OtakuBoards

What Does your sig, avi and username say about you.

shinji172

[COLOR=Indigo]Uhm..I think I'll do Solo Tremaine for the heck of it...

I think you place a lot of value in loyalty and trust. If you were a literary term I'd classify you as a romantic; I think ideals are very important to you, and you find yourself longing the chance to express these ideals as well as see others express them.

I'll also take the venture to say while in theory you are the same person online as you are offline, you true self is portrayed more online, or rather your true qualities. You probably find this place almost like a sanctuary, in the essance you can relate to others very well and you can express your opinions without having to fear direct conflict.

Man I'm probably way off, but hey rock on...[/COLOR]

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]To a degree, you can draw conclusions from people's usernames and avatars. But, I see all of these in-depth psychological analyses...and I think what a load of crap it is, lol. If I went and found somebody I'd never seen before...and tried to make a judegments of them based entirely off of their username or avatar, without reading any of their posts, then I'd be seriously off the mark. I could just about guarantee it.

You can tell elements about how they feel on subjects, if they're mature, whether they take any 'pride' in their online appearance....but you can't tell much else. I have a friend here, who for all of the 'outward' appearances is female. But he's actually a guy. Shows how useful usernames and avatars can be.[/size]

Well, I think the thread was geared more towards a person style, and what a banner/avatar says about that, rather then an indepth personal profile. Anything beyond that is basically an assumption. What someone thinks about someone else just from their appearence on a forum. Its fun to see if you can actually get the feel for a person who you've never actually met before.

I choose you Baron. Your signature contains no text, and I think its better that way. Its an almost abstract signature, why clutter it with random remarks? I think that this signature actually does refer to your personality a bit, and definitely to your style. Its different, your banner is the only one like it in Otaku, and that says something. Your original, and the certain sophistication to the banner definitely relates to your higher standards. All this, is just speculation. Take it as you will.

And by the way, I got a new sig pertaining to my RP at the square. Critique it if you'd like.

[QUOTE=Japan][COLOR=Navy][B]Desbreko[/B]

You are the lover of video games....Zelda being your absolute favorite. You love to collect rupees in the game, and you love the purple Link. You love anime like Ranma 1/2 and Love Hina. You also like to make websites and to help others when they are in need. You are a nice person and you are the kind of person that cares for your friends. You also seem to have a sense of humor as well.

:p [/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Heh, I suppose if you actually follow the links in my signature, they provide quite a bit of information about myself. ... Though you still just knew all of that from talking to me, you cheater. ;)

Though now I have to wonder what someone who doesn't know me would come up with. Especially with my latest banner/avatar, heh.

But enough about me; let's talk about [b]Shinmaru[/b] for a moment. Just at a glance, you can tell he's into stupid humor. And if you're brave enough to click that link in his signature, you'll see it goes farther -- he [i]lives[/i] stupid humor, as detailed in his blog. And although it may at first seem inexplicable that he managed to secure a moderator position, the first line of his signature gives a clue as to that. He obviously chases the girls, going so far as to use part of his signature to immortalize a fancy of his. No doubt he got in good with the rest of the staff during some "closed door meetings," if you know what I mean. ... And lastly, he seems to be too lame to make his own banners.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082]But enough about me; let's talk about [b]Shinmaru[/b] for a moment. Just at a glance, you can tell he's into stupid humor. And if you're brave enough to click that link in his signature, you'll see it goes farther -- he [i]lives[/i'] stupid humor, as detailed in his blog. And although it may at first seem inexplicable that he managed to secure a moderator position, the first line of his signature gives a clue as to that. He obviously chases the girls, going so far as to use part of his signature to immortalize a fancy of his. No doubt he got in good with the rest of the staff during some "closed door meetings," if you know what I mean. ... And lastly, he seems to be too lame to make his own banners.[/color][/quote]

How did I know that you'd be describing my signature? :p

But, yes, I'd say that all that is accurate, except that I never close the door during my meetings.

To stay on topic: [b]Baron's[/b] sig indicates that he thinks that it is nifty that Alan wears dresses. Could this possibly be another young romance blooming on our fair message board?? That same message also indicates that he has no clue how to use apostrophes.

His banner and avatar set demonstrate that he likes to fling paint at stuff and call it art. Lastly, his post suggests that he has no sense of humor. :p

You can tell from Shinmaru's banner that he is most obviously a female. He has an uber obsession with this fellow named OtakuSennen, for he has not removed the banner from his sig in ages. He uses Arcadia as a cover up for him actually being female. Why he does this is unknown. He also likes the Simpsons and enjoys a good kick to the shin by a man named Maru every now and again.

