OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='eleanor' date='16 August 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1282013287' post='699515']
I sketched today for the first time in a looong while. I wish I could get really, really into drawing again and actually master colors, but I guess I don't have the drive anymore, which is funny because in middle school drawing cartoons consumed my life and I probably did 2-4 hours every day. For some reason I just stopped early in HS and never got into it like that again :'(

[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/ick7zs.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]love the colouring, the outfit... pretty much just love it all. Agreed with chibi, you need to draw more :3

In the happiest news of my summer, I PASSED KOREAN 200! WITH 62! SO I COULD TAKE 300 ONE DAY IF I WANT TOO! YAAAAAY <333333333 I was so scared for awhile .__. but the studying/killing myself paid off xD happy happy happy~

gonna go collapse in a heap and relax, now.[/font]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='17 August 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1282075846' post='699548']
I am not pleased. After working my tail off for two days on a contest entry for a really interesting art contest, the contest was cancelled. All because people want to find any reason they can to be offended. *explodes*
[/quote]

[b]I'm sorry to hear that. I think you would have won for sure. :annoyed:

Was the sketch that you posted above what you were working on? I agree with Anomaly, I love the outfit. <3

And I found out that claiming the internet to be part of the USA can take internet arguments to new places.
(For example, "You can't post that here! This is America!")[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='17 August 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1282079657' post='699550']
[b]I'm sorry to hear that. I think you would have won for sure. :annoyed:

Was the sketch that you posted above what you were working on? I agree with Anomaly, I love the outfit. <3[/b]
[/quote]
I doubt I'd have won, but at least it was good practice.

You're not addressing me, correct? The sketch is eleanor's. Not mine. I can't do anything THAT good, silly Lilt. :biggrin:

[quote name='Lilt' date='17 August 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1282079657' post='699550'][b]
And I found out that claiming the internet to be part of the USA can take internet arguments to new places.
(For example, "You can't post that here! This is America!")[/b]
[/quote]
Oh Lilt, are you trolling peoplz?
i smile at the thought.

[quote name='eleanor' date='16 August 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1282013287' post='699515']
I sketched today for the first time in a looong while. I wish I could get really, really into drawing again and actually master colors, but I guess I don't have the drive anymore, which is funny because in middle school drawing cartoons consumed my life and I probably did 2-4 hours every day. For some reason I just stopped early in HS and never got into it like that again :'(

[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/ick7zs.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
wow, that's pretty good <33
i lke it a lot ^^
i just did a drawing and colored it with watercolor XDD

[quote name='chibi-master' date='17 August 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1282080659' post='699551']
I doubt I'd have won, but at least it was good practice.

You're not addressing me, correct? The sketch is eleanor's. Not mine. I can't do anything THAT good, silly Lilt. :biggrin:
[/quote]

[b]I don't know, I believe in you. :biggrin: What were you going to enter?

And yeah, that was to Eleanor. Sorry, multiquote failed me. :annoyed: [/b]

[quote name='CaNz' date='17 August 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1282081408' post='699552']
Oh Lilt, are you trolling peoplz?
i smile at the thought.
[/quote]

[b]No, not trolling. Just got bored and wanted to make things interesting. :suave: [/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='17 August 2010 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1282098796' post='699562']
[b]No, not trolling. Just got bored and wanted to make things interesting. :suave: [/b]
[/quote]
too bad... i think you would be a lovely troll... who would ever expect the adorable Lilt? everyone would be your prey!

Man, I need to get myself a car. I hate having to depend on others for a lift, especially when that ride is unreliable. I don't mind people being 5-15 minutes late, but 20-45 minutes late is ranging from "pushing it - pissing me off". School closes between 10:45 - 11:00 (depending on how many folks are left in the building), and I get out at 10:20.

[quote name='CaNz' date='17 August 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1282099749' post='699564']
too bad... i think you would be a lovely troll... who would ever expect the adorable Lilt? everyone would be your prey!
[/quote]
Hush now, brother. You'll not drag her into the darkness.

[quote name='Beretta' date='18 August 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1282104517' post='699567']
Man, I need to get myself a car. I hate having to depend on others for a lift, especially when that ride is unreliable. I don't mind people being 5-15 minutes late, but 20-45 minutes late is ranging from "pushing it - pissing me off". School closes between 10:45 - 11:00 (depending on how many folks are left in the building), and I get out at 10:20.
[/quote]
I feel the same pain, Beretta... I can not wait until I get a driver's license and a car...

[quote name='chibi-master' date='17 August 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1282105458' post='699568']
Hush now, brother. You'll not drag her into the darkness.

I feel the same pain, Beretta... [b]I can not wait until I get a driver's license and a car.[/b]..
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]This. This so so much.
Too bad that the Alberta government is making it ridiculously hard for me to switch my learners over to their province and let me do the road test. I was hoping to have my regular class 5 license by the end of next week =/ now I might not get to take the test at all til I come back again at Christmas. I don't think it's fair that I get punished because their system in another province is down. I wouldn't even care so much if it weren't for the fact they say I have to wait 10 days after switching to do the road test. Uh, hello, I don't go to school here, I don't exactly have 10 days whenever your stupid computers start working. AAAAAGH.

TL;DR
just give me my goddamn license, kthx.[/font]

[quote name='Beretta' date='17 August 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1282104517' post='699567']
[/quote]

I'm usually the one giving people rides but I have been in you place before. I finally just gave up and just did the 45min walk to school because I couldn't take it. Some days she didn't even show up.

There is only one time I didn't not want to drive someone, but ended up doing it anyway. Of course, I was the one that had told him go to the doctors the night before, when he called at 1:00am. That was one phone conversation I wish I never had. It was also the one doctors trip I wish I never went too. I'm glad he thinks of me as one of his best friends but I didn't not need to know about his male issues. *shutters* Edited by Cat

[quote name='Cat' date='18 August 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1282107022' post='699571']
I'm usually the one giving people rides but I have been in you place before. I finally just gave up and just did the 45min walk to school because I couldn't take it. Some days she didn't even show up.

There is only one time I didn't not want to drive someone, but ended up doing it anyway. Of course, I was the one that had told him go to the doctors the night before, when he called at 1:00am. That was one phone conversation I wish I never had. It was also the one doctors trip I wish I never went too. I'm glad he thinks of me as one of his best friends but I didn't not need to know about his male issues. *shutters*
[/quote]
I wish I could walk, but my school is 30 minutes away. (Driving distance. City to city) And when it comes to friends giving me rides, I have no issues what-so-friggin-ever. That's when I actually accept the ride in the first place. I normally turn down the offers because I'm usually thinking my brother will be on time. 3 days in a row he's been 20-45 minutes late (several days being 10 minutes late), although I let Monday slide because he had to pick up his father-in-law from the airport.

i used to walk 45 minutes to school then 35 on the way back (downhill) every day... but that was a while ago and a 30 minute car ride is a pain.
but speaking as a person who gave people rides you really should try and get a car soon. half hour drives are kinda an inconvenience... even if it was a good friend of mine, and they paid me for the gas, it would still be a two hour round trip deal to pick you up and drop you off.

[quote name='CaNz' date='18 August 2010 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1282131602' post='699578']
i used to walk 45 minutes to school then 35 on the way back (downhill) every day... but that was a while ago and a 30 minute car ride is a pain.
but speaking as a person who gave people rides you really should try and get a car soon. half hour drives are kinda an inconvenience... even if it was a good friend of mine, and they paid me for the gas, it would still be a two hour round trip deal to pick you up and drop you off.
[/quote]
And that's exactly why I usually turn down offers. I don't want my classmates going out of their way. Getting to class has never been much of an issue either (since we all live in the same house and there's only one vehicle)... It's always when I get out.

[quote name='Starscream' date='18 August 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1282136998' post='699583']
Walking in on two of your cockatiels being 'naughty' is not a way to start one's day...
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]Yeah that's quite the image.....Get ready for baby cockatiels! :D[/font]

[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='18 August 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1282147450' post='699585']
[font="Garamond"]Get ready for baby cockatiels! :D[/font]
[/quote]

:D <3

Problem is I don't have a nestbox for them. Cockatiel boxes are hard to come by here. D: I can get an owl, puma, or gator, but I can't get a 'tiel nestbox. xD

Oh and:

[youtube]W0TupEAwgTo[/youtube]

Stinyyyy. She's so cute. Edited by Starscream

[quote name='chibi-master' date='19 August 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1282237679' post='699610']
The weather won't make up its mind...

School's coming at me like a train with a sign that says, "SURPRISE, STUPID!", tied to the front.
[/quote]
oh dear D:
same here ^^;

end of summer party?!! *breaks out the fake beer*

uh, i got air the movie and haven't finished watching the OVA's of the series yet
and where are the PSSA results and our schedules D:?! school starts in less than two weeks XD