Desbreko Posted August 3, 2006 Posted August 3, 2006 [size=1][b]#8[/b] [i]Facts and figures, Numbers and records It's all up front for anyone to see[/i][/size] [color=#4B0082]I think John has this one in the bag, but I'm going to guess the site's Calendar just in case.[/color]
Riku Posted August 5, 2006 Posted August 5, 2006 [COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]#5 I think is... ChibiHorseWoman?? XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Shy Posted August 8, 2006 Author Posted August 8, 2006 [size=1]All of the riddles were answered correctly this week, putting several new faces onto the scoreboard and boosting Ikillion and John onto the lead! We're halfway through this event; let's see if these two can stay on top. The following members each earned themselves a point on the scoreboard. Congrats. Lunox Ikilion Gavin Sangome Papa Smurf Solo Tremaine Lady Katana John Tical Blue Jeebs [center][b][u]Current Scoreboard[/u] 3 Points:[/b] Ikillion, John, [b]2 Points[/b] Delta, Vicky, Lady Katana [b]1 Point[/b] Ezekiel, Aaryanna, silver_blade, Boba Fett, Retribution, Kazuwa Nomura, DeadSeraphim, Kitty, Esther, Jokopoko, Keyblade Wielder, Sandy, Lunox, Gavin, Papa Smurf, Sangome, Solo Tremaine, Tical Blue, Jeebs[/center] And for those of you playing along at home, here are the answers to last weeks riddles: [i]#1: RiflesatRecess #2: Athena #3: Bichon Frise #4: OtakuBot #5: Queen Asuka #6: Graphics Worm #7: Doc #8: What's Going On? #9: Yu Yu Hakusho Forum #10: Blase[/i][/size] [size=3][center][b]Week 5[/b][/size][/center][size=1] [b]#1[/b] [indent][i]You would think they would be found in the Music forum, But they're not anywhere on the boards.[/indent][/i] [b]#2[/b] [indent][i]The Arena's original metropolis.[/i][/indent] [b]#3[/b] [indent][i]A 12-Bar Original in the Arena Come and Get It.[/i][/indent] [b]#4[/b] [indent][i]Visit your friend's town across the globe, Or go on a fun drive thanks to these.[/i][/indent] [b]#5[/b] [indent][i]Beware this amphibean, For if we didn't have a language censor, You would most certainly be offended![/i][/indent] [b]#6[/b] [indent][i]The unofficial heroes of the boards, They venture out to worlds unknown, All while inspired by Japanese drama.[/i][/indent] [b]#7[/b] [indent][i]Following the death of a mighty Monster This great new nation was formed.[/i][/indent] [b]#8[/b] [indent][i]Not quite lunar, Not quite bipolar.[/i][/indent] [b]#9[/b] [indent][i]Champion of the bloggers, They only bother you when you don't choose your words carefully.[/i][/indent] [b]#10[/b] [indent][i]Just because you can't see it, Doesn't mean you can't feel, The man-love![/i][/indent] See you next week! -Shy Edit #1: Riddle #10, for clarity.[/size]
Sandy Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 Yeah! For once I'm here at the right time! *bounces from joy* [B]#4[/B] Visit your friend's town across the globe, Or go on a fun drive thanks to these. [B]Answer:[/B] OtakuBoards Frappr
Katana Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [size=1][color=royalblue][i][b]#10[/b] Just because you can't see it, Doesn't mean you can't feel, The man-love![/i] You know, I'm just going to go out on a stupid limb and suggest the conspiracy that James is actually Man-Faye. We don't know - we can't see it - but some have a feeling that it's really him...[/color][/size]
Mr. Maul Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [quote name='Shy][size=1][b]#2[/b][/size][indent][size=1][i']The Arena's original metropolis.[/quote][/i][/size][/indent] [size=1][color=DimGray]The [b]Battle Arena[/b]? [/color][/size]
Boo Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [quote=Shyguy][size=1][b]#7[/b][indent]Following the death of a mighty Monster This great new nation was formed..[/size][/indent][/quote] [size=1]Ehm... The Newbie Lounge was deleted and was an incredible monster. Then came the MyOtaku. I found it rather creative of myself. :3 It's a pity that 'Monster' was written with a capital and probably reffers to the member that I know nothing about. [IMG]http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/2464/logooblb7.png[/IMG] I was going to answer 'Taste' to the first riddle, but I figured that it would include me, and stepped back from that answer.[/size]
Jokopoko Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [size=1][color=teal]#4 Visit your friend's town across the globe, Or go on a fun drive thanks to these. [b]Nintendo WiFi Friend Codes[/b] :p[/color][/size]
Ikillion Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hmm yeah this one really did actually cause me to think...which didn't work. I am going to guess that #8 is Lunox, mostly because its the only name that I can think of that sounds like lunar :3[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Fyxe Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [size=1][color=slategray][b]#1 You would think they would be found in the Music forum, But they're not anywhere on the boards.[/b] [I]theOtaku.come Anime Podcasts[/I]? Bah. Hee hee, man-love. : D[/color][/size]
Ezekiel Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [SIZE=1] [I]#5 Beware this amphibean, For if we didn't have a language censor, You would most certainly be offended![/I] [STRIKE]Hmm, wild guess, but I'm thinking [B]Harry[/B]?[/STRIKE] Okay, nevermind, he's changed his avi. Curses. -_-[/SIZE]