Silly Mr. Shinmaru.

[img]http://img131.exs.cx/img131/8930/dwwashere9rz.gif[/img]

Hmm... I guess I will try Sailor Venus. Please note that all comments are PURELY speculation on my part...

Your the type who believes In love-not the fake kind but the [I]Id die for you[/I] Kind. However, you dont believe in second chances as you have had your heart betrayed in the past. This hasnt stop your belief in love and you will look for it as long as it takes.

By the way the only thing I can say about Desbreko WITHOUT being called a cheater for reading her (at least I think your a girl :animeswea ) post is that your the type who would go out of the way for anyone, even those you dislike if they were in need. You also seem to be more of a cat person

[size=1][quote name='Shinmaru]Lastly, his post suggests that he has no sense of humor. :p[/quote][quote=shinji172']By the way the only thing I can say about Desbreko WITHOUT being called a cheater for reading her (at least I think your a girl :animeswea )[/quote]What do I need humour for when you get posts like that? I don't object to vague interpretations of people, but I see a lot of analyses here which could not stem from visual aspects alone. Appropriately, your description of me referred only to that, so good work ;)

Oh, and thanks x kakashi x.[/size]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Shinmaru: Your sig suggests a few things. A) You don't take yourself seriously and B) You're too lazy to make your own damn banners. Also shows that you and Arcadia are [i]close[/i], or, alternatively, that you are doing that crazy stalker thing. Also, it links to one of - if not the - best Super Mario themed blogs ever. That's major props, you know.

Your av shows an appreciation of the finer points of the Simpsons, specifically [b]Rex Banner[/b], who you have an unnatural (is there any other kind?) fascination with. Remember Shin, denial only makes it worse. It also shows that in this case you were too lazy to even ask Sen to make the av - it screams MSPaint!!!

Your username is Shinmaru, and not much can be said concerning that.
[COLOR=Black]'Hmm, insight into the mind of Michael via his SN! Let's see, Shinmaru, Shinmaru.... what the **** is a Shinmaru?'[/COLOR]
Possibly it could mean you did the fun 'string random syllables together' thing to figure it out. Maybe. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'll just go with the person [whom I barely know] who posted last.

[b]Aiyisha.[/b] You're obviously a Mac person, which is always accompanied by contempt for almost everybody else because you know you're so much cooler than they are.

The text in your signature demonstrates that you find double-entendres to be one hella time and also that you don't mind pink.

You also don't mind animals who are also people, which makes you pretty f'ing creepy.

[color=darkviolet]Whoa, I got Godel. Hmm...

Well, from your black Text I'd say that you like things done plain simple and up front.

And your signature about being a genious is pretty straight forward. I'd say you're easy to get along with as long as ou're not stabbed in the back and you like things to be done and over with?

I really hate analysis. And I shudder to see what someone will say about me. Just so you know, the girl in my avi is from Bloom Cosmetics.[/color]

looks like I get chibi :catgirl:

I think your sig and ava say a lot about you. I'm not sure if I'll get this alright but at least I can say that I tried. First, your avatar. I believe it shows your femininity (if thats spelled right). I can't say I know much about Bloom Cosmetics, but its safe to say its not for guys lol.

Most of the information I got, however, was from your signature. I'm assuming the picture is you, once again confirming that your a female. The quotes show that you have a sense of humor. Everyone has a serious side, and your's shows in a lot of posts you've made, but the quotes confirm that you have several other sides people have yet to see.

I also saw the clubs you belong to. The first being one consisting of people who love Lost Prophets. Well, theres a hint to the music you like lol. Maybe you like lots of band with similar styles of music Taking Back Sunday, The Ataris, etc. Maybe you like all kinds of rock, you just chose this band as one of your favorites. The club after that implies that you, well, love wrist cutters lol. This shows your compassion for others in pain. Maybe its just a turn on or something, but I've read a lot of your threads/posts and your a very compassionate person. Your smart, you have lots to say, and its expressed in your signature on Otaku.

This is pure speculation, by the way lol.

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]While I agree that alot of this is psychological mumbo-jumbo...I'm intriguied. Plus, I want someone to do mine, so, I'll take a stab at it. And for todays psychological analyzation, I've decided to try and dig into the mind of [B]Sui Generis[/B]. Sorry.

