Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [color=sienna][size=1]The soundeffects of DOOM I and II. They make you feel awesome. When you pick up a weapon, you really feel "yeah, I've picked up an awesome new weapon, and I'm 'bout to own the evil spawn of hell". Though, especially the BFG9000 has a marvelous sound. The sound of power with no boundaries, except for the amount of ammo you have. The sound of demons exploding and everything really adds to that. ... Oh, and level 32 or 33 of Doom II has Commander Keen sound effects in it.[/size][/color]
  2. [color=sienna][size=1]Well, Inuyasha Fandom, you're not far off, but actually written art belongs in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87][b]OB Anthology[/b][/url]. So, I'll move this thread for you to that forum, but now you know where to place your poetry and things from now on. :whoops: If you have any questions about what on Earth just happened to your thread, feel free to PM me.[/size][/color]
  3. [size=1]Had it going clockwise the whole time, until I figured out how to turn it around (the head and foot are easiest)... Now I can't get it to go clockwise again! *clicks* Oh, it just went clockwise again. ... My brain doesn't like this. [b]Edit:[/b] It's back to counter-clockwise. MAKE UP MY MIND.[/size]
  4. [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I enjoyed reading "Dreaming". I liked how you had the line breaks fall in the middle of a thought, and how you tied everything back to the opening line/stanza/two words. I was caught a little off guard by [I]"I dream everything on a pile"[/I], though. Not too sure where you went with that. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]Oh yes, sorry about the pile thing. It's dutch translated rather directly. I guess I'll take it out, as well as add an 's' to border[b]s[/b]. :P But thankyous very much![/size]
  5. [quote name='GuyYouMetOnline']That's good to hear. Of course, there's a limit to how much of the story I'll reveal up front. I like to keep people guessing.[/QUOTE] [size=1]Of course, if you don't reveal enough, nobody cares if you like to keep them guessing, they just won't join. :P Like James, I definitely will check it out if the story is any good. It's been a long time since I've participated in any roleplaying stories.[/size]
  6. [quote name='Aceburner']You know what I love about this place? This thread, where we were earlier discussing the benefits and flaws of inside jokes, has BECOME an inside joke. Yep, that's how we roll...[/QUOTE][color=sienna][size=1]Not really. It's just a joke that started and evolved within this thread. Hihi. ^^[/size][/color]
  7. [size=1]Okay, just some random thoughts that I typed down so I finally had an entry for my livejournal, but I actually like how it came out. It's loaded with references to happy personal experiences. Enjoy. :) [indent][b]Dreaming[/b] I dream I dream everything I dream everything together I dream everything apart I dream everything I dream about borders I dream about wings I dream about balloons I dream about chocolate, pancakes, stroopwafels and speculaas far too early in the year I dream about movies, grapes, strawberryflavour and loads of candy that never hurts your teeth I dream about fireworks, music and dragonboats without the ugly vikings on them I dream about aircastles like everyone else does but mine are prettier I dream about fairytales of which I don't care that they are fake because fairytales are real I dream about green elephants whose trunks are entangled and spout water over each other because they like it - like they should I dream about stars, comets, moons, planets and milkyways I have never seen but have walked so many times because it's our terrain I dream about clocks that spin too fast but spin slowly for me because I love the world and the world loves me I dream about eyes green as that French river - like my mother describes them - that look into the most beautiful eyes in the whole world Am I dreaming? Then let me wake up naturally and then I'll see where I woke up[/indent] That was it. First time I actually used weird spacing in a poem, mind you. [/size]
  8. [size=1]You can detach your myOtaku site via your [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/usercp.php?][b]myOB [user cp][/b][/url]. Under the menu heading 'Miscellaneous' you should go to the [b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/myotakuconnect.php?]MyOtaku Connect[/b][/url] item and from there you can detach your account. It's a pretty new feature, which many of us are very happy about. :whoops:[/size]
  9. [size=1]No one after my generation seems to know why Boris Yeltsin is. [i]Boris Yeltsin![/i] That added up to just have become 18, makes me feel real, real old. Oh, and my IQ says I'm a bunch of years older than I am anyway, so perhaps I'm still running behind with feeling old.[/size]
