OtakuBoards

Members and their !Popularity!

Aberinkula

[font=tahoma]Well when it comes to popularity on most online forums, while many of the people who go through the efforts of establishing themselves simply by being a model member or doing what they do, a large population of people acquire "fame" in another way.

The first kind of popularity is usually noticed in higher value and despite a bit slower, that kind of recognition becomes more meaningful. It is like I told Adahn in one of he previous topics, if you want to show what your best known for such as intellegence or writing, don't try to go around forcing your influence on people. You'll be noticed for the right reasons eventually without having to go through the part where you annoy more people then make friends in the process of hunting for respect. You earn sincere respect on or off the internet, you don't extract it from people.

The second kind of poplarity i'm talking about, and i've seen it many places, is something I like to call popularity through fraudulence. Namely it's where people feign knowledge or intellegence by commiting logical fallacies, speaking extensively on a topic that is easy to predict as something the majority of people know too little about to make a call on BS, or stating the obvious in a different light then from simply saying it in the most common ways. More than likely, this appeals to the members who don't really know anything about the topics that are being discussed and see this display of seemingly significant rambling and mistake it for intellegence. While this type of popularity is a personal pet peeve of mine, it does not neccesarily mean that the contributions made from a person of this nature are all meaningless. Popularity is popularity, there's no getting around that. The methods to which it has been achieved may be questioned or may be accepted, but everyone has their place in the community just like a real life society.

There are plenty of other smaller ways of being popular, like constantly creating contraversey and trouble (i guess that's more like Infamy, anyhow). In any case though, popularity on OB specifically seems to have a good variety in it's uprisings. We have people who are popular for their talents in writing, RPing, debating, GFX, charisma, etc. I'd be lying if I said i respected [i]every[/i] member (simply because I respect people who have done things to deserve it from my perspective, it does not mean i dislike those i don't respect since everyone has the ability to do something respect-worthy, and it certainly does not mean that I would disrespect them), but I'm proud to say that in my near one year's time here on OB I have seen and met plenty of people who are really the epitome of what an online community should be.

Another main point I would make has already been said, that whether your popular or not, your contributions to the community is just as important. Every member that tries their best to be a valuble member (i.e ones that don't sign up then never post, ones that don't sign up to simply advertise or mindlessly spam for the hell of it) and generally succeeds for the most part all have their rightful place.

As for members I personally like here on OB, I have quite a lot. I won't go through a detailed list for all of them...because I doubt anyone cares that much along with the fact that it would be too much to write. Among the list are [b][Sakura, Eclipse, Redemption][/b] - My Aussie Girl Group :cool:, [b]Tekkaman[/b] - My Bro, [b]Kitty[/b] - My very first RP friend/partner, [b]Keyblade Wielder[/b] - My favorite GFX maker :P, [b]The Boss[/b] - Whom I respect for his writing and RP ideas, [b]Shy[/b] - Whom I respect for the way he runs his events, especially OI2 in certain aspects particularly, along with many others. They range from good friends of mine to people i simply respect for one reason or another.

I will say something about a certain member though, as everyone else has already pointed him out as being a great person as well as generally pretty popular around here, i'm talking about [b]Dragon Warrior[/b]. Many people chiefly like him for his writing and comedy works. After having gotten to know him more personally thanks to originally being on the same OBS4 team, aside from being a fan of his work I have to say that DW really is an all around great and funny guy and a very dedicated and ambitious person. Kudos to him as his popularity here is indeed an example of one not overexaggerated.[/font]

[size=1][b]Who's my favorite member[/b] and [b]what members have become popular[/b], my favorite soul song of the 70's.

Seeing as how I've been pretty distant from this site for a long time now, I can't really answer the second question. Popularity is like technology. It changes too rapidly. But in any case, the one member that pops into my head when I think of that question is The Boss [aka Mike]. I remember when I first joined, and he was Daigo (for short). Throughout the years, he vanished and came back, then vanished again..changed screen names..then vanished. BUT he's been back for quite some time, I know. And in that time, I think he's grown a bit more popular. I see people referring to him often in their posts, and I think that's pretty awesome. Go Mike!

