?

A large spider (and the problem of killing it efficiently) kept me awake until four-thirty in the morning the night before last, and so in protest I went to bed at ten last night and woke up at quarter to six for no reason at all.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' date='03 June 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1275567867' post='694391']
[FONT=Calibri]Incidentally, the first portion of your current callsign does in fact have a sort of unfortunately permanent stigma of omgzorzIrontehinterwebz attached to it. Might I suggest looking him up in the members list?[/FONT][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]For a moment, before I realised it was Ace I was dreading he'd actually returned.[/size][/font]