OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='CaNz']who would you rather talk to for two hours, a twilight fangirl or a box of pop-tarts. (you pick the flavor... i know someones gonna bring up that no one likes cookie dough or something)[/QUOTE]

[img]http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0003800032856_LG.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]JRock bands, Korean pop bands...the list goes on.

There's also a disturbing minority that finds only Asians attractive and all others ugly. It's like, reverse-racism. Or something.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

You were using it in jest, so this has nothing to do with you, but I can't stand the term "reverse racism". There is no such thing -- racism is racism, period. It's truly embarrassing when people seriously use that term, as if whites are the sole source of racism in the world, and blacks and Hispanics and Asians, and whoever else, hating whites is somehow different than your everyday, run of the mill racism. Ugh.

On the topic of [b]Twilight[/b] and Japan, isn't there a decent contingency of [b]Twilight[/b] fans there? I'm not sure if it is quite at [b]Harry Potter[/b] levels of popular, but it's actually doing fairly well for itself, which is both depressing and not at all shocking, really.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I honest to goodness didn't even know the term was real and used seriously by people until you mentioned it just now, although I guess it makes sense in retrospect. Yay, I learned something new!

On an unrelated note, [I]Ed Wood[/I] is an awesome movie.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I honest to goodness didn't even know the term was real and used seriously by people until you mentioned it just now, although I guess it makes sense in retrospect. Yay, I learned something new![/quote][/SIZE][/FONT]

Consider yourself lucky.

[quote]On an unrelated note, [I]Ed Wood[/I] is an awesome movie.[/QUOTE]

Yes, indeed! I love it more every time I see it. Such a great, joyous movie, even if Ed Wood's life is [i]really[/i] depressing after the point at which the movie ends.

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]I have just consumed large quantities of sugar. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.[/size][/QUOTE]

HA HA HA :D
awesome~

we just made a lot of pasta today...I came home with a large bag after failed attempts to give it to people (XDD, it was good! but now we have enough for dinner again XDD)

[quote name='Shinmaru']On the topic of [b]Twilight[/b] and Japan, isn't there a decent contingency of [b]Twilight[/b] fans there? I'm not sure if it is quite at [b]Harry Potter[/b] levels of popular, but it's actually doing fairly well for itself, which is both depressing and not at all shocking, really.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know about the level of Twilight's popularity in Japan. I never met a Japanese person who was all "OMG TOWAIRAITO!" I did, however, constantly see ads for the movie whenever my internet service redirected me to Leo Net's main page. So, maybe that's a hint at it? I dunno.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You do realize that the only reason you don't get this level of his wrath is because you're self-admittedly near the bottom of his minion totem pole.

Just sayin'.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

.....Why the heck would I want to be anywhere near his wrath, you fool?! :o 'Tis better to work quietly at the bottom, knowing that you are the base for the grand organization that is Gavin's Empire!:catgirl:

Aaanyway, no snow day. Just really cold. Then my bus broke down as it got to the school at the end of the day, so everyone was standing out in the snow instead of going home. I asked, at some point, "Ma'am, why can we not at least sit in the bus to keep warm until the substitute bus comes? It's right over freaking there, not 3 yards away!" The answer was this: "...Just stand there." This caused a massive riot of frozen teenagers with the powers granted by hormones, and a few with those granted by steroids. Scary stuff.:animedepr

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Seeing that Stephanie made that post back in August, that's one hell of a long sugar rush. Also, I have a very hard time imagining her as someone you should be afraid of. She just seems too well... [I]nice[/I] for someone to be afraid of. lol[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I get some rather incredible sugar rushes. =]

And thank you, Rach, that made my day. <3[/size]

[quote name='Shinmaru']You were using it in jest, so this has nothing to do with you, but I can't stand the term "reverse racism". There is no such thing -- racism is racism, period. It's truly embarrassing when people seriously use that term, as if whites are the sole source of racism in the world, and blacks and Hispanics and Asians, and whoever else, hating whites is somehow different than your everyday, run of the mill racism. Ugh.[/quote]

Weird. I had this exact same thought earlier today before ever reading it here.

[quote name='chibi-master'].....Why the heck would I want to be anywhere near his wrath, you fool?! :o 'Tis better to work quietly at the bottom, knowing that you are the base for the grand organization that is Gavin's Empire!:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You lack ambition. It may be better for you in the long run, but it sure makes life a lot less fun.[/FONT]

refering to Shinmaru and pax et agape...
racisim in general was used originally to describe white peoples hatred for others based off of skin color.

us crackers stared the term because we did it so darn much. revers raicism is in general a jest... its basicly people saying, "hold up, your rasist but not white? the worlds goning backwards!"

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Seeing that Stephanie made that post back in August, that's one hell of a long sugar rush. Also, I have a very hard time imagining her as someone you should be afraid of. She just seems too well... [I]nice[/I] for someone to be afraid of. lol[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh you have no idea.

[quote name='mangamaniack21']we just made a lot of pasta today...I came home with a large bag after failed attempts to give it to people (XDD, it was good! but now we have enough for dinner again XDD)[/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]Wait, did you make pasta from scratch and try to give that away, or did you boil up some water and try to get people to take home soggy noodles?

Because the first is kind of cool, but the second seems more likely (and I can't blame people for turning it down).[/font]

[quote name='Gavin'][CENTER][SIZE=1][IMG]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/political-pictures-walmart-greeters.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[SIZE=1]
God damn it, why did nobody wave for the camera ? [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hey, those nightsticks are heavy. I could have, but that would have required me to conform to a much less efficient manner of beating your will into your lackeys.

Come to think of it, that may be the reason Fernando's dead.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Come to think of it, that may be the reason Fernando's dead.[/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Watch your tongue construction material. You have yet to prove yourself a capable successor as my tea-boy, so do try to improve in the next six days.
[/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri]Gav, store layout five continues to bother me. Keeping the bread by the bakery is nice and all, but an entire wall devoted to white bread is absured, and kind of annoying. I want to see a couple of decent redesigns in three days. Get someone on that, neh?[/FONT]