  10. [color=sienna][size=1]When I pop up an explorer, the first thing I do is open OtakuBoards. Not because I can't live without OtakuBoards, but mainly because it's become a habit. When OtakuBoards is down, I'm not bothered and I just go on and check my email before continuing with other things, but... 'o' and 't' are probably the most used keys on my keyboard. Just because, as a habit, I check this site every 10 minutes when I'm on FireFox or IE. For the rest I don't have much things that I check often. My e-mail and certain news sites to stay up-to-date. I don't like Facebook and don't ever check it, don't use my LiveJournal, only check mySpace every 3 days for a minute or so (mainly to listen to music) and am not active on any other forums. ... Wow! Yay, I have a life! Never realized it. :)[/size][/color]
  11. [size=1]Yeah, I didn't feel like ending the list yet, to be honest. But now that we've got a number 35!.. Here we go: [b]#34: [[url=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1125/gw34001mk8.png][b]Boom baby, baby went boom[/b][/url]][/b] ... There's a deep meaning to that image, I tell you. Maybe I should stick to my regular graphics style from now on. My Graphic Worm entries are mostly kind of awkward...[/size]
  12. [quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=green]It's not what you have. It's what you do with it - at least when it comes to humor.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Not only when it comes to humour, really. But seriously, are we still intending that OtakuBoards'd be dying because of the poor humour? I thought that was one of the bad jokes.[/size]
  13. [color=sienna][size=1]Perhaps you could be a little more specific about what you are requesting. Do you want people to use those pictures for your banner and avatar, do you want any text on them? Your post is sort of unclear. If you elaborate a bit, it's easier for people to help you. :)[/size][/color]
  14. [quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Threads like these are the cancer that is killing OB.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]I'm not disagreeing. :x But I'll use the change to say: [b]What happened to our pretty anime characters in the sitebanner[/b]? It was thé attraction that attracted all the members! :o I want my random manga/anime portraits![/size]
  15. [size=1]I'm not entiiiirely sure what's going on, because the sprite is sort of hard to see, but I imagine it holding up a shield. :P Anyway, I really like it. v2 is quite an improvement on v1. There's just that bit more going on that v1 lacked. The blue looks very fancy and the fire is well done too. Oh and I'm digging the reflections that give the picture this extra dimension. Nice job. [/size]
  16. [quote name='James'][color=#606060]It's the only real design flourish on the page so I'd take full advantage of it.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]Good point. Using the horse a bit better would be great. I also agree on the text. Being a big fan of Tahoma 10 myself, I'd choose that, but a lot of people might think it a bit hard to read, so 11 points should work, I think. You can also give them the option themselves to choose between "medium, big, bigger" caps, somewhere in a corner, if necessary. I'm not sure how bad the eyes of some of the visitors are, so I don't know how big an issue this is. Though the fact remains: the font has to go. And the centering of the font too. I'd go with smaller divs/tables anyway, because e.g. the About Us part has quite a lot of information and now it's just too frightening to read. It's not organized at all. You need clearer indication (Titles, bolding and perhaps even seperate subpages) and a smaller surface. Divs/tables of 800 in width would do fine (with some padding around the text, too), leaving enough room for a picture and the load of text you plan on putting in it. I wouldn't seperate them, though, unless you have a sidebar menu which would keep the site together. There are some links on the main page that are really unclear and messy (this is not Wikipedia, you can't just throw links everywhere you please :whoops: ). You might want to make them look a bit more neat and make it clearer that those are links. In most fonts, just [u][b]bolding and underlining[/b][/u] them should do the trick (you know you wanted to click that phrase). You could also turn them a different colour, but I'm not a huge fan of that myself. Maybe if you hover over them, like OtakuBoards has. And please keep the same header on each page... Euh, [url=http://www.boris.vain.nl/][color=blue][u][b]here[/b][/u][/color][/url]'s a site I had to quickly make for my last study a year ago. It's dull, but it's clear, I think and it has some basic principles that a neat site should have. :P[/size]
  17. [size=1]Hungry kid is surely no match for [center][b]Brussel Sprouts![/b] [IMG]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1377/checkitom1128267pl9.jpg[/IMG][/center] Feast on that, kiddo.[/size]
  18. [quote name='Jeremiah'][b]Dragon Ball Z:[/b] It should have stopped at Cell. He was designed to be the number one villain, having a design that incorporated all Goku's previous nemesis' into the one 'perfect' creation. Gohan's defeat of Cell should have ended the series... The ultimate villain defeated, and Goku passing the torch on to his son... but no. [/QUOTE][size=1]Yeah, I'd suddenly lost my complete interest for DBZ after Cell, though the final battle could've been more epic if it would've been the final battle. :P I'd try to think of a part where [b]The OC[/b] went downhill, but it had never really been uphill.[/size]
