OtakuBoards

What Screwed You Up

Ol' Fighter

Alright...I'm curious...what do you think, know, or found out about, or just about any other thing that you think messed up or just plain ol' **** up your life and if your in a good mood what helped your life become what it was.

Me myself, to be completly honest it was when I was about 9 or 10 and I learned if your doing something out of freedom of expression(in U.S.) noone can do anything about it so I've been hard at work finding out many diffrent ways to mess with the big pompious types and man is it funny...but I think I'll be arrested soon hahaha...but from learning about freedom of expression it became a big influence on why I'm so free-spirited.

[font=arial][size=1]So yeah, two years ago I had a girlfriend who led a secret life away from me. I found her other boyfriend, her other girlfriend, and I walked in on her doing whatever it is you do with bongs, with a bunch of people I didn't even know. It was over.

I was a wreck for about a year, and I shunned everyone out of my life except a few people, and then I broke out of it after I found some true friends who I really felt I could trust. It's taken me this long to feel happy about myself, and I've basically become a new man because of what she did to me.

I could write a lot more about it, but it'd seem out of place and it's just unimportant.[/size][/font]

I'd say Chiranjeevi screwed me up pretty good.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll8Qm8yDj-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll8Qm8yDj-8[/URL]

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcBs8QHpGdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcBs8QHpGdo[/URL]

Apparently this guy is like the Arnold Schwarzenegger (circa 1994) of southern India. The sunglasses-throwing in the second video would have completely changed the course of my life had the green contacts and fangs not done it already.

[COLOR=Blue]This is a really easy question. My family screwed me up, of course.

The constant fighting. The yelling. The silent treatments. Being ignored. Treating me like a child... The list just keeps going on and on and on and on and on..... :animestun

But if I were to just choose one thing about my family, which screwed me up, It would be thier lack of interest in what I have to say.
Whenever I have an opinion about something, they would listen, then say that it's stupid for me to say it. Then about 10 minutes later, someone else would say the EXACT same thing as I did. Then my whole family says that it's a wonderful idea, then they treat that person like they were the smartest person in the world. I tried to say that it was the exact same thing as I had said before, but they thought that that was stupid too. So I gave up.

These days, I just don't say anything. Now they thing that my brain is empty, and that I have nothing to say. :animesigh

Yeah!? :animeangr WELL SCREW THEM ALL!!!!! :mad: [/COLOR]

I suppose the fact that my 'real' dad walked out on me and my family (Mom and sister) when I was about 5. :animeangr The same year that my sister was born. I've resented him ever since and I've promised myself to always watch out for my family and never abandon them like my old man did. Ever since then, I changed from being outwardly cheerful, to being cautious and choosing my friends carefully.
But, life goes on, and hopefully my sister won't suffer as much as I did.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

What messed me up ? I did, I'm not going to blame anyone else for the way my life has turned out over the last few years, I made the decision to drop out of school and screw around for three years, I had supportive parents and good friends, so all responsibility lies with me. It took some time, but I've turned my life around and am back in school to finish educating myself, but I don't really regret my decision because there've been good times along with the bad.[/SIZE]

[B]RiflesAtRecess[/B], that is really messed up, dude. ::shakes head:: I feel sorry for you, man.

I think that for a lot of people, it was their family. The immediate people around them that drove them crazy and had the biggest effect on them. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

It was definately my parents relationship that killed a big part of me. For almost all my life I thought I had a perfect family. My friends thought I had a perfect family. People were always telling me, "Your family is perfect." But it's all a big lie. My parents are so ****ing immature. I don't know how they've lived with each other so long, I think they need the drama. I despise them for using me and my sisters to solve their problems and be responsible for their ****. Solve them yourself.

[FONT=Tahoma][B]4th of July, 2001. 4AM ~ 4.05AM[/B]

It's kind of ironic how it was one of the most gorgeous mornings of that summer. In perspective it really has nothing on the people who were struck by Katrina, but at least [I]that [/I]storm blew over.
Mine is on its 5th year, going strong for a 6th. And it's not like I haven't fought it for all I'm worth, either. Maybe it'll stop chasing after me if I stop trying to move away from it? [/FONT]

[size=1]I'm not going into too much detail, because it brings up bad emotions, but my life got screwed up for about 8-9 months this year. February 20th. Someone I loved dearly destroyed me. Took me 7-8 months to accept what happened. Then, he crushed me not too long ago ['bout a month ago, maybe a bit more]. Distance sucked for us, but apparently it's not a big deal for him and his new girl.

