Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I used to be known as CL or Kitty around here almost 10 years ago. I thought of this forum today (with fondness, obviously) and decided I'd check it out and see where it is. Wow, it's different. I'm glad to see it still exists though. Anyone else here from back then? Let's hear from ya!

I was so young when I was a regular part of this forum and I just want to say that you guys were seriously an awesome part of my life, and I enjoyed having the friends I did, when I did. I hope OB still has that community feel today.

Keep up the good work James. This place basically raised me.
Posted
[quote name='KittyLynn']Keep up the good work James. This place basically raised me.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This very concept frightens and disturbs me.

Welcome back, in any case. It's always nice to have any kind of traffic, be it brand new or returning members such as yourself.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This very concept frightens and disturbs me.

Welcome back, in any case. It's always nice to have any kind of traffic, be it brand new or returning members such as yourself.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Haha, don't worry. I turned out to be a very normal person with normal social skills. It's actually sorta funny because looking at me now, you'd never think "That girl was part of an online anime community and was into Digimon, RPGs, etc." I did use a little exaggeration there, but it is true that I made a lot of friends here, and while we no longer keep touch, it was an awesome community that was a big part of who I was and I think a lot of the "alumni" would agree.

I don't know if I'm "back" for sure. But I definitely thought I'd poke around and say hello to some old friends if they were still kicking. However, looking at some of their profiles, a lot of their last login's were last year. So I might be out of luck.

I guess that's what I get for being nostalgic.
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This very concept frightens and disturbs me.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]While I do agree with this, you definately don't want to be answering to Ace. He's not exactly the most sanest person out of us newer folk.

Joking aside, I think you're the 4th oldie that's returned within this month. Wonder if that's foreshadowing for the rest of this year? As Ace stated, it's always good to get people here. New or old alike.[/size][/color]
Posted
[FONT="Georgia"]Calumon-Lover, right?

Yo.

[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60987]Check out this thread for some recent "hello"s and nostalgia.[/url][/FONT]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]Good to see that some of the original members are still around!

I'm sure I see a lot of older members around now, but I probably don't recognise many of them due to name changes. It'd be really great if our profiles could show a list of all the names we'd ever had, but that might be asking a bit too much! :catgirl:[/font]
Posted
Cera!? Wow! (And yes, I was Calumon_Lover, back then.. embarrassingly. Couldn't I have chosen a better name?)

Thanks for the recent thread. It's bringing back memories I didn't even know I had.
Posted
[font=YIPPY YAY]Oh gosh, it's been a while. I'm pretty sure I made you a pink (or purple) wallpaper once and then the other Kitty thought it was for her!.. Yeah.[/font]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]*arrives after the sound of feet coming down a staircase*

Ah yes, I've been here since practically the beginning of time. Pretty much only Charles remembers when my name was Setsuna instead of Raiha. But what the hey, here I am![/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Times New Roman]*arrives after the sound of feet coming down a staircase*[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
*Peers downstairs to see what's going on*

I'd swear I remember that username but with my memory I can never be sure. Welcome back anyway KittyLynn always good to have oldies pop in to say hello. [/SIZE]
Posted
KittyLynn... you didn't happen to be an old member of RoninWarriors.com did you? Or anyone on here for that matter..? Why do I feel like all of these names are so familiar to me!

Either way, welcome back! I'm new here too. ^_^
Posted
[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Good to see that some of the original members are still around!

I'm sure I see a lot of older members around now, but I probably don't recognise many of them due to name changes. It'd be really great if our profiles could show a list of all the names we'd ever had, but that might be asking a bit too much! :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE] [size=1] Urm...doesn't it show up in your profile? 'cuz it says I use to be peanut and mameha in mine. I've changed my name a number of times...thinking of doing another one but then who would know I'm the great and famous pumpkin? that in itself would be a tragic mistake!!

Also welcome back Kitty. I actually don't remember you I'm from the 04 area...i believe? [/size]
Posted
[size=1]Calumon_Lover? I used to be Shyguy, heh. Funny how nobody ever seems to disappear for too long.

Welcome back.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Pumpkin'][size=1] Urm...doesn't it show up in your profile? '[/size][/QUOTE]
[font=KNOW ALL]I had my name change in about 2003 or something and it doesn't show my old name either. It's a time thing.[/font]
Posted
[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"][I]A wild Cruizr appears![/I]
All these younglings running around makes it hard for me to keep up. I'm such an old man.. just like James. :3[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Yay for old member thread! Now I don't have to break the rules and make my own. ^_^

I remember Calumon_Lover! I think I was in a Digimon RP with you in 2003... back when I was... *cough* [SIZE="1"]Winged-Kid[/SIZE] *cough*. Buahaha, it's nice to be back.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[size=1][font=arial]I remember you! I joined in 2001 too, I was Cloud Strife00. I don't think I ever went to the Digimon forums until a while after 2001, but I'm pretty sure I saw you around anyway, I definitely remember your username.[/font][/size]
Posted
Hmm...the name kittylynn does seem kind of familiar. Pretty sure I've seen it before. I'm not sure what year I was most active, but probably in the 2002-2003 area.
Posted
[quote name='Roxie Faye'][color=#9933ff]DIGIMON FORUMS!!!! I remember you. ^^ I was MistressRoxie back then. =P Good times, good times.[/color][/QUOTE]

I knew you looked familiar. ;)
Posted
I think the stars must've aligned to create a prime environment for a lot of decade-ish members to come back and prod the old beast. Maybe HBomb or Altron Gundam will turn up next.

-Justin
Posted
geez 2001 was a long time ago... its good to see a forum that can make it that long let alone members that are still around from that time...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...