  19. [quote name='AzureWolf']EDIT: Interesting... See? Is that Gavin inside joke funny? No, because the timing and delivery sucked. This is only marginally worse than the inside jokes at OB - at least the ones I've seen.[/QUOTE][size=1]Yeah the delivery and timing were very horrid. Everyone knows it's "[size=1]Interesing, most interesting.[/size]" in small caps at the beginning of your posts. Psh. Anyway. I must say that there's a bit of truth in what's said. For example, the "Rat Boy"/21st Century Digital Boy - or whatever he wants to be called now - jokes are really overdone now, while I still have no idea where the fun in them is, even though I've been here longer than the majority of the people who make the jokes. :whoops: But meep. As Charles stated it, OtakuBoards pretty much always dies. Can't do anything about it. Soon it'll turn to ashes and become the grass. The antilopes eat the grass and OtakuBoards eats the antilope. It's the circle of life. Can't do anything about it at all.[/size]
  20. [size=1]To keep it simple:.. [center][b]PNWED[/b] [IMG]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7684/hc02002cc6.png[/IMG][/center] Thought it was effective enough what with all the blood on the wall and all. Adding the scope took slight effort. ---New Handicaps!---[color=red][list][*][b]Image Handicap - [/b]Use this elephant somewhere in your piece: [url=http://www.kidnet.de/images/00607/elefant.jpg]Elefant[/url]. [*][b]Colour handicap - [/b] Happy colours[*][b]Quote handicap - [/b]"Es Ist Was Es Ist", sagt die Liebe (translation: "It Is What It Is", says Love). You can pick any translation you want. There's Dutch, Russian, Italian, Spanish and French versions too, I'm sure.[/list][/color] Enjoy![/size]
  21. [size=1]Songs I like to dance to. Whee! [list=1][*]Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out [*]Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor [*]Wir Sind Helden - Aurelie [*]Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger [*]Jamiroquai - Love Foolosophy [*]The Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So [*]Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down [*]Wir Sind Helden - Guten Tag [*]Blur - Song 2 [*]Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better [*]Jamiroquai - Deeper Underground [*]Wolfmother - Woman [*]Wir Sind Helden - Gekommen Um Zu Bleiben [*]Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity [*]Daft Punk - Technologic [/list]Yeah, those are quite dancable. They all have pretty good rhytms to them, though the dance style may vary. :whoops: Next up: a list of favourite love songs.
  22. [size=1]Time to give a new set of handicaps by completing the last one. Whee. I'm not too happy about this picture, but well, it'll do for now, I suppose. Near the end I decided that I put enough layers on it, so I didn't quite clean up the end piece. :x [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/HC-004.png[/IMG] ---Next Handicap--- [color=red][list][*][b]Text handicap -[/b] Insert the line: "My mind is like a vulcano" [*][b]Font handicap -[/b] You can only use fonts that have names starting with a B, C, L or a T. [*][b]Colour handicap - [/b] You can't use pinks. [/list][/color] Have fun! [/size]
  23. [size=1]I'd say skip them and start claiming dibs on the next spot with a 72 hour limit, or something.[/size]
  24. [quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi']Also, in Titanic, who played Jack Dawson, and who played the younger Rose? I like those two as well.[/QUOTE] [size=1]Leonardo di Caprio and Kate Winslett.[/size]
  25. [size=1]Let's just reuse the pictures from last time and edit the comments a bit. :][/size] [quote=Me, and I'm cool :)][size=1][center][b]Catherine Zeta-Jones[/b] [img]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4310/catherinezetajonesck9.png[/img][/center] Come on. A woman who can wield a sword without leaving everyone around her dropping limbs and gushing blood. This woman has style. Besides being !@#$!&ing gorgeous. [center][b]Emmy Rossum[/b] [img]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7314/emmyrossumlr8.jpg[/img][/center] To be honest, I have never seen her in a movie yet, though I am still planning to go see Phantom of the Opera sometime soon. Wait… I did see her once. I saw The Day After Tomorrow and had no idea she was in it. I saw her being interviewed in a making the movie thing about Poseidon once upon a time ago, and thought she looked pretty. :3[/size][/quote][size=1] Now there's two men who should be in every post. It doesn't matter what you are, male or female, these two can't miss out from your list: [/size][quote=Still me ^^] [center][size=1][b]Johnny Depp[/b] [IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2668/johnnydeppsmallbz2.png[/IMG][/center] No explanation needed. [/size][/quote][size=1]Oh and to quote Lunox:[/size] [quote=Lunox][font=tahoma][center][img]http://xs319.xs.to/xs319/07380/ewan-mcgregor.jpg[/img] [b]Ewan McGregor[/b] - I'm sorry, but if you're a girl and you need to know why Ewan McGregor is amazing 1) you're weird :p and 2) go watch [i]Moulin Rouge[/i].[/center][/font][/quote][size=1]True facts. So, let's see if I can think of more people to add... ... ... I might think of some later, but right now these will do. :)[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...