-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1] [b][center][color=red][size=4]THE NEW ZUTONS ALBUM "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING"[/size][/color][/center][/b] And enjoying it very much mind you. :)[/size]
-
[quote name='Retribution'][font=Arial]And honestly, if someone stops caring about their schoolwork because they wanted to try weed, that’s their problem. Just as it’s the student’s own problem if they become an alcoholic and neglect schoolwork, the state should not have to look out for all our poor decisions and personal mistakes. Advocate responsibility and moderation, not bans and censorship for “the greater good.”[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Yes, advocate responsibility, but don't let it be their own problem. It's also the job of the state to have as many people as possible functional in society. Someone who gets in trouble with drinking or drugs only ends up costing money and being useless for a big deal. So stating that "that's their problem" is not correct in anyway, but a ridiculous one.[/size]
-
What would you say is the common issue we have in the U.S.?
Boo replied to Lunar's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]Them crazy christians that definatelly need to evolve and grow a mind.[/size] -
[size=1]Strangely I'm sure that I've seen this feature before, though I think it was an older version of vB, like 4 years ago... Hm... Don't worry, my memory might fail. Must be all the hallucinating smell in the Netherlands.[/size]
-
[size=1]Oh this is the point where I jump in and say something like: "What are you talking about? Marijuana is already legal." and a few OtakuBoarders make a "Dutchman..." remark and I'll be able to live on happily until a next marijuana or prostitution thread. But really, pot stinks like hell. I should know, it's one of the most common odors here. Heck, in Amsterdam you smell it with every step you take. High (or stoned) people have been less of a burden to me than drunk people though. I lose a lot of sympathy for people who drink to get drunk. Influence of any kind might improve your personal experience, but it ruins the group experience. Don't do drugs, kids. It's only cool while it's illegal.[/size]
-
[size=1]I'm one of those people that considers it as one of the best games ever and I haven't even finished it. The thing with Final Fantasy VII however, is that it is just [i]that cool[/i]. Playing it feels cool. Partly because it was indeed one of the first RPGs I played, and I didn't even own it when I played it. Plus, it was like this 3D system thing that I had never played before on such a cool level. And Cloud was so cool when I was 10, where as Squall only was cool like twice in the whole game. The best Final Fantasy is in my opinion number VI, though. The story was cool and the battles were cooler than Final Fantasy IV, which also was one of the cooler Final Fantasy games, but it was bloody annoying with the many encounters that kicked my butt hole if I didn't heal a lot, which is something I hate doing, but it being incredibly necessary, I had no choice. So, Final Fantasy VI > all other Final Fantasies. Chrono Trigger is one of the better RPGs of all time, though. Secret of Mana also belongs in that list. Oh, and some Lufia and Breath of Fire could be added... Hm. Anyway, they're probably all not RPG enough for Matt, but they are, sorry to tell you, labeled RPGs, so yeah. And with Planescape Torment being a game that couldn't keep me interested for very long - a big reason would be the odd graphics, I can very much imagine why Final Fantasy VII is a bigger hype. ... The game stopped working on my computer however. My windows edition keeps getting stuck in the Gondola with Aeris (yes I spell her name with an 's')/Tifa. :( I've downloaded this crack that can help you get passed the point, but it's all Japanese and all, so it isn't easy to use. [/size][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]One thing I'm curious about is to wonder why you care if people like the rpg? Or why it would matter if they did do a re-make? If someone enjoys a game, whether or not you think the story is lacking is irrelevant. It's the person playing it who matters. If they enjoy it, good for them. For the record, I don't think it's the greatest game ever, but I did enjoy playing it, flaws and all. And I for one would find a re-make interesting and would probably play it, just for old times sake.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]People do that. I tend to fuss about things that aren't directly my business either. It's bits of human interest, combined with common curiosity, combined with lack of understanding and probably more. Or it's something else. All in all, don't react to it too much as if he should not be bothered with it so much, because sometimes it's nice to bother yourself with things that actually aren't so important. Besides, I think the guy has an incredible issue with Final Fantasy VII and it's hype. [b]edit:[/b] Missed the VII. :P[/size]