My favorite member[s]?
1.) Desbreko- He's always good-tempered and has always been very kind to me. (not that anyone [i]hasn't[/i]...but still, Des is the f**king best.)

2.) James- Again, a very kind person and let me tell you, this dude has patience...most of the time, hehe. Seriously, James has always been there to cheer me up, set me straight, and/or calm me down whenever my stubborn butt needed it. We haven't spoken in some time, but I'll never forget him or second-guess my opinions on him.

3.) 'zeke (Jamie)- Very sweet, and very talented and intelligent girl. Her writing is amazing, and I'm always excited to read what character she comes up with next. Plus, she's hotness!

4.) The Boss. 'nuff said.

5.) Corey/Gavin- I put them together again because they pretty much combine to one person, haha. Normally, you don't see one without the other..but seeing as how I hear Corey has retired, I guess we'll have to deal :D (I love you Gavin, hah). Corey is an excellent writer, and I'm going to miss his creativity and humor. He is very respectful and always made me feel "wanted". And it's pretty much the same with Gavin. Sometimes, he can be that old, grouchy Irishman. But all around, Gavin is wise and charming. And I'm glad to have known him.

6.) Mimmi! OMG I'm so a Mimmi fangirl. She's incredibly sweet, funny, and damned smart. She can be completely random, but make complete sense. And that's hard to find IRL or on the internet! <3

7.) silpheedpilot- He, and I'm sure 50% of the active OB, knows why I'd choose him. Besides, it's Joe. That, in and of itself, is enough.[/size]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

As has already been said, popularity of some members waxes and wanes with time, where as the cult of celebrity developed by certain members remains eternal. Anyway time to get to the ever pointless naming of people who already know I think very highly/the world of them for the benefit of people who I'll likely never directly interact with.

[b]Shy/Josh[/b]
He's the J-man and that ought to be enough for anyone who's been here longer than six seconds. A highly accomplished Event Master, a veteran Arena participant and a down-right great person. No need to go any further.

[b]Annie/Athena[/b]
My sweet-pea is back and again like Josh if you know her even vaguely than I do need to go on. For the benefit of those who've not had the pleasure of her companionship, Annie is a wonderful, wonderful person, caring, witty, intelligent, sexy all over and a brilliant writer whom I've had the fortune of being able to work with. I could write on and on about who great she is and it would be all true, Annie is the big sister everyone wishes they had.

[b]Teh Zeke/Jamie[/b]
Zeke reminds me of a lot of people I've know, but at the same time she's completely unique and irreplaceable to me and everyone else. She matured so quickly as a writer here on OB it was scary, especially for those of us who'd been here a few years at that stage and seen her just shine in terms of the quality of her work. On a personal level Jamie is sublime, I know it's a weird choice of adjective, but I really can't think of a word that completely defines her, she's compassionate, a great listener, a wise young woman and like Annie, very sexy. She makes my day good whenever I have the luck to talk to her.

[b]The Boss/Mike[/b]
His username is a highly apt choice, Mike is The Boss and there can be no denial of his Boss-ness... if that could even be considered a word. Mike like Jamie came to the Arena right when it needed them, to give a shot of fresh quality blood into the system. He's an exceptionally talented writer, particularly in one area I have failed to ever become skilled in, fight scenes, any writer here knows how difficult it is to write believable fight scenes than people can visualise and yet Mike does it every time. The Hit is simply another in a long list of examples of how skilled Mike is, taking the usual OB fan-fic and twisting it into something to rival Bikini Bandits or even Enter the Net as a piece of Anthology gold.

