OtakuBoards

Xbox 360

Guest cloricus

I have to admit after playing the thing awhile back my interest shot down close to zero. I don't know what I was expecting, but there's already a sense of "generation fatigue" for me and the generation has barely started. The whole sense of "same stuff, better looking" just isn't grabbing me at all. I am interested in some future releases such as RPGs, further news on the new Shadowrun title and the appearance of any talk of a Forza or Rallisport Challenge game.

I was looking at the back at some games and I was sad to see that a few of them only support 720p. I can run 480p and 1080i, but not 720p (I got my HDTV before that really was becoming a standard feature)... It basically means I can't run stuff like Perfect Dark Zero or PGR3 in HD at all, apparently.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well according to an article I read on IGN.com, Microsoft are losing 150 bucks or so for each X-box 360 sold because of the insane production prices on the consoles. When I am saying losing, They're not turning a profit like Microsoft would have wanted.

Pretty much every new console or major device goes through that process in order to get the things out there. Over time, as production prices decrease, they generally make a profit on the item. It's a rather common practice. $150 is quite a bit for a console, though.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trigun0x2
I have a Xbox 360, and I'm making a Call Of Duty 2 Xbox Live clan. Anyone have that game, and want to join? Or I also have a Halo 2 clan for those with only Xbox. Check it out at [URL=http://www.armyconquer.net]www.armyconquer.net[/URL].

Here's what I would get:
1. Call of Duty 2
2. Condemned: Criminal Origins
3. Perfect Dark Zero
4. Dead or Alive 4
5. Need for Speed: MW

I'd say Call of Duty is really the only game on this list that I would stress that you go to several stores if you can't find a copy. It's amazing.

[quote name='Morpheus']I'd say Call of Duty is really the only game on this list that I would stress that you go to several stores if you can't find a copy. It's amazing.[/quote]I've heard that Call of Duty 2 is awfully short and the multiplayer is terrible (which even the developers seem to admit). Are these issues for you? Judging by the impressions I've read, it may be better to just go ahead witht he PC version if you have a rig capable of running it.

[QUOTE=Morpheus]Here's what I would get:
1. Call of Duty 2
2. Condemned: Criminal Origins
3. Perfect Dark Zero
4. Dead or Alive 4
5. Need for Speed: MW

I'd say Call of Duty is really the only game on this list that I would stress that you go to several stores if you can't find a copy. It's amazing.[/QUOTE]

Is Condemned out yet? I saw a preview in Game Informer awhile back and it looked really good. I didn't think it was out yet, though.

Condemned was a launch title.

On COD:2, though the campain is short, the AI is amazing. Amazing enough to play through it multiple times and still have fun. On 360 it really has everything over the PC version(having played both) except multiplayer, but Perfect Dark is the game for FPS multiplayer on 360 (in the same way a PC gamer should get CS or UT:04). I'd consider the single player very similar to multiplayer in the sense that the AI has so little scripting. Open levels feel like you are playing with 50 real people. If and when I get a 360 I'll get COD2 for it, but for now it runs fine in mid to low res on my PC.

I finaly got my 360 and its beter than I expected. the visuals and games are great.
DOA4 a great fighting game. :animenose
PDZ I like best for multi player because you can add "bots" and not just wait for your freinds to come over and play. :p
Madden 06 was a disapointment though. :animecry:
COD2 is another great game awsome shooter and of course visuals. :animesmil
I am enjoying everybit thus far I can only hope the same for the others who own one. :D

[QUOTE=hentai#1]I finaly got my 360 and its beter than I expected. the visuals and games are great.
DOA4 a great fighting game. :animenose
PDZ I like best for multi player because you can add "bots" and not just wait for your freinds to come over and play. :p
Madden 06 was a disapointment though. :animecry:
COD2 is another great game awsome shooter and of course visuals. :animesmil
I am enjoying everybit thus far I can only hope the same for the others who own one. :D[/QUOTE]

Wow I coudn't agree with you more. I mean I did like Madden 06 but no challenge? What is that? Also ya perfect dark has a great multiplayer with the bots and all but I think call of duty 2 is more intense, because theres only eight of you so your sneaking around looking for someone and next thing you know your sniped or you are being shot from behind. Also you take to long to die on PDZ but I love how COD2 and PDZ both have any weapon one hit headshots.