Whatever, he's happier; I'm happier with my new boyfriend (who helped me get over the last month). So, it worked out; but there's still a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. As I'm sure it'll be for a very long time..considering I still care for him more than anything.

But, no matter how happy my current boyfriend makes me..it's still very hard for me to completely and fully trust him. It's something we're working on.[/size]

What a depressing little thread. I should wiat till Im drunk and emo to post here.... but I feel like I can post you people (I kid) anyways. I would have to reference my good friend being murdered. I would also have to give an honorable mention to my second girl friend who was three years my senior and taught me to drink smoke, and do what ever it is peiople do with a bong :cool: I got into theatre at school. I landed a huge awsome role... then a lame one the next year... the let down was huge... and the play was alice in wonderland. I self medicated my anxiety with alot of drugs. I don't remember my sophomore year of highschool, other than the fact that I drank alot of liquid codine, smoked alot of the ganja, and ate alot of pills. it was terrible. I wasted a year, and really let myself down. But I think my experiences have taught me to be self-reliant and not waist what I got... plus I got all my rebellion and general stupidness out of my system which is good.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]*will remain intangible as possible*

What screwed me up was learning what I am, what I am capable of, and what all people are. Even though I consider myself to have recovered from a year-long hiatus from happiness, I still find myself utterly disappointed in myself nearly if not every day.

I have the power to follow a dream. I can start my life now. Unlike so many others who are only bothered with being happy for the moment, I know exactly what to do to achieve long-term happiness. I have a goal... a passage in life.

Why can't I follow it? Why am I standing on the road, deviating, returning, and only taking brief steps every now and them only to stumble backward? I tell myself I've come so far, but why am I not making progress?

It pains me to know that I care more about a moment than a lifetime. That doing nothing takes precedence over progress and I'm to blame.

I lack passion... I find no true beauty in anything because my trust is so wilted that all I can sense is the unglyness seeping from the planet. I tell myself if I had my way, everyone would be gone. We'd all be dead.

This makes me weak. I know that escaping hardship and finding happiness are very different, and yet I put the happiness of others above my own and beg my own mind to never intrude.

Will I ever take charge? Can I do what none of my family could and actually do something? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]Holy crap, there is so much drama on these boards. None of this crazy crap ever happens to me... Not that it's a bad thing, though.

Me, I've never really had anything in my life screw me up. My parents never beat me or drank or faught (Well, nothing serious). I was never betrayed by a good friend. I never got into trouble at school - hell, I go to my principal's house to watch the game and have a beer every saturday - and I never got into trouble out of school. Everytime I log onto these boards, I read about how something dramatic, soap-opera-ey has happened in someones life, but nothing like that ever happens to me.

As such, I'll answer the second question: What's made my life so totally kick-***? Nothing, really. There is no defining moment in my life where I can say "Wow, my life sucked before [event] happened." I guess the closest thing happened at some undefined point last year where I realised that the key to enjoying life is to look at things from your own perspective. I'm fat, not in great shape, a geek, I dress like a vagrant and smell worse... But I enjoy every moment of it. The reason is that I've changed my perspective on life; all these conceptions in our life (i.e that fat people are somehow lesser beings then fit ones) are based on things drilled into us from childhood; so, for a while in my life, I did feel pretty depressed and mooppy about my looks... But then I realised that all these things I think because someone else told me to, because someone else thinks something that I have to think it too. So that's where my "**** other people and there opinion's" attitude comes from, and that's why I enjoy every minute of my life.

Oh, my, that was quite long winded...[/COLOR]

Guest Heero yuy
My biological father was really abusive to me and my mother.

Seeing what he did to my mother, just made me want to be nothing like him. And I'm sure that's what makes me who I am today.

I don't really think that anyone can be "screwed up". Since there are so many other people out there that are worse off. Because if someone is "screwed up" then there has to be a normal. To pose a question, what is normal?

As for your other question, I could always say that the best choice for me was choosing for God to be my Savior. I still believe that is the best thing that I've done in my entire life. :)

[QUOTE=RiflesAtRecess][font=arial][size=1]So yeah, two years ago I had a girlfriend who led a secret life away from me. I found her other boyfriend, her other girlfriend, and I walked in on her doing whatever it is you do with bongs, with a bunch of people I didn't even know. It was over.

I was a wreck for about a year, and I shunned everyone out of my life except a few people, and then I broke out of it after I found some true friends who I really felt I could trust. It's taken me this long to feel happy about myself, and I've basically become a new man because of what she did to me.

I could write a lot more about it, but it'd seem out of place and it's just unimportant.[/size][/font][/QUOTE]I went through the same kind of thing. Very ****ing close. -_-

But alcohol was there to save me. Still is.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]As easy as it would be to say something screwed up my life, I?m not going to do it. I will say that bad events influenced my life, but screwed it up? Sure bad things can really put a damper on one?s life, but in the end I?m the one who decides if I?m going to let it stop me from going on and still working on my dreams and goals.

And since my life is far from over, saying an event screwed it up is inaccurate, as I?ve no way of knowing what the future will hold. It may have made part of it very annoying and messed up, but my entire life? Not likely. I?ve got far to many good memories of stuff telling me that my life is not screwed up. [/COLOR]

[quote name='HedonismBot][COLOR=Sienna']Holy crap, there is so much drama on these boards.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Primary, negative post:

People who haven't even lived through a fourth of their possible lifespan are easily traumatized by the short span of time they've lived.

So cheer up, kiddos. You might go through similar **** four times over or more.

Hopefully you won't be as Shakespearian about it then.

Alternate, positive post:

People who haven't even lived through a fourth of their possible lifespan fixate too much on the negative incidences of their lives and forget all of the positive situations that should, theoretically, produce a balance between the good and bad.

So look at it like this, kiddos. You'll have another four times over or more to just live, exist and do what you want to do. **** will go down, you'll be depressed sometime but overall it should be alright more or less.

Hopefully you'll make the best of your time and reflect on it well on your deathbed.[/color]

My abusive father screwed me up! :mad:

His constant screaming and chasing and abusing was just way to much for me to handle. He always put me down and mocked me. It started when I was a bout nine. I am turning 16 in about three weeks....not even and it still continues. I remember trying to explain bruises to rich brats at my school.

:mad: I think that is what screwed me up.

[size=2]Well, for the most part, I'm in pretty good shape. I've got a girl who loves me and who I love back, I'm in college with relatively little debt student-loanwise, I'm on track to getting into grad school and getting my PhD, which will set me up to live a financially secure life, start a family, and work at something I love doing.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]What got me here? I had bad eyesight when I was young, and I was socially inept. I was also fairly intelligent. I had glasses, was smart, and anti-social, and I couldn't do a damn thing to stop it. So, I got picked on. I had low self-esteem and was shy, so I didn't develop any strong relationships with boys or girls for a very long time. I did what I was supposed to in school, and obeyed all the rules like a good little boy. As a result, school built me into a learning machine, so I have a sort of photographic memory and curiousity that allows me to easily excell in all types of learning environments. My girlfriend had social problems too, and was about as romantically inexperienced as I was. So, we hit it off, and bonded to each other very closely. Neither of us has really experienced the loss of trust that comes from being betrayed by someone close to us, so we lack the cynicism and skepticism of most people, allowing us to be honest with each other, and to have little fear of being betrayed.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Despite all this, everything's just not perfect enough for me. Our society did a ****** job of building me up as a moral person, so I constantly have to struggle internally to resist bad influences and ideas that have been wired into me by the mass media. It's kind of funny that my biggest problems in life come from internal moral struggles, and goes to show how priveliged I really am. Whatever our situation, we've all got battles to fight, regardless of their magnitude. I hope you all can resolve all your big problems so you can focus on some of the less painful ones.[/size]

i am screwed up but because of me!nobody has nothin to do with the fact that i'm screwed up but me! it's because i chose the way i wanted and not the way every1 goes and that's why i was always considered a outkast. but i don't want to be on their liking cause if i do that is like selling myself for an acceptable me, and the world I live in people are not nice nor have any purpose. i like myself this way and no1 can stop me! ^__^!