[B]Andrew and Jokopoko/Bill[/b]
I'm putting these two together because I consider them to be great friends for the same reasons. I've known them both years at this stage, it must be five at this stage. They're both great writers whom I had the luck to work for a long time as we became older and wiser over the Versions of OB, and they love Dragonball Z, which makes them extra cool in my book. They are also very, very good friends who like Annie were there for me when my life went to hell three years ago and I appreciate that more than I can put into words. You guys rock, that's all there is to it.

Finally a few people whom I thought very much of but don't seem to be around any more/were banned: Alex [Siren/Papa Smurf], Dave [Boba Fett], D'Ann [Neuvoxraiha], Corey [The one and only] and Yoda [Craig].[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE=1] well, there arent that many on my list:

[B][U]Keyblade Wielder[/B][/U]: She can be nice. killer artist, but we dont talk anymore, still she's pretty cool.

[B][U]Lava Lamp[/B][/U]: Dude, my little sister is awesome, she's shown me what fads people go through, she can be [I]very[/I] random and most of the time she manages to cheer me up. but I havent heard anything from her since last November.

[B][U]Hanabishi Recca[/B][/U]: This guy managed to get me to belive in God again, and we have very very interesting conversations on aim. he's like one of my pyschologists, plus he got me back into playing DDR.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]There are alot of members I like, of course in the sake of time, I'll only name a few.

[B]Boo[/B]: He is amazing. I always enjoy talking to him. Actually he is my right hand man in Ninja-ness. Everytime I talk to him I'm inspired to make something witty. I make him alot of banners, lol.

[B]James[/B]: Of course I would mention him. Him and I used to talk on aim alot, well not alot but often I guess. His intelligent and fun to chat with, and we both loved Matrix to no end, lol.

[B]Hittokiri Zero[/B]: We don't really talk much, we used to more so, sort of. I have always enjoyed his artwork.

No one knows me, and I've been here forever, lol.[/SIZE]

[font=tahoma][size=1]Honestly, there's nothing wrong with admiring a member of OB in any way, it's when you do simply because they are surrounded by others who do. For instance, I've never really talked with [b]BKStyles[/b] other then in an RPG, which he did fairly well. I also LOVE White's [b]Elements[/b] rpgs [[i]in which i'm waiting like a mad women for one to come out soon, tehe[/i] ]

Like Dragon Warrior, I would be biased when stating people, especially since I use to talk to about 1/2 the people here but I'm no longer active on AIM so I have yet to meet new people. [[i]Shame really, but real life gets in the way[/i] ] I honestly don't care how many people I know, who or what but I think it's okay to value someone's input. Most of it however is biased based on how they get along better with that person, or who has the most friends. That's not what popularity should be. It's like being a moderator, you don't seek to become a mod, they ask you. That's how I view it atleast.

Honestly, there are always going to be 'cliques' or fanclubs, but I ignore it because I don't care if I'm invited into the 'special' group or not. [b]Dragon Warrior[/b], definately I have to say though owns up to his reputation. Not only IS he a great guy, and one of the first people I really talked too, but he definately always has something to input. Members who post RPGS, or atleast try, have my support. Also [b]SunfallE[/b], is someone that I think is always helpful to new members, and deserves recognition as well. [/font][/size]

[size=1]Edit:[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]This post was better when you were talking at length about your imagined greatness.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote] And hurt all their feelings? Naw, you should know I'm too nice to tell the truth. XD [/size]

[QUOTE=Peanut][font=tahoma][size=1]Honestly, there's nothing wrong with admiring a member of OB in any way, it's when you do simply because they are surrounded by others who do. For instance, I've never really talked with [b]BKStyles[/b] other then in an RPG, which he did fairly well. I also LOVE White's [b]Elements[/b] rpgs [[i]in which i'm waiting like a mad women for one to come out soon, tehe[/i] ]

Like Dragon Warrior, I would be biased when stating people, especially since I use to talk to about 1/2 the people here but I'm no longer active on AIM so I have yet to meet new people. [[i]Shame really, but real life gets in the way[/i] ] I honestly don't care how many people I know, who or what but I think it's okay to value someone's input. Most of it however is biased based on how they get along better with that person, or who has the most friends. That's not what popularity should be. It's like being a moderator, you don't seek to become a mod, they ask you. That's how I view it atleast.