• 1 year later...
hey people with 360's can you help me understand why I can't even get the new Halo 2 maps at all? Shouldn't they be on 360 dashboard n be paid with microsoft points? Oh, if u can spare 1600 microsoft points so I can change my gt I will be really happy. (oh the cards cost $19.99 a peice n is their a 4,000 microsoft point cards n how much do they cost?)

[color=red][size=1]Welcome Dragoonreaper. I've merged your thread with the original Xbox 360 thread. Next time, I advise you to use the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56766]Hardwired Thread Directory[/URL]. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or another staff member. ~Phenom~[/color][/size]

[quote name='Charles']I've heard that Call of Duty 2 is awfully short and the multiplayer is terrible (which even the developers seem to admit). Are these issues for you? Judging by the impressions I've read, it may be better to just go ahead witht he PC version if you have a rig capable of running it.[/quote]

[font=arial]I actually thought CoD 2 was a relatively long game...I suppose it just depends how much you play and on what difficulty level. In any case I don't think it's awfully short - it has a decent amount of levels and challenges to keep you going for a while.

It's definitely a must-own game for the 360 though. I actually just bought Call of Duty 3 recently and I'm loving that one too.[/font]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Perfect Dark Zero isn't all that great in its graphics and still has major glitches in online multiplayer mode (Especially in the desert and tower). But aside from that, it's still a kick *** online game...perfect for headshots (Gotta love those headshot kills...I mostly aim for those...) and a good laugh at those melee attacks when all else fails. The downlaodable maps (Like 007 one) are fun and others are just confusing (Temple and ruins). I prefer not to play with bots, they just run around and shoot you if they see you...no ambition what so ever (Duh...that's why they are bots.). Aside from that Rainbow Six is a good online multiplayer mode and yeah it also has its glitches, but still fun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='dragoonreaper']hey people with 360's can you help me understand why I can't even get the new Halo 2 maps at all? Shouldn't they be on 360 dashboard n be paid with microsoft points? Oh, if u can spare 1600 microsoft points so I can change my gt I will be really happy. (oh the cards cost $19.99 a peice n is their a 4,000 microsoft point cards n how much do they cost?)[/quote]
The new maps aren't found in the marketplace and you don't use points to buy them. Since they're for Xbox and Xbox 360 owners, you get them the same way you get other Halo 2 content - by going into Halo 2 and choosing content download. You need to use a credit card or something that works like a credit card (like a Visa gift card) to buy them.

• 1 year later...
Alright 360 owners. Have a few questions since I may consider getting one in Phoenix. (Either a Xbox 360 or a lap top...)

What's the difference between 20GB and a 60GB? And then I'm seeing one version that says Arcade bundle and another one that says Elite System console. Wasn't there another version?

I'm not interest in Xbox Live so which one would be the one for me? (me being cheap and whatnot...)

Supposedly there’s a price cut coming soon on the week of September 7th. The Arcade model will be $199, 60GB model will be $299, and Elite model will be $399. So yeah, you may want to hold on until then and save yourself some money. Unless you already knew that, then carry on.

[B]Source[/B]: [URL]http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/20/sources-xbox-360-price-cut-week-of-sept-7-60gb-299-elite-3/[/URL]

I'm not to sure about the backwards compatibility thing though.

[quote name='Phenom']The 20GB is backwards compatible right? Not that there's too many games I want to try out again, but there are a few.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1] well, there is one game that is immediately BC with the 360, Halo II.

as for everything else, you'll need to login to Live to check if they have emulators for the specific game you want to play

to see a complete list of backwards compatable titles click [URL="http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=bc&platform=1029&mode=top&page_type=games&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc&official=all&tag=subnav;xbox_compat"][B][U] Here.[/B][/U][/URL][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
By the way the 20gig is actually discontinued at this time, but every so often you can find one that's left over from when they were made amoth or so ago.

Theres also a microsoft-refurb which has a 20gig harddrive and i'm not too sure if they have them around where you live but we got them at the gamestop that i work at.

Other than that if you really wanted to play some original xbox games then you'd have to but a 60gig, and if you didnt want to be on xbl then you could have to get the update from xbox.com and update your system to make it backwards compatible

• 1 month later...
Your going to want the 60 gig if its the elite pack it should come with the external harddrive which for me is a plus, I got the pro pack which came with it. If you get the arcade version youll have to buy an external hardrive which is 170 bucks. I've heard the elite system is better so I say buy the Elite system.