OtakuBoards

Who should ask out??

kurin

ok i just got this...who should ask out a boy or a girl? If a girl asks out a guy does it look wrong and seems a bit too much? :therock: Or should a guy just act like a guy and ask out the girl? What do you think? :animestun I'm a confused

In this day and age, I don't think it really matters anymore. If you're a girl, and you like a guy, and he doesnt make a move, I'd say go for it, sometimes guys are in too much fear of rejection or making a friendship "weird" if the girl declines, that they won't make the first move.

Either way, people should be upfront about thier feelings.

I, being a girl, hate asking boys out. I'm all akward and funny like... So, I wait for the right moment and go to kiss the guy. If the reaction is positive then we'll talk. The term "go out" feels kinda silly... I prefer straight out "want to date?" tiz better that way.

Of course, if he makes the move first, theres no need for all the above.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Let's be realistic for a moment, This is how it goes:

Keep in mind You=Female/Male

In my knowledge the person who asks the one they like out can be either the female or male, it just depends on the situation and who's willing to make a move. When your in your surrounding you will see that its mostly boys that ask the female out (They are more dominant when it comes to wanting someone or something...not in a bad way). But females ask males out too, they don't have to be [B]sluts[/B] just to ask a guy out. If she sees the the male shows interest in her and she wants to make a change...she'll go for it. We females are more sensitive to our emotions, so tend to shy away at times afraid to ask out....(we usaully use our friends to do the asking about how the guys feels). But overall it's whoever is willing to take a step, whether the results may not turn out the way you want it to be..you still take a chance...its better to know than to keep wandering. I don't know if anything made sense...I do know I repeated some things..but I hope it get's the point through. I'm not trying to be mean...so I just but this is simple (Hopefully) answers.[/COLOR]

Not a lot of guys are okay with the girl asking first. It seems like their setting their control before the relationship even starts. Or, you could be totally clueless and them frustrated. It happens. The thing to really remember though is whoever asks the person out pays for the meal. This includes women as well.

[quote name='Anime Elf]The thing to really remember though is whoever asks the person out pays for the meal. [U]This includes women as well[/U'].[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is the best thing I've heard in a long time.

[color=33333][font=trebuchet ms]I like it when my boyfriend suggests me go out. It's nice to know that someone's thinking of you. =]

That being said, I was the one who originally asked him out. It was a very cute moment. [/font][/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Arial Black]I don't think it really matters.
Other people think the guys should
the girls out...that was back then...not now
So it doesn't really matter, as long as the girl has interest in the boy,
so people won't call her slut and all...same goes for the boy.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Given that I'm a traditionalist at heart, I'd generally see it as more natural if the guy asked the girl out, that said I've only ever been in the situation where I'm the one doing the asking out as generally I prefer the shyer, intellectual girls. However given I'm a shy intellectual myself, it typically takes me a while to actually ask a girl out. I wouldn't have anything against a girl suggesting a date, but when it comes to the whole process as I said it seems more natural if the male is in the lead role, as courting would be traditional. I don't have any problems with a girl asking a guy out, and if it happened to me I'd probably accept if she were my type, so yeah, why not ? [/SIZE]

i say that it does not matter cause if you really like this boy/girl then go for is you can survive a no i mean if whoever rejects you then it is ok it is not the end of your life or the world :catgirl: but personally since i am a girl i would like it better if a guy were to ask me out it is because i am really shy :catgirl:

I personally think it sets the tone for the relationship. If your going to make the first move, then your the one whos going to have to be the one who continues to push things forward. I'll be the first to admit that I'm the shy timid type by nature, but even I find the idea of the girl having to make the first move a little demeaning on my part.

I'ts not a macho thing, it's just I kind of look like a wimp if I had to wait for her. If the other person has some legitimate interest I have no problem making the move. But I want try put myself out there if I think it's a lost cause. No point fighting a battle that can't be won, right.

[QUOTE=Starwind No point fighting a battle that can't be won, right.[/QUOTE]
yup that is my point i dont want to embarress the guy but if i really like him i'll try hard to get the courage to ask him out but still the guy just feels funny about a girl asking him out except for one guy i know i am not naming names but he was really shy and my friends at school try to make him do the first move it took a lot of people to tell him to ask me out and he did it i am not saying any more out in public if u want to know the details of what happen just pm me :animesmil

Ok I think whoever wants to ask out can. Aren't girls wanting to be eqaul....well step up ask if you want. Guys ask if you want. Who cares. It's the 21st century. Personanlly, I don't think I'll ever ask anyone out again. Not cause I'm a girl but that's just me. I have my reasons. But I say hey if you want to ask someone out and you really like them and mean it go for it! :D

I rather guys follow the same principles set by the ages, ask the girls out. Is too embarrasing for a girl to ask a guy out, believe me I know, its just so out of usual :animeswea I know my kind is complaining why the guys have to be macho and all but please just think about it, when a guy asks out a girl the girl feels flattered. When the girl asks out a guy is just weird.

Guest angelkillerslay
I guess you are right at school I almost never see a girl ask a guy out. but when they do it feels kind of wierd. :animeswea:

I know how this all works *kinda* but you can tell when someone likes you when you look into there eyes. And that is the time to ask them out. I will qoute from a forution cookie I had once "The eyes are the window to ones soul" . And it is so very true because the eyes tell all.

I think that who ever has the feels should ask the other out. But he he I make it so oviouse i have never had to ask someone out. I just let them know that i care about them (look them right in the eyes and let my eyes say it all) and wait for them to make the next move. But if you have more nerve it is socally acceptable now.

Interesting comments so far, to be sure. Personally, I usually wait until the other person comes and asks. No, I'm not a wimp, but, as Linkk said, I have my reasons...and we both know what that was...er, ya. *coughMIKEcough*coughBOBcough* o_O You know...moving on:

My opinion, for both guys and girls, is that if you like somone, you should go for it. Because, believe me, it's hard when the person you like is "snatched" up by someone else. But, at the same time, rejection, in all forms, is hard to accept.

As for "traditional" asking outs, I think that if that's what you want, then that's what you should do...I mean, if you're a guy, and you think that the guy should be the "man of the relationship," then by all means, go ahead. And if you're a girl, and you think that the guy should be the one asking, then wait...but, as always, give him hints every now and then so he gets it.

I think that everyone should, if they like someone, give them hints. Some people are either not looking for the signals, or just dence...harsh, yet true.

Back on topic, and a summery, I think that do what you want to do...wait, go for it, meet in the middle, whatever it is you want to do, go right ahead. Alot of things are tolerated, and even encouraged, today, so do whatever floates your boat!

Here's a different spin on this topic...what about gay people? Who should ask who out first in a homosexual relationship(-to-be)? Just wondering...

Loves! ~_^

-Random