Honestly, there are always going to be 'cliques' or fanclubs, but I ignore it because I don't care if I'm invited into the 'special' group or not. [b]Dragon Warrior[/b], definately I have to say though owns up to his reputation. Not only IS he a great guy, and one of the first people I really talked too, but he definately always has something to input. Members who post RPGS, or atleast try, have my support. Also [b]SunfallE[/b], is someone that I think is always helpful to new members, and deserves recognition as well. [/font][/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]This post was better when you were talking at length about your imagined greatness.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Peanut][font=tahoma][size=1]That's not what popularity should be. It's like being a moderator, you don't seek to become a mod, they ask you. That's how I view it at least.[/font'][/size][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Thank you for that.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ah the question of popularity, or rather perceived notion of popularity. There?s no denying that some people get noticed but that doesn?t necessarily mean they are popular. Anyway?[quote name='ForgotteÑ-HerÖ][COLOR=Blue]Who's your favorite member and why? [/COLOR] [/QUOTE]That would be rather hard to say since there are a fair number of people here that even though I?ve never spoken to them I enjoy reading their posts, making them one of my favorite members here at OB. But to narrow it down, I?ll only mention the ones I do talk to. Rachmaninoff is a given since like he mentioned we are friends in real life and have been for about ten years. And there are quite a few I?ve met since I?ve joined, like SunfallE, Aaryanna and her Mom, Mariskah, James and Des. And I?m sure there are more that I?m forgetting. [QUOTE=ForgotteÑ-HerÖ][COLOR=Blue]What members have gotten popular?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I really don?t pay attention to this, but I do notice a lot of talented graphic artists when they get feedback in their threads, and members who post stories in the Anthology section of the boards. As well as others who I see around the boards a lot.[QUOTE=Peanut][font=tahoma][size=1]It's like being a moderator, you don't seek to become a mod, they ask you. That's how I view it atleast. [/font'][/size][/quote]And it goes without saying that being noticed or being a mod doesn?t necessarily mean you're popular either. The Complaint thread certainly proved that. Being asked to be a mod if anything made me unpopular instead of popular. lol [/COLOR]

Ah, I wasn't going to post here, but I have nothing better to do.

[CENTER][B]Felix Santiago[/B]
Well, you had me, so I have you.
We've known each other for a while now, though we don't talk as much a we used to, its still nice to know that you are alive and doing well.

[B]Niki12345[/B]
Yeah, you. Well, you put me on here, so I suppose I should put you here also. Lets see, we talk every week or so (when I can get on), and you always seem to be able to respond to what I say every single day...

[B]Up4anime[/B]
Ah, yes. I don't have much to say about you, though I've known you for a while, ever since I came here I think. You are just a good person in general, thanks for the wonderful conversations *smile*

[B]Mangamaniack[/B]
You are awesome too *smile* Even though I have the least to say about you...v.v

[B]Other Random People Worth Being Mentioned[/B]
Dragon Warrior, Cicatrice Du Adieu (*laughs*), Lonley Fighter (sorry if I forgot anyone)[/CENTER]

I like a lot of users here mainly everyone who has made me a banner or avatar over the years at no cost but at the kindess of their hearts.

I think I like Dagger because she knows so much about anime it's crazy. She knows more info than all of ANN . Its unbelievable what she knows and I respect that immensely.

BTW Dagger you haven't answered any of my marriage proposals PMs yet :animedepr

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Can I get extra cool points for being Canadian? Please?

Oh man. Can I just say I'm sick of people saying Dragon Warrior "just cause he's funny." I can understand if you've talked to the guy but the same people who talk about not choosing members because of their status choose Gav just because he makes funny posts. [i]So[/i] not cool.

