Horendithas Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]I figured it out. lol I was changing it back [i]before[/i] I logged in. I left it alone and simply logged in this time and poof, it changed right to basic. So I'm good.[/font][/color]
Korey Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 (edited) [color="#000080"][size="1"][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Right now I'm using the Wet Paint and hopefully waiting for a new Geisha theme to come out! [/font][/size][/color] Edited June 2, 2010 by Korey
SarahPatricia Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 I like wet paint better. Basic is too harsh [quote name='Shy' date='02 June 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1275449605' post='694210'] [size="1"]I'm using Wet Paint, but both of the skins have too much white space for me. I'm sure as time goes on the new skins will make better use of this space, though. -Shy[/size] [/quote] agreed. Something darker would be good.
Japan Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 I am finding myself switching back and forth. The orange is rather bright but it is sometimes better than just the gray/white/red of basic.
Shinichi Kudou Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 (edited) While I almost like Basic the most, just because it has more black, I'm using Wet Paint. It definitely has a friendly, more lively feel to it, which is nice. Although, like others have said.. having a dark theme to pick from would also be cool. -loves dark themes- Edited June 2, 2010 by Shinichi Kudou
SunfallE Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 [color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well I'm not a fan of orange so I'm using basic. I'd like the other better if it was say blue or indigo. lol[/font][/color]
Axel Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 I'm using Wet Paint, because I find XL Basic too, er... Well, basic. I'm not into themes that scream of 'I'm the default theme you get with your forum software.' [quote name='SunfallE' date='03 June 2010 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1275526606' post='694330'] [color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well I'm not a fan of orange so I'm using basic. I'd like the other better if it was say blue or indigo. lol[/font][/color] [/quote] This x1000. Blue would be very nice.
Desbreko Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [color=#4B0082]Except that XL Basic isn't a default skin. [url=http://community.invisionpower.com/]This is the default IPB skin.[/url] [/color]
James Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [font="Palatino Linotype"]Haha, yes, XL Basic is quite a bit different than the default skin. It also cost more. I'm glad we didn't keep the default skin around. That would indicate a total lack of effort in my opinion. [/font]
Axel Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Desbreko' date='04 June 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1275657288' post='694538'] [color=#4B0082]Except that XL Basic isn't a default skin. [url=http://community.invisionpower.com/]This is the default IPB skin.[/url] [/color] [/quote] See, I knew this was going to be the reply I got, which is why I chose my words carefully in the first place to clearly state I was saying it 'LOOKED' like a default skin and that I was not saying it WAS a default skin. I guess it wasn't careful enough to avoid predicability. Edited June 4, 2010 by Axel Alloy
James Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [font="Palatino Linotype"]I don't think it looks anything like a default skin, which I'm glad for. Although the main reason it was chosen initially was because there were a few people who had always been asking for a much simpler skin on the previous version of OB. So I hope it's satisfying that need in some way. I think building the custom stuff next will be quite a bit tougher, in any case. [/font]
Axel Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [quote name='James' date='04 June 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1275660753' post='694543'] [font="Palatino Linotype"]I think building the custom stuff next will be quite a bit tougher, in any case. [/font] [/quote] Now, that I'm looking forward to seeing.
James Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [font="Palatino Linotype"]And I can't wait until we're ready to begin implementing it. I think we can really push this software a lot further - the skins we have now are great (and I think a lot nicer than the default) - but they're kind of a stepping stone to the "final" OtakuBoards XL. I know I've mentioned this before, but we were very constrained by time with this upgrade. That we pulled it off relatively smoothly is kind of cool, I have to say, haha. It was only possible with a good team though (and I'm lucky to have one of those). Since this is the skins/layout thread, I might as well also mention that I've been working on a little project with a friend of mine and it's now almost complete: an entirely new, OB-exclusive set of custom emoticons. That's something I've wanted to have for years and it's very, very close now. [/font]
Axel Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [quote name='James' date='04 June 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1275661744' post='694545'] [font="Palatino Linotype"]And I can't wait until we're ready to begin implementing it. I think we can really push this software a lot further - the skins we have now are great (and I think a lot nicer than the default) - but they're kind of a stepping stone to the "final" OtakuBoards XL. I know I've mentioned this before, but we were very constrained by time with this upgrade. That we pulled it off relatively smoothly is kind of cool, I have to say, haha. It was only possible with a good team though (and I'm lucky to have one of those).[/font][/quote] I have to admit, I'm very impressed with the upgrade as a whole. I know someone who has spent the last 2 years upgrading his forum. *Tsk* [quote name='James' date='04 June 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1275661744' post='694545'] [font="Palatino Linotype"]Since this is the skins/layout thread, I might as well also mention that I've been working on a little project with a friend of mine and it's now almost complete: an entirely new, OB-exclusive set of custom emoticons. That's something I've wanted to have for years and it's very, very close now. [/font] [/quote] Now that will be a nice touch! It's things like that that give places their own identity. (I've been working on creating my own over on mine and it makes all the difference.) I'll look forward to future updates then. It's nice to see a bit of enthusiasm going on. Heh. Contagious stuff...
Allamorph Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [FONT=Calibri]I miss the Indigo themes so much. It made staring at screens easier to do for long periods of time. Basic just looks sterile to me.[/FONT]
Horendithas Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]And I miss the OB blue. Indigo was nice but slightly too dark for me. Either way I'm sure it will be fun to see the new colors once they have time to get around to it. Oh and James. Don't forget to have a catgirl emote in there somewhere. lol[/font][/color]
James Posted June 5, 2010 Posted June 5, 2010 [font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm sure we will end up with all of these options (I'm hoping to do a "re-make" of Indigo and Blue), but of course, it'll take time. I appreciate everyone's patience. And yeah, Indi, I [i]do [/i]need a cat girl emoticon on there...maybe I'll have to get that one specially made. [/font]
Lady Asphyxia Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 (edited) [size="2"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"]Gotta say, I'm groovin' to the new layouts. Wet Paint actually reminds me of one of the [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20030607005801/http://www.otakuboards.com/"]older versions[/url] of OB, it's the same sort of colours. Very cool, guys. Very cool.[/size][/font][/size] Edited June 10, 2010 by Lady Asphyxia
Boo Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 [quote name='Lady Asphyxia' date='10 June 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1276164568' post='695009'] [size="2"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"]Gotta say, I'm groovin' to the new layouts. Wet Paint actually reminds me of one of the [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20030607005801/http://www.otakuboards.com/"]older versions[/url] of OB, it's the same sort of colours. Very cool, guys. Very cool.[/size][/font][/size] [/quote]Sprite Central ;_;
Lady Asphyxia Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 [quote name='Lady Shy' date='10 June 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1276169752' post='695018'] Sprite Central ;_; [/quote] Zelda forum. ;-;
Botar Posted June 18, 2010 Posted June 18, 2010 [color="#008000"]I just got back on OB a few days ago and things have dramatically changed! what happened to the Blue stuff?[/color]
Chaos Posted June 20, 2010 Posted June 20, 2010 Lolz. I miss the old formats. =/ Then again, I am opposed to all kinds of change that require me to deviate from the normal course. NOT THAT ANYONE CARES. >_>
Sabrina Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 [font="Tahoma"]I hope we get more options soon. ^^ I don't really care for either one. For now I'm using basic since I don't really care for the orange of wet paint.[/font]
James Posted July 17, 2010 Posted July 17, 2010 [font="Palatino Linotype"]I've been doing a little CSS-fiddling today and you may notice some minor changes. The width of the site has been tightened up just a little bit. It'll still stretch with your browser window, but I've slightly reduced the padding so that the edges of the site don't sit so close to the browser window now. I think it makes the site look just a little tidier. I have also changed the colouring on XL Basic from red to blue. Since XL Basic is...well, basic...a simple change to the font colour can make quite a big difference to how the page looks. I actually think the blue looks a little bit more relaxing and pleasant on such a simple skin design. I hope you guys like these changes, even though they are very minor.[/font]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now