[B]SN:[/B] Well, not sure exactly what Sui Generis is supposed to mean. However, I choose to speculate that Sui references water and Generis could be a simple derivation of generic. Generic Water...hmm...I got nothing.

[B]Custom Title: [/B] This one's easy. A pariah is an outcast, and part of lowest caste in India. So, as a self-proclaimed pariah, you've pretty much chosen to alienate yourself from the mainstream. Or, it could mean that you have low self-worth.

[B]Avatar:[/B] You avi seems...melancholy. It sets you up as someone who thinks a lot, and often about slightly depressing things. You've got a strong mind, and use it to mill over a lot of things.

[B]Banner:[/B] Your banner continues to melancholy attitude, yet the words "From Beyond the falling tears" suggests that you've overcome some hardship in your past. You've probably dealt with a lot of pain, but you stand strong anyway.

[B]Sig:[/B] You believe that honesty is the best policy, and you probably try to avoid lies and deciet. Also, you are no doubt a writer, and take great pride in the craft. Go you.

Over all, you seem artistic and thoughtful, with a deep mind. You go against the tide, and take pride in this. Your melancholy aura belies a strong heart and strong mind.

...Well, I tried.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#FF3399]I kept wanting to jump into this thread, and now who's better to analyse than ULX? (Especially when I made his banner...)

[B]SN:[/B] You are unhealthily obsessed with Xion, of the Bloody Roar games, you obviously feel that he is the best game character out there even when you could have picked Long instead. *tut* The fact that you also put 'Unborn Lord' in there shows that not only do you know more about his character but you have great pride in yourself and want others to know you are powerful.

...yeah.

[B]Custom Title:[/B] You like pool. A lot, since you haven't changed your CT in ages. Either that, or you forgot about it. Also (from what I can remember) getting the eight ball in the corner pocket would be good? So we get the pride and possible arrogance coming through with this again.

[B]Avatar:[/B] It matches the banner.... not much to say about it except it's very pretty. You must like pretty things.

[B]Banner:[/B] Well, I did try and make this as much like you as possible. Xion has been used with the quote 'Who could resist this face?' this shows that you are (slightly) cocky and have pride in your appearance and you're not afraid to let others know. Again, you like the pretty things.

[B]Sig:[/B] You are the proud leader of the Silver Sadists, which shows you're quite possibly the most sadistic of them all. This I do not doubt for a second. It also shows that you love me lots. =P I couldn't resist.

Please, someone else have a go at ULX as I pretty much know what he's like by now, so this is kind of cheating.

Plus, I'd love someone to give me a go >>;[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]LoL...there is only one thing I can say about you Delacroix..aaahheeemm....Gab...you LOVE to change your name and everything else a lot...which I can assume is in correlation to your persona or feelings at the time, or you like change and get bored. Least ULX is consistant with your signature;).

And pink is awesome!...especially the dark/bolder forms of pink like you got...mixed with a little purple.

[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I don't know Kairi well enough to make an observation on her text without possibly making an *** of myself, however I noticed Dragon Warrior replied and I'd like to dredge through his murky mind and see if we can shed some light on the being also known as Gavin [well other Gavin then]. [[i]Puts on Psychiatrist's Jacket and Monocle[/I]]

[b]Username:[/b] Remaining the same after so many years, Gavin doesn't not feel the need to change his name, or is simply unable to change it to his real one due to my taking it. His adds a space between the [I]Dragon[/I] and the [I]Warrior[/I] indicating that he has both an interest in fantasy and sweaty armour clad men, although that could be debated. It could also mean that Gavin has an interest in Warriors from myth and legend, possibly due to their abilities to attain the love of many women, something Gavin attempts to emulate with varying degrees of success.

[b]Custom Title:[/b] Obviously Gavin figures himself to be a bit of a ladies man, with the good looks to match. This is a clear case of an advanced inferiority complex, Gavin believes that he can only get women by using some kind of foul black magicks. The roots of this complex may lie elsewhere, a mild Oedipus complex perhaps or possibly something else.

[b]Avatar:[/b] Again linked to Gavin's over-active sex drive, this possibly indicates the fate of any women or other individual drawn to his bed, the dreaded position known as [i]The Monkey[/i]. This may also represent Gavin's attire when he goes out in search of these women, or it could just be part of his fetish for Final Fantasy, or perhaps a mixture of both being a tribute to his attraction to the women of Final Fantasy.