Anyway, one of my favourite members has got to be Dragon Warrior. He's just so hillarious. But I actually talk to him. For like a year now! I know!

Charles is definitely number one on my list, though. He's so much fun to talk to and I love his attitude towards... everything. Reminds me of Brasil, who I miss dearly. :([/FONT][/COLOR]
[size=1][right][color=#ededed]You found an invitation, la de dah. PM me to join my secret club. Though nobody has found on of these suckers in like 3 months so I doubt anyone will ever read this. This is why I'm making it so long this time. Maybe it'll make it easier for people to find.[/color][/right][/size]

[size=1]White's a pretty cool cat. I see him as close to a brother as a Canadian online friend can be. We stopped chatting for a while, but recently we've been getting back into the habit of making fun of each other and I must say it's good times.

Did I mention the fact that he's the Event Master? Yeah, that gets him cool points, even though he'll never be as cool as Shy. But we love you still. ;D[/size]

[FONT=Arial]Perhaps I should actually discuss this thread's topic, since I've already posted (spam!) twice now and what.

I can't say as I have any favorite members. First off, I haven't been here long enough to merit having a 'favorites' list, but I don't usually play favorites anyway. That said, there are a few persons here that I like so far....

[B]T-Man[/B] ? What can I say? Mafia = teh pwnzorz.

[B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B] ? I challenge anyone to come up with a single good reason [I]not[/I] to like her. And should somebody do so, I will then hunt them down and kill them so hard they will die to death. :animesmil
[indent]...with no hard feelings, of course.[/indent]
[B]Clurr[/B] ? Damn, the chick can write. (I feel kind of weird for not having really interacted with her all that much, and then having her up here, but what have you.)

[strike][B]Dragon Warrior[/B] ? Might as well. Heck, everyone else seems to be drooling over him.[/strike] :p

[B]Adahn[/B] ? We've butted heads a bit, but I like him anyway. I also wonder if he's going to blither his head off one of these days, the way he plays the Devil's Advocate.

[B]kalon[/B] ? ....
[indent]...we clicked.[/indent]

Who's gotten popular? Couldn't say. I don't really pay attention to that stuff. ('Course, never IM-ing might have something to do with that....)

Wait a minute. Did somebody mention me? Forgive me this quirk, but I'd have to be a little skeptical about that one; I have seen no evidence to support such a notion. Besides, the thought of a fan-following makes me a little nervous. (I generally do the following, and usually the person I'm following doesn't know it.)

I do see several member echelons, if you will. You know, layers (cliqúes didn't feel right) of people that seem to kind of gel together. Like the RP circle: [COLOR=DarkRed]Matt[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]BKstyles[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Vicky[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Ozy J.[/COLOR], etc. YOu get the picture.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial][B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B] ? I challenge anyone to come up with a single good reason [I]not[/I] to like her. And should somebody do so, I will then hunt them down and kill them so hard they will die to death. :animesmil
[indent]...with no hard feelings, of course.[/indent][/FONT][/QUOTE]I'll second that. And help you with the hunt as well should it ever be needed. lol

And I'll also mention a member I recently talked to a bit via the pm system that is very nice and friendly. Peanut. She seems pretty down to earth and has the funniest link in her signature.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial][B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B] ? I challenge anyone to come up with a single good reason [I]not[/I] to like her. And should somebody do so, I will then hunt them down and kill them so hard they will die to death. :animesmil
[indent]...with no hard feelings, of course.[/indent][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[i]It's very very difficult for me to like someone who would let their daughter torture their own dog with awful costumery.[/i]

Unfortunately, I give up when faced with such trying circumstances, so bring it on, big boy. I would very much like to see what you have 'got', as it were.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Naming off members here reminds me of some spoiled girls in a room who are squealing, "Look at me! Look at me! Aren't I special?"

Friends come and friends go. I have some awesome memories of people with those AIM chats. I'm sure there are many people whom remember those chats. You know, Teh Silly Circus?

