Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm never here anymore but suddenly wanted to come for a visit and started reading this thread. I know it's silly since everyone moved on like me, but the idea of losing all the connections I had on here just sort of makes me want to cry. You guys were my childhood. And it was a good one. 

 

If anyone does have facebook and wants to add me, send me a message. I'd love you add you guys. :)  

Posted

I think that's what keeps many of us coming back, at least to check in occasionally, and I'm thankful for it :)

And on that note, it's great to see you again! Expect a PM shortly!

Posted

I'm not sure what inspired me to check back here, but now I'm all nostalgic. It would be so cool if all the regulars from when I was a mod poked their heads in for a little bit and we could all just feel nostalgic together.

Posted

It is a nice feeling to have, Clurr. I've been poking around lately for a week or more now. It seems all I have time or energy for lately is posting on forums lately. I've been too busy for computer games lately...well correction, I've been enjoying things that don't require a constant click of the mouse lately. It feels great. Writing and drawing FTW!

Posted (edited)

I'm not even sure I can list all of the good memories I have from here. kuja, anyone? ;)

...Seems like such a long time ago.

Probably the biggest two things I remember are the awesome RPGs and the once-vibrant gaming community we had here. I remember that E3 used to generate so much discussion and debate...it just felt like a really warm gaming community without all the craziness on other forums.

 

Yes. Big time. Ah kuja... You say it seems like such a long time ago, but it actually was, it was like 7, 8 years ago that stuff. Jeh (Jamas Hazaa, is how it started if I remember rightly), Weh, etc. etc. The huge AIM chats everyone used to have. All that stuff.

 

The RPGs were amazing though. Two that really stick out was a Zelda one, but I can't remember the pretence, and a Megaman one that went on for ages and ages - both really enjoyable.

 

Those were kind of the 'glory' days, for me. I was younger, I used to come on OB like every night after school until late into the night (early in the morning) posting and, mainly actually, talking on AIM. I was a lot different back then, but a lot stays the same doesn't it? I mean, I'm back here aren't I? Haha.

 

Mainly, I remember the community. Yep. Amazing people. Hello everyone.

 

EDIT: Lady Asphyxia - I remember you! "losing all the connections I had on here just sort of makes me want to cry. You guys were my childhood. And it was a good one. " And I can totally get on board with that. Totally.

Edited by Break
Posted

I googled my user name and this thread came up. It's been years since I've even thought about this place, in fact I had almost forgotten about OB! It's a few months shy of ten years since I was banned from this place and there's still many familiar faces here. Where does the time go?

Posted

I googled my user name and this thread came up. It's been years since I've even thought about this place, in fact I had almost forgotten about OB! It's a few months shy of ten years since I was banned from this place and there's still many familiar faces here. Where does the time go?

 

HELLO!

 

 

Yeah it's crazy isn't it? I think my original summation of 7, 8 years is definitely off. More like 10+. Wow. Wow, wow, and triple wow.

 

Loved every minute. I even tiptoed onto OB on Christmas day of all times, as I'm sure many others did. What a jolly good old time we all had. It seems like a dream now. A dream.

Posted

I found this thread: http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/22955-otaku-awards-2003-nominations/page-3

My name popped up a few times as 'favorite banned member' of 2003 so that's how I narrowed down when I left. I remember this community used to be thriving, but I guess that changes in ~10 years with everybody growing up and moving on. I wonder how many other people still pop in from time to time? Reading through that and other older topics I recognize an astounding amount of names.

 

I remember spending a significant part of my youth just hanging out with people on AIM. I wonder where they're all at now...

Posted (edited)

Time slips on, but we all had great times here. I even have several of my old friends on here mucking around on my Facebook. 

 

Chins up, yeah? :)

Edited by DeathKnight
  • 1 month later...
Posted

I miss the old days when I could remember everyone by name and then everyone started changing them...so I couldn't XD I can't say much though, I did change my name from Keiji to Kayin many years ago.

  • 6 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...