-
[size=1][indent]Hi, [b]haku877[/b], If you want to request a banner or avatar, please make your own separate thread for it. It's not allowed on OtakuBoards to use/hi-jack other people's threads to request art for yourself. If you have anymore questions, you can always PM me or any other moderator. - Boo[/size][/indent]
-
[size=1]Norway just lost even more cool points.[/size]
-
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][COLOR="DarkRed"]Vicky[/COLOR] and [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gavin[/COLOR] (and others?) are in Britain, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Andrew[/COLOR] is in Wales, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Sandy[/COLOR]'s Finnish, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Boo[/COLOR] is Norwegian(?), a third of the moderators are in Utah?at least, it feels like a third..... And [COLOR="DarkRed"]James[/COLOR] is an Aussie. Which is totally cool.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]*month late* I feel sort of offended being called a whale killer where as I'm a Dutchman. :([/size]
-
[quote name='boothten'][size=1]Boo, I was hoping we could start a SOTW, we could start with voting what the theme would be? I'd love to know what your ideas for a SOTW are so far. ;D![/size][/QUOTE] [size=1]Sorry, I've been a bit busy but I'll get back to this asap. For the next 24 hours I'm hardly at a computer with any opportunity to work on the SOTW idea. Will be working (ironically infront of a computer, but I can't do anything except my work with it) from six in the morning until three in the afternoon and then from six to nine I'll be practicing with my band, so yeah. *yawn* So far I've been tinkering with the idea of handicaps like in earlier handicap things. Size restrictions and themes, but maybe also colour, font, layer and such restrictions. Maybe that goes a bit far though. Anyway, if anybody has theme ideas, just shout. I will make a little list here to start with: Money Love (Relationship) - Love (Friendship / Brothers / Sisters / Family) War Freedom Culture / Specific culture Stereotypes Future Power Nature / Specific animal Music / Specific genre[/size]
-
[quote name='tatsuhiro_8819']I guess no one wants to take on this request :([/QUOTE] [size=1]However, you're still not allowed to double post, so I'm just going to merge the first two posts together. Please don't do it again. :) On an other note. I can't say that I've any advice to give you on how you have a bigger chance of getting your request fulfilled, because you did make a pretty good opening post.[/size]
-
[size=1]They all stink like vomit. I (can) eat more than anyone I've met anyway and also rather get tasty sugars from eating fruit. :3[/size]
-
[quote name='liamc2'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]Rincewind the wizard and His Grace Sir Samuel Vimes from Terry Pratchett's [i]Discworld[/i] series[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]I wanted to name Rincewind. :( But hereby: [b]Twoflower[/b] and [b]Luggage[/b], to add to the cool Discworld people list. And ehm... Ehm... [b]Ford Prefect[/b] from Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.[/size]
-
[quote name='chibi-master']Wow...your advice is sorta scary/suck-ish.:animedepr[/QUOTE] [size=1]What, it's not not the right thing to do? I think I just made a big mistake then. :([/size]
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Neptune'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]This seems fun. Why not? Not enough man juice around these picture threads anyways it seems. [/I][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]... I don't dare to click the pictures after that man juice remark.[/size] -
[size=1][color=red][b]Update:[/b] The [b]claim[/b] system has been upgraded to the [b]claim +1[/b] system. This means that you can claim a spot in the worm as soon as it's the turn of the poster before you.[/color] I've edited the first post of the thread with a some more elaborate explanation and I've added a next person to the list to give the idea a go. So, Hybrid Ninja has been put on the list after boothten.[/size]
-
[size=1]I edited the first post of the Worm to add the [b]claim +1[/b] rules. And jigglyness, don't feel bad. I for one am just glad that you and some others keep the thing alive with great pieces.[/size]
-
[size=1]You [i]are[/i] involved, silly. Anyway, I was thinking of turning it into [b]claim +1[/b], like what would be the case now. That you can claim as soon as someone starts working on the piece instead of as soon as it's done. Comments welcome. :p[/size]
-