I made some excellent friends that I still have to this day. It is not a matter of popularity, but the memories you have of your friends you make, and friends you will make some day in the future.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86][COLOR=DarkRed']Naming off members here reminds me of some spoiled girls in a room who are squealing, "Look at me! Look at me! Aren't I special?"[/COLOR][/quote]
[size=1]I'm afraid I don't understand, considering we're talking about members we like, not flaunting our popularity.[/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Unfortunately, I give up when faced with such trying circumstances, so bring it on, big boy. I would very much like to see what you have 'got', as it were.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Heh. Why am I not surprised?

As you wish. I'll take my time, though; I want to savor this. Just remember: when it feels like absolutely no one is watching you, that's probably me.

And like I said, no hard feelings. It's an honor thing.[/FONT]

Oh you two! *pokes* That's hardly necessary. ;) If it helps any DeadSeraphim the dog has those silly costumes on maybe once or twice a year for pictures and the rest of the year which is 99.9% of the time she only wears her collar as it's required she have her tags for shots and personal info with her all the time.

Bichon's fur tangles to easily so it's not a good idea to leave them in clothing. Which is why she always looks so unhappy in the pictures, she rarely has them on and hates them. And that's not going to change since SunfallE grooms her for us for free and tangled fur is a pain to deal with for both the groomer and the dog. It's not even an argument since Aaryanna agrees with me.

As for the topic, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I tend to think of members in terms of whether or not their posts are fun to read, how polite and nice they are to fellow members. As well as if they post things that make me laugh. So if I really got down to it I could list quite a few people that I like here. But that's really not fair to the others who I wouldn't list, since many of them I either don't know or don't read the threads they post in since I don't read everything that goes up. So my list wouldn't be a true reflection of who's supposedly popular around here. Or of who I like or would like had I gotten the chance to know them.

• 3 weeks later...
Well my favorite members are Chibihorsewoman, Dagger and RiflesatReccess. I like them because well, they are who they are, funny a bit and they are witty. I also like DeadSeraphim. Since I don't come here often enough to notice trends I do not know who has become popular

[COLOR=Magenta][B]Ooo I feel a special rap coming on. xD

Yo how you doing, I'm here to discuss
Just because I'm rhyming, do not make a big fuss
Dagger knows all when it comes to anime
I like ze evolution that comes from James
Tiana, creative as can be
Katana, made all of Nom's avis
Desbresko, cuz he's got lah Master Sword
With White's events, none of us can get bored
Nerdsy be lah King of The Nerds
Charles knows it best, a picture's worth a thousand words
Gavin because, he's almost too intelligent
DeadSeraphim seems to be Des' Favourite
Ikillion, or however you spell his name
...Whoever made this crap up, I'm the one to blame

Dagger- Oh yes, I'm a big Dagg fan xD. She's very very very VERY intelligent when it comes to Anime, and she seems very smart in her numerous posts.

James- This is guy is like devoted to making the OB better. He's usually always trying to make the site better and etc. and I think that's really cool.

Keyblade Wielder (Tiana)- This has been my most favouritestestestest member since I got on the boards. She's always been a good friend of mine, and I've been her #1 fan for like ever.

Katana- In the beginning, Katana was my favourite artist, and she would always make me avis and banners of like...Sasuke, who I was currently obsessed with.

Des- Des is thah man. Even though he doesn't have the Link set anymore, you know he secretly is still a Zelda fanatic. He always has witty posts, not to mention he's the Site Admin. So. I'm totally not sucking up :p

White- The d00d is Canadian. Duh, he's kick butt. But I guess I have to go into is Canadian skills. So...He's a great artist, he always makes kewl events. Yay.

Nerdsy- I like dah pinkness. I like dah Alphanerdness. He fricking is like...Batman or something. Yeah.

Charles- Funniest guy on the OB. From the awesomeness that he made up...cAttitude, to all those pictures he comes up with...out of nowhere. How does he find all these funny pictures? Well, he's the Gawd of Internet Pics.

