OtakuBoards

I remember back OB when.....

Pumpkin

I'm never here anymore but suddenly wanted to come for a visit and started reading this thread. I know it's silly since everyone moved on like me, but the idea of losing all the connections I had on here just sort of makes me want to cry. You guys were my childhood. And it was a good one. 

If anyone does have facebook and wants to add me, send me a message. I'd love you add you guys. :)  

It is a nice feeling to have, Clurr. I've been poking around lately for a week or more now. It seems all I have time or energy for lately is posting on forums lately. I've been too busy for computer games lately...well correction, I've been enjoying things that don't require a constant click of the mouse lately. It feels great. Writing and drawing FTW!

I'm not even sure I can list all of the good memories I have from here. kuja, anyone? ;)

...Seems like such a long time ago.

Probably the biggest two things I remember are the awesome RPGs and the once-vibrant gaming community we had here. I remember that E3 used to generate so much discussion and debate...it just felt like a really warm gaming community without all the craziness on other forums.

Yes. Big time. Ah kuja... You say it seems like such a long time ago, but it actually was, it was like 7, 8 years ago that stuff. Jeh (Jamas Hazaa, is how it started if I remember rightly), Weh, etc. etc. The huge AIM chats everyone used to have. All that stuff.

The RPGs were amazing though. Two that really stick out was a Zelda one, but I can't remember the pretence, and a Megaman one that went on for ages and ages - both really enjoyable.

Those were kind of the 'glory' days, for me. I was younger, I used to come on OB like every night after school until late into the night (early in the morning) posting and, mainly actually, talking on AIM. I was a lot different back then, but a lot stays the same doesn't it? I mean, I'm back here aren't I? Haha.

Mainly, I remember the community. Yep. Amazing people. Hello everyone.

EDIT: Lady Asphyxia - I remember you! "losing all the connections I had on here just sort of makes me want to cry. You guys were my childhood. And it was a good one. " And I can totally get on board with that. Totally.

Edited by Break

I googled my user name and this thread came up. It's been years since I've even thought about this place, in fact I had almost forgotten about OB! It's a few months shy of ten years since I was banned from this place and there's still many familiar faces here. Where does the time go?

I googled my user name and this thread came up. It's been years since I've even thought about this place, in fact I had almost forgotten about OB! It's a few months shy of ten years since I was banned from this place and there's still many familiar faces here. Where does the time go?

HELLO!

Yeah it's crazy isn't it? I think my original summation of 7, 8 years is definitely off. More like 10+. Wow. Wow, wow, and triple wow.

Loved every minute. I even tiptoed onto OB on Christmas day of all times, as I'm sure many others did. What a jolly good old time we all had. It seems like a dream now. A dream.

I found this thread: http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/22955-otaku-awards-2003-nominations/page-3

My name popped up a few times as 'favorite banned member' of 2003 so that's how I narrowed down when I left. I remember this community used to be thriving, but I guess that changes in ~10 years with everybody growing up and moving on. I wonder how many other people still pop in from time to time? Reading through that and other older topics I recognize an astounding amount of names.

I remember spending a significant part of my youth just hanging out with people on AIM. I wonder where they're all at now...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The oldest posts I could find on the site from "General Discussion" start here:
http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/forum/2-general-discussion/page-18?prune_day=100&sort_by=A-Z&sort_key=start_date&topicfilter=all

Talk about memory lane. That's 2001! I was posting back then... goodness me oh my

Edited by Desert Shadow