OtakuBoards

What are you 'addicted' to?

ChibiHorsewoman

Cigarettes. (Yes. Stupid. I know.)

Iced sweet tea. There are at least two gallons of tea in my refrigerator at all times. I believe that my employers are both cheap and inconsiderate, because our vending machine does not contain Lipton Brisk or Nestea. Sometimes, while I am at work, I will suddenly thirst for tea and then experience something similiar to a nicotine withdrawl. I will then be forced to drive to the nearest gas station to purchase tea. It is absolutely ridiculous.

The internet. I bought a new computer about a month ago, and since then I have spent a ridiculous amount of time, each day, surfing the net. I like to blame my current addiction on my previous lack of internet access. This wouldn't be such a problem if I hadn't had to drive to the office every time I wanted to get on the internet, for the past three years.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='sinna']I'm addicted to reading for one. I go through withdrawl if I don't have something to read every day .: .[/quote]
Wow, finally someone besides me who is addicted to reading! I'm the same way, even to the point that I'll read books or magazines that aren't my favirote type to read. I've had this addiction ever since I was in 4th grade and saw a book with an interesting picture on the cover. I saw it and just had to know what the picture meant even though I could barely read it at the time. (it was a clean book, just much harder than my current reading ability) I've lost count of the hours I've spent at the library looking for new books to read. I know you can download books and have a digital reader, but I just love having the actual book.

My next addiction would be video games. I've been hooked on those since I was 7. However, unlike reading I can go a while without playing a game and I don't go into withdrawl over it.

My other addiction would be anime. I love watching new anime shows. Unforchantly, I can't possibly afford all the series I would love to get.

As for other addictions, well, truthfully I don't have any of the illegal or adult addictions. Smoking has killed many of my family member due to cancer and I've lost a family member to a drunk driver, and a family member got shot during a gang related drive by shooting. So I've pretty much stayed away from anything like that.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I'm probably addicted to...

1) Buying countless volumes of manga. I swear, I have book[i]case[/i] full, and I've read them all at least three times. Luckily for me, I'm still in high school and recieve an allowance, so I can afford a new manga every two weeks. As long as there's any new ones out on the shelves. So between every manga I buy (there's a distinct two month period between each volumes release), I save up 40 dollars, and can endulge myself. I've, as of late, however stuck to only a few. (I got scolded for spending too much of my money. Oh well.) These few include: Fruits Basket, Tsubasa: The Resevoir Chronicles, Sgt. Frog, Trigun, and FLCL.

2) Constantly altering my sleeping habits. Some weeks I'll sleep an average of 11 hours a day. Other weeks, I'll sleep an average of 5 hours a day. I just can't help it! It's usually when I've overdone my soda intake, and end up being hyper long past the hours of the day. I've annoyed my dad countless times by accidentally falling out of bed and banging my head against my lamp. It's not my fault that the lamp hangs from the wall right next to my bed. *shrug*

3) Internet/Computer. I cannot tell you how many hours a day I'm on this thing. Doing nothing in particular, I might add. Just.. sitting here clicking, waiting for something interesting to catch my eye. Sometimes I'll be more productive: do homework, read the news (yes, I read the newspaper online xP), make banners for request threads, etc. But most of the time, I sitting there. Not that it matters. I've usually already gotten my exercise by shoveling the driveway . *curses the snow*

4) Typing long lists that needn't be that long. :D[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[b]Women. 'Nuff said.[/b]

But since I do have to say more to make this post count, I'll say I'm obsessed with womenses. Obviously you can tell by my constant sexy tea parties sweeping Otaku[b]Boards[/b] filled with hott black mage womenses. It's not a bad addiction, but it can't always be healthy. Sometimes women can cloud someone's judgement... bad stuff.

Women will surely be my downfall.

I have a couple addictions:

1.Playing go. I don't know why it's just a fun thing to do.

2.This may seem stupid but I'm addicted to Studying astronmy. I love to learn about it and study it all the time. When there is a night of many stars I'm out there.

3.Naruto. I love that show and the Manga.

4.Poping my nucles. All my friend say "stop cracking your Nucles!!" but it's hard.

3.Smokeing...

Thats about it...

I am ADDICTED to gummies whether it be worms, octopuses, bears, !!!!!!!! CHOCOLATE COVERED GUMMY BEARS!!!!!!! .... yummmm. I have to also admit I EASILY get addicted to final fantasy games when they come out I find myself spending hours trying to get through it asap and see what happens. Sadly, this hasn't applied as of late with X-2 and 11 being err.... not quite my taste in games. The worst example of this addiction is probably the 1 sunday I spent 20 hours playing FFX when it first came out :animeswea . Even though I do get so into the games I usually manage to beat them (as far as the story goes) within 1-4 days so it doesnt put much a damper on my social life as it does seem to do (FFXI typically and now World of Warcraft) for some people I know... I just get soo into those damn stories =Þ

[size=1]1.) Saying stupid things to see how people will react. It's all fun.

2.) Saying more stupid things after I get yelled at for stupid things, just to be annoying of course.

3.) Yelling at people for saying equally stupid things..

4.) Soda. Gotta get my fix. ><

5.) Sex with angry biker men. Sorry, I lied. I meant the computer but it all pans out to be the same thing.