Gavin- Gavin seems very...smart. Intelligent more like. And not to mention "Interesting...Most Interesting.." That has been at the beginning of almost all posts since probably before Nomura came onto the boards. He's a SW fan, and a FF fan. How kewl is that?

DeadSeraphim- Just because I need something to rhyme there aha... I mean. Umm.... J/k. Ever noticed how short his posts are...while still keeping quality? That's true talent there. Yep. He's also Des' Favourite.

Ikillion- Well...Matt's kewl...Even though he's last, he's probably just one of my fave Favorourites...just because he puts up with all my crap that I tell him on msn. Yep.[/B][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, even though I'm not the most social person in the world, I, too, do think about a few OB members, some of which I've come to admire over the years at some point or another... Now, I mainly focus on the RPG section of OB, so I'll be talking about lots of RPG-related things:

[b]Raiha:[/b] Nowadays known as Neuvoxraiha, but most of my experience with her happened when she was still called Raiha. Back when the Adventure Square first opened and when the sparring section of it still existed, I saw her in those places a lot. And I think she was a very popular member at the time--in fact, I'm completely surprised that nobody who posted in this thread mentioned her so far. Anyways, I've always known her for adding a nice creative touch to her high-quality RPG posts, and in many cases a wonderful touch of spirituality into her characters. And she was also this way in the Battle Arena (I think that's what it was called--the sparring zone). She really dominated that section of OB back then--really into it. There was even one time when she and I had a spar, though it never finished. She and I were also in a few RPGs together, as I remember. But I think back then, I was admittedly jealous of her, and I think she even breathed down my neck a couple of times for things such as n00bism or just being whiny... But that was the old days. Now, I really admire her more than I did for all the above things. Sadly, now she's known as Neuvoxraiha and appears to be not half as active here as she was before... The only time I've ever seen her recently is occasionally in RPGs--she joined an RPG I made, and then I joined an RPG she also joined... but anyways...

[b]Box Hoy and Skitto:[/b] Rather little known-members who mainly stayed in the Adventure Square. I think they were the most well-known for a set of RPGs called the Realms series. That series was one of the very few RPGs I ever joined which actually got finished, and out of those finished ones, the Realms series was the absolute best. They and I and everyone else who joined really had fun with that RPG series--it was a true gem in all my experience with OB. I really sometimes admired Skitto for the sense of humour he often put into those RPGs, including one post that was so off-the-wall that Box Hoy said it was stupid, but I thought it funny and imaginative. (I will edit this when I find that post...) And as for Box Hoy... He wasn't a very sophisticated RPer, but I think he was very good at dealing with other people's characters and for really making things interesting. And he wasn't a very strict RPer at all. Ahh, words just cannot describe what a wonderful time I had with those two at that time. It's too bad they're no longer around...

[b]Vicky:[/b] Another OB member that I'm surprised nobody mentioned yet. A very popular member in the Adventure Square, especially--one that is still active and still makes excellent RPGs, many of which I have joined out of interest. It is saddening though, that Vicky is now on the last RPG, or so we all think... I have that one last RPG, with possibly the best signup I have ever made, out of thanks for good old Vicky.

EDIT:

[b]Takuya:[/b] D'oh--how could have I POSSIBLY forgotten about Takuya? He, like me, picked a username that is the the same as a character from Digimon. I really enjoyed joining several RPG's he made, including one memorable one called Intersection, which never started because I was the only one who joined... :animesigh But, I think he really hit it big time with quite a few Digimon RPG's, of course. I think he was best known for those, in fact. (And may I mention that when the Digimon forum existed, he was on there a lot? Not surprising!) I wouldn't exactly consider him to be the nicest person in the world, but still very interesting in a writing sense indeed. Anyways, one of the most memorable RPG moments I had with him was when he joined an RPG I created called "Digimon: A New Evil". He and I were the most active members in the RPG, and though our characters (and even us) disagreed with each other and had several arