Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Stephanie' date='23 August 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1282538353' post='699749']
Yay, chibs! Me, too. :3 If you know ASL and English, you're considered bilingual.
[/quote]
Really? That's awesome! So I'll know English, Spanish, Latin and ASL...
Posted
[quote name='White' date='23 August 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1282543930' post='699753']
[font="Garamond"]American Sign Language :3[/font]
[/quote]
Ah... I never called it that. I just say sign language.
Posted
[font="Georgia"]So, I saw a news report about some land dispute that ended up with approximately 5 people dead and one person with life threatening injuries because someone decided to pull out the gun. Didn't this kind of stuff end in like.... the 1890s?[/font]
Posted
[quote name='CaNz' date='23 August 2010 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1282544385' post='699755']
i know... FSL is waaaaay better.... its so much more romantic!
[/quote]
CaNz is my new favorite person forever. XD

[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='23 August 2010 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1282583910' post='699763']
[font="Georgia"]So, I saw a news report about some land dispute that ended up with approximately 5 people dead and one person with life threatening injuries because someone decided to pull out the gun. Didn't this kind of stuff end in like.... the 1890s?[/font]
[/quote]
Apparently not... O_O
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master' date='23 August 2010 - 03:55 AM' timestamp='1282532118' post='699748']


Because I think it might be useful one day. I like useful things. :)
[/quote]

Good for you! I know sign language, and it is far more useful than people might think. And, like you mentioned, it is great fun to learn.

I've been playing FF6 all day, and can't get the music from the World Map out of my head.
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph' date='23 August 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1282592421' post='699771']
[FONT=Calibri]Yeah, I brought up that angle a while back. No one knew what I was talking about.[/FONT]
[/quote]
I definately need to start learning these lingo's... I just came across "td:lr" or something like that and it got me all twisted in the head.
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Beretta' date='23 August 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1282593005' post='699772']
I definately need to start learning these lingo's... I just came across "td:lr" or something like that and it got me all twisted in the head.
[/quote]

[b]Just be careful with ASL on the internet, since people might mix it up with Age/Sex/Location.

I know what you mean though. It took me a little while to figure out that QFT wasn't[color="#FF00FF"] Queen For Today[/color][/b] Edited by Lilt
Posted
[quote name='Beretta' date='23 August 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1282593005' post='699772']
I definately need to start learning these lingo's... I just came across "td:lr" or something like that and it got me all twisted in the head.
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Too Long; Didn't Read

Recently it seems to be getting applied to anything more than three rows of text long, so the meaning is getting diluted. Used to apply to walls of text.[/font]
Posted
QUARP!

I like learning ASL, but I just wish that I could remember more at once! My patience needs some work...

I really wish my school would get my schedule to me soon... I kind of need it.

I just found out that nail polish remover burns the hell out of open cuts. :blink:

QUARP!
Posted
FFXIII is taking away time my friend spends with me.... it i hadn't already been trapped by its venomous tug i might be a tad bit upset.
Posted
Ouch.

I'm hearing a lot of mixed opinions about FFXIII. From what I've seen of the game it does look a little off-putting (in terms of the battle system) but I still wouldn't mind trying it out.

@NeedMoarRope (Your name, I swear it has me thinking I'm seeing something else) - Hmm.. Too long: didn't read... Err.. I rather just type those words out.

I suppose everyone here know what "smh" means as well? I've been seeing that a lot too... (Of course, in the back of my mind, it's like ________________)

@Lilt - I completely forgot about Age/Sex/Location. It's been so long since I've been in a chat room where people ask that question all the time.
Posted (edited)
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]smh = shake my head.

Also, for future reference, [url="http://www.urbandictionary.com/"]Urban Dictionary[/url] is awesome for all those little terms/abbreviations that you don't know. :biggrin: Thankfully I know most of them, but I still use it if I come across a real head-scratcher.

And FFXIII was okay from what I played. I rented it -- for free, to boot so I didn't lose any money from a purchase -- but it just felt so...bland. I guess it's cause I didn't get far enough where everything stops being linear. =/ Liked the characters, though.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome
Posted
[quote name='Beretta' date='24 August 2010 - 06:10 AM' timestamp='1282644659' post='699789']
I'm hearing a lot of mixed opinions about FFXIII.
[/quote]

[color=indigo]Once you get through the first three chapters (you get introduced to the battle system slowly through the first three chapters) it is easily the best Final Fantasy game released. The plot is strong, the cut scenes
are brilliant, the characters develop well over the game, the battle system is phenomenal, and the game stays challenging by pacing your ability to power up.

If you enjoy FF games then there would be no reason why you wouldn't enjoy FFXIII.[/color]
Posted
QUARP!

I really feel I shouldn't have to get up early for the remainder of my summer vacation. Seems like a waste...

This morning I noticed it was really bright and sunny outside. However, when I went to look out the window, there was a crapload of dark clouds covering the sky. It was still bright as can be, though. O_O How does that even work?

One of my best friends on the planet decided to call me at 4:45 a.m. to tell me he had been a vegetarian "for, like, two months now." I love him like a brother, but seriously. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO SOMEONE?! Truth be told, I just don't want to here about how PETA opened his eyes and how he wants to save the sea kittens. I give him two more weeks to snap.

QUARP!
Posted
well... i like sea kittens as much as the next guy, but calling at 4:45am is a bit much for me.

(making salad tonight... i have had waaaaay to much fast food and processed products the last few days)
Posted
I could go for some chinese food right about now.

Also, until further notice, I've given up boys. I'm still a little - okay, a lot - attached to the one and the others are just annoying. So! :D
Posted (edited)
[quote name='eleanor' date='24 August 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1282692482' post='699807']
wow, 4:45 am?
[/quote]
QUARP!

It usually wouldn't be a problem, since I'd be up at that time anyway. Ever since that trip to the ER, I've been going to sleep at 5 a.m., but I went to sleep at 2:45 a.m. this morning, so getting woken up 2 hours later wasn't great.

QUARP! Edited by chibi-master
Posted
[quote name='Stephanie' date='25 August 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1282694358' post='699810']
I could go for some chinese food right about now.

Also, until further notice, I've given up boys. I'm still a little - okay, a lot - attached to the one and the others are just annoying. So! :D
[/quote]

[b]That's funny, I just got back. I have leftovers. :smirk: What's your favorite meal?

Oh and who is this 'one' by the way? He must be pretty special. :D[/b]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='25 August 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1282696645' post='699811']
It usually wouldn't be a problem, since I'd be up at that time anyway. Ever since that trip to the ER, I've been going to sleep at 5 a.m., but I went to sleep at 2:45 a.m. this morning, so getting woken up 2 hours later wasn't great.
[/quote]

[b]WHEN DID YOU GO TO THE ER?! :blink: What happened? Are you okay? :o [/b]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...