6.) Music. Generally Industrial, Industrial-Techno, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Heavy metal, and Darkwave. All sunshine and love. ^^

7.) Last but not least, sleeping. Speaking of which, I wish I were doing that right now instead of sitting here blowing off study hall time..[/size]

- Errr, manga. Since I live here in Russia I don't have a lot of printed manga. That is covered up by an (prepare to say *~sic!~*) over 100 Gb archive of mangascans, over half no more on the net due to US licensing and the like ^^. Yeah, I'm scanlating manga into russian as well. I used to have a huge collection of comics but I don't buy ém anymore simply because I was worked up (I work in the cinema ;p) and skipped ém for abot a month+, that after three years of non-skipping the series, so I somehow felt no use buying them.
- Errrrrrr, anime. Well, that's partially why I'm here on OB and yeah, I also happen to have quite the collection.
- (goes reads the thread) Yeah, sleeping is good ;p. Although I rather happen to not to sleep for 2-3 days and then sleep out for 20+ hours. He-he.
- (lists further thru th. thread) Cola. Also energizers. I'm drinking Cola even now (*sip*) ;p. Helps to hold through in my lifestyle. I mean continuous non-sleeping. OK, then there go also guarana drops & pills, selected chinese tea 9I just happen to have a great chinese tea store near my house), coffee.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzt.

Lately, I've found myself addicted to those new Butterfinger bars. You know, the "Crisps" with the waffers in them? I went through an entire bag of fun sized bars in an afternoon, then felt sick, then rationalized it as being worth the pain.

I need help.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Suppose I'd better get on to the summary listing on my addictions, although they seem quite tame compared to some of the rest.

[b]I] Milk and Toast:[/b] My staple meal at home, I simply cannot go a day without having at least one portion.

[b]II] Beginning posts with Interesting, most interesting:[/b] More out of habit than addiction, this has become my catchphrase on OB as "Indeed" became my catchphrase on AIM.

[b]III] Science Fiction Books:[/b] I do love a good bit of Science Fiction, in fact I've just begun reading [B]Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy[/B] and though it's part comedy, it's still very enjoyable.

[b]IV] Otakuboards:[/b] A pretty obvious one but I just can't seem to leave, even though I don't actually want to. There have been times where I've been gone for months and still come back and had a great time, it's a combination of a lot of things but OB is a diamond among Boards.[/SIZE]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]Hmm...addiction....well, I'm addicted to playing Devil May Cry 3. :P. Other than that.....

Well, as Kane said, I, too, share an addiction to Otakuboards. I'll reload the front page fives times in a minute just to look at the screen XD. I'm also addicted to talking, singing, and playing my guitar.

Food wise......chicken and fish. Good stuff, full of good stuff. Sweets....Butterfingers. I think I'm addicted to Coca-Cola too. So many things...[/color][/size]

Addictions...Let's see.

(In this order)
Rain...the embodiment of life, lol. If you don't dance in it, you'll never understand... :rolleyes:

Dr.Pepper...the best drink ever...'nuff said.

Anime, chiefly Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's rain, and Ghost in the shell.

Food...ummm.....I like meat. If I didn't respect the earth, I'd be a carnivore. :D

I'm addicted to footie, good music, and Go. I've been playing football all my life and I haven't stopped, and I don't intend on stopping. I love music, I'll listen to anything I can get my hands on. The Beatles, Coldplay, Radiohead etc. etc. And Go. Been playing it for a year now and pretty good. I love how you use both sides of the brain, and how educational it can be.

It's kind of sad to admit this but I am addicted to drinking fruit punch. I drink one of those little bottle things and I have to drink another one. It is kind of a chain reaction.

Food wise, I am addicted to chicken. Every where I go to eat i order something with chicken in it. Oh yea fries too, can't forget the fries.

[COLOR=Purple]lemon aid. When my mom buys it I drink and average of 2 liters a day. Its pretty bad. Especially when I place a bottle next to me and play video games while knocking down bottles. Video Games are also an addiction. I use all my money on games, and I am often quite greedy in how I get that money, without realising it. (I.E. Not realizing that when I bug my parents about money and they say they dont have it, they dont have it.) I guess money is also an addiction.[/COLOR]

I'm addicted to pictures. O__o I collect peoples icons, banners, layouts, and all that. At the same time I collect pictures (from magazines and stuff). Like right now....I have 2300 pictures of people on my computer, specificly I have 434 pictures of Gackt alone. As for other people's art work: 1280. I just love looking at all the really cool stuff people create.

I'm also addicted to shoes. I just love them. I have probably 40 or 50 pairs. I find it ironic that I wear the same pair (my converse) every day. Sill me. ^__^

XD im addicted to World of Warcraft...i just cant stop playing it. :animestun :animeswea

I've tried to stop playing it when i have free time but nothing except lots -o- anime will make me quit playing it. :animesigh maybe ill quit playing it in a year or two..

Hmmm..let's see...

1) Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry-- This stuff is like crack to me. I have to have some at all times or I start having fits.

2)Video Games-- Been playing them all of my life. I get a little too into them at times, which is something I am working on.

3)Internet-- If I didn't get online at least once during the day I would go insane. Sad, I know.

4)Anime-- What can I say? It's wonderful stuff.