[size=1]With all the excitement and all I suddenly remembered the OtakuBoards Graphic Tournament that was held in 2005. It was meant as an event that would be held more occasionally than once, but so far it hasn't been done since that one time. So, I had better start planning that again. Maybe after a little bit of crowd pulling, this could prove useful to get some more interested minds to the Art Studio. Hm, I've been trying to find the team battles we had done before, which might've been fun to repeat as well. It would combine the aspects of an actual contest and having graphic teams, except that the teams would keep changing of size and the members would be mixed up. No luck so far, though. The little banner thing might be best to be found an alternative for, though. Maybe something with the member title would be nifty. Maybe a little medal of some sort. :)[/size]
-
[size=1]Some of the ideas sound great. The [i]Signature of the Week[/i] especially. I think to have 3 contests a week going on is a bit much, but we could at least start with setting up one weekly or bi-weekly [i]Signature of the Week[/i] contest. The member award sounds like a monthly thing, though I wouldn't mind have a huge annual Art Awards (Wow, Aw[b]arts[/b]. Ahem, sorry) with favourite contests, artists, works and stuff either. The [i]Current Art Contest[/i] thing sounds pretty neat, I must say. 8Bit's right when a separate forum would not be necessary, but this would fill that spot very nicely. Though if we have a standard weekly contest going on it might be more effective to name the current week's theme to work with or something. And a good notification for the whole Boards that voting rounds are on. Great thing is that everyone should be able to vote. Not sure about the poll though, because I'd still like to see a bit quality constructive criticism in the posts. Explaining why you chose this one signature over the others should be plenty, I suppose. The team things might need some more activity to be able to work first. To have limits of 30 people per team might be a bit too enthusiastic. Oh, and nobody's stopping anyone from starting a Rate My Signature thread. Please go right ahead with such ideas! As long as it has some pointers for the participants to work with so that it's still living up to the expectations of the Art Studio at least a bit. :whoops: It warms me to smell Artsy activity. Like Lan, I have neat memories of very active periods and I would like to try to at least regain the activity, and rather even surpass the fun we had at those times. :3[/size]
-
[size=1]Apart from getting people to come here, I guess it's just by starting it and hoping it'll be a bit active. Activity draws activity most of the time. I still feel a bit bad over having put the "Graphics Resources" thing in the fridge, but that also lacked attention so far. This could help the Art Studio get some more people interested/participating perhaps. Earlier ideas: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57925]Image Challenge 2007[/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58391]Graphics Resources Idea[/url][/size]
-
[size=1]A reminder for everyone: [color=red]Please post your pieces for the OB Graphic Worm as .jpeg files.[/color] This because of the differences in colour between file formats. We've had trouble with this before. Plus, it saves Debbie some work. He won't have to change the format before he uploads it an all. [quote name='Debbie][color=#4B0192']Please remember to always preview your piece next to the previous one, to make sure it matches up correctly, before posting it.[/color][/quote][/size]
-
[quote name='garmeil']I have a plan of making an rp, and just so when I make it I'll be prepared. If I make a Yu-Gi-Oh! Rp would anyone join it. If not can people give me some sugestions. Just say it and it would probably be made if not the first one made.[/QUOTE] [size=1]My guess is if you would make a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP [i]with an actual storyline[/i], some people might consider joining it. I don't know what your plan is, but the plan for most is to have a storyline that people can work with. There have been plenty of Yu-Gi-Oh! RPs, but if you do your job well, you might actually book success. Or not. But well, that's life on the webz: You never know. And ehm yeah, Raiha here is right. This isn't the place for these questions. Next time try the Backstage area of the Theater. :whoops:[/size]
-
[size=1]Because, apart from me, there are no perfect human beings. And I'm a taken man, so... tough luck. Anyway. Why would you want to make up with her anyway? She made out with someone else right in your face. Forgive and forget of course, but maybe not the next moment while they've had no time to actually learn from the situation themselves. Blub.[/size]
-
[size=1]I think what Sandy also meant was that we just have any clue about who does what then. It's not so much for the new members as it is for ourselves. :P I wanted to ask about a list too. Maybe we can make one in the secret forum. *secretive* >:3[/size]