[b]Graphic:[/b] Although not strictly linked to either his post or signature, this is more confirmation that Gavin does indeed suffer from an inferiority complex. He feels the need to thrust out there that he has been somewhere, in order to secure his need to feel that he is noticed. Again the graphic pays homage to his Final Fantasy/Darkly-clad pervert obsession.

[b]Signature:[/b] One of the more complex puzzles in decoding his mind, Gavin obviously enjoyed the work of Tom Burton, either that or he dislikes Christmas, either of which could be possible given his mental state. His link to the GAME MAKER thread also present us with the fact that Gavin enjoys making videogames, something that may allow him to merge his "interest" in women and Final Fantasy. The different crosses are perhaps a representation of other "alpha males" which Gavin feels he has defeated for breeding rights among the females, either that or he's a weirdo and likes crosses and death. His multiple links to the Wickersleeves story serve as testament to his need for constant attention, without which he feels he may wither and die.

Dr Gavin Freud, signing off.

This was purely humorous and is in no way related to my actual thoughts on Gavin. [/SIZE]

[COLOR=Indigo]I'll do Delacroix.

The name? I've heard something similar.

Dante in pink, that's so oxymoronic, it just might work. Probably a cool, badass girl, right? If not, then you deserve a village of monkeys humping you in the morning.

Or you waking up with a raving lunatic who happens to be a correction officer for a mental ward. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#FF3399][SIZE=1]With regards to Havokio's comment, I am indeed, a girl and I am not (very) insane.

Delacroix is the surname of Victor Delacroix, the main bad-guy from Chaos Legion (awesome game). It's not Dante in the banner, it's Victor, but now you mention it the two are very alike.

Badass? Cool? Me? I think so. ^_~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Custom Title: You seem like a girl who has found herself and is starting to feel wiser and independent.

Avatar: Shows that no one should take you for a fool.

Banner: Avatar speaks for itself.

Sig:Choice of pink...shows your feminie side. Your sig shows some humor.

Eh..I may be all wrong...but hey.

[color=darkviolet]Keh, I'll do Momo. It's too damn easy...I hope.

[b]Screen Name, Avi and Banner[/b]- Well, something tells me that you like Miwa Aeda's Peach Girl, or more acuatly Momo Adachi from Peach girl.

However your former username Isis makes me think that maybe you think of yourself as a goddess and perrhaps are interested in Egyption Mythology? Hey it's a shot in the dark.

Aw well, I don't know what else to say.... I dare someone else to guess me![/color]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Alright, I'm going to have a go at this...[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I'm going to try to come up with something for Dirt.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Screen name: Well, the nearest I can figure is that he's chosen Dirt for his screen name because he is either a humble person or he feels a connection to earth...or perhaps he has a strong aversion to bathing.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Custom title: "Hound of Cuchulainn" ...interesting. I suppose this depicts the fascination with the legend of Cuchulainn. [/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Avy: His avy is a depiction of a legendary Irish warrior named Cuchulainn, so I assume that he either admires the legend or would like to emmulate it. However, the image he chose is a rather bold one, as far as Cuchulainn images go, in that it depicts the warrior with his sword drawn and it is not his death scene, so I think it would be the strength of the warrior, and not the legendary fame that came from it that he admires.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Sig: A slight variation of the custom title, incorporating the knotwork and a self-given title which completely ruins my theory about the warrior himself:animeswea and makes me think that Dirt ideentifies with the vicious and the feral aspects of both canines and warfare.:animesigh [/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]K-- now I'm done BSing my way through this post...:animeblus it's someone else's turn.[/font][/b]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Okay then...[B]Who Am I?[/B]

Your signature, avatar, and username all seem to show that you are the average teenager. Lost in this huge world and looking to find yourself. You want to find your purpose in life. You seem to be a dreamer, and innocent at heart.

[CENTER]You won't give up searching until you've found your answer.[/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][B]Touma Seguchi[/B]

[B]Screen Name: [/B] You really love Touma at the moment. Maybe you are in an obsession phase about the anime...specifically the keyboardist from Nittle Grasper.

[B]Custom Title:[/B] Again, you are a big fan of that band in Gravitation. You enjoy their music, and you love Touma.

[B]Signiture:[/B] What more can I say? You are just crazy about Touma at the moment, lol[/COLOR]