Gavin Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [QUOTE=Shy][SIZE=1][B]#2[/b] [INDENT]The Arena's original metropolis.[/SIZE][/INDENT][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I'm going to take a guess at this one and say [b]Meteo City[/b], the RPG series that Hybrid Vigor is based off of.[/SIZE]
Sangome Posted August 8, 2006 Posted August 8, 2006 [size=1]YAY! I got one right! x3 [quote][b]#9[/b] Champion of the bloggers, They only bother you when you don't choose your words carefully.[/quote] ...I am going to go out on a reeeeally flimsy limb and say [b]Grammar Nazi's[/b]?[/size]
John Posted August 9, 2006 Posted August 9, 2006 [size=1][b]#6:[/b] Quantum Kabuki Troupe, the OB guild on Guild Wars. [/size]
Claire Posted August 9, 2006 Posted August 9, 2006 [FONT=Arial]I'm going to guess that #7 is PWNED...=/ [strike]Either that or Strongbadia.[/strike][/FONT]
Kei Posted August 9, 2006 Posted August 9, 2006 [color=darkblue][size=1]Ooo, #5 would be [b]the n00b[/b] from Solo's "Enter the Net" fanfic...I think.[/color][/size]
Sakura Posted August 10, 2006 Posted August 10, 2006 [COLOR=Navy]I'm just guessing #9 is [strike][B]Lady Katana[/B][/strike]....Ok, um, I thought about it, and my guess is the group titled [B]SOAP[/B] *shrug*[/COLOR]
Shy Posted August 10, 2006 Author Posted August 10, 2006 [quote name='Marsh][FONT=Arial']I'm going to guess that #7 is PWNED...=/ Either that or Strongbadia.[/FONT][/quote] [size=1]Just to warn you, Marsh, you can't include two answers in your post. It looks like you are guessing PWNED, but I just want to make sure, because if you don't specify your guess won't count. Also, most of the people who have posted their guesses are very, very wrong. Keep trying! -Shy[/size]
Veritas Posted August 11, 2006 Posted August 11, 2006 [size=1][color=darkslategray]Wow, I've missed out on alot since my leave of absense *long story :animeswea * anyways.[/color][/size] [size=1][color=darkslategray][/color][/size] [size=1][color=darkslategray]My guess for [b]#8[/b] would have to be [b]SunfallE[/b], I think I remember reading something awhile back about her being Bi-Polar and a falling sun means not quite night time. [/color][/size] [size=1][color=darkslategray][/color][/size] [size=1][color=darkslategray]I don't know I'm probably wrong but this was the only one I have something close to a guess on..[/color][/size]
Desbreko Posted August 13, 2006 Posted August 13, 2006 [size=1][b]#5[/b] [i]Beware this amphibean, For if we didn't have a language censor, You would most certainly be offended![/i][/size] [color=#4B0082]I'm going to assume "amphibian" is misspelled here and not some sort of hint, and guess [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=6462][u]Frog Brigade[/u][/url]. His signature is chalk full of asterisks.[/color]
TheResplendent Posted August 15, 2006 Posted August 15, 2006 #8 Not quite lunar, Not quite bipolar Gonna go with [b]Eclipse[/b] on this one. Seems to make sense in context though it's very possible i'm wrong as well.
Shy Posted August 15, 2006 Author Posted August 15, 2006 [size=1]Only four of this week's riddles were answered correctly, meaning that there was very little progress on the scoreboard: Jokopoko Gavin John Desbreko [center][b][u]Current Scoreboard[/u] 4 Points:[/b] John [b]3 Points:[/b] Ikillion [b]2 Points[/b] Delta, Vicky, Lady Katana, Jokopoko, Gavin [b]1 Point[/b] Ezekiel, Aaryanna, silver_blade, Boba Fett, Retribution, Kazuwa Nomura, DeadSeraphim, Kitty, Esther, Keyblade Wielder, Sandy, Lunox, Papa Smurf, Sangome, Solo Tremaine, Tical Blue, Jeebs, Desbreko[/center] And for those of you playing along at home, here are the answers to last weeks riddles: [i]#1: Banned Members #2: Meteo City #3: BeatleMania Redux #4: Nintendo Wi-Fi Codes #5: Frog Brigade #6: Quantum Kabuki Troupe #7: Strongbadia #8: Manic #9: Mimmi #10: Secret OtakuBoards Staff Yaoi Forum[/i][/size] [size=3][center][b]Week 6[/b][/size][/center][size=1] [b]#1[/b] [indent][i]He Whose name cannot be sPoken. Is also a masteR of the WRitten WoRd.[/indent][/i] [b]#2[/b] [indent][i]Keep them away from small children, And spammers alike, Et tu, Solo Tremaine?[/i][/indent] [b]#3[/b] [indent][i]A year after the fact, They decide what was memorable and what was not.[/i][/indent] [b]#4[/b] [indent][i]Artist, Bebopper, and theOtaku.[/i][/indent] [b]#5[/b] [indent][i]305904012005 is a record of sorts? What is the significance?[/i][/indent] [b]#6[/b] [indent][i]More colorful than not, Has there ever been more of a misnomer? One would think they could name themselves correctly in the first place.[/i][/indent] [b]#7[/b] [indent][i]Soldier of fortune, Out to get OtakuBoards' most hated enemies, In Anthology, and beyond.[/i][/indent] [b]#8[/b] [indent][i]It isn't stalking If you're just trying to stay current.[/i][/indent] See you next week! -Shy[/size]
Jokopoko Posted August 15, 2006 Posted August 15, 2006 [size=1][color=teal]#1 He Whose name cannot be sPoken. Is also a masteR of the WRitten WoRd. I'm going to guess [b]Kuja[/b] *shudders*.[/color][/size]
Fyxe Posted August 15, 2006 Posted August 15, 2006 [size=1][color=slategray][b]#8 It isn't stalking If you're just trying to stay current.[/b] [i]Who's Online.[/i][/color][/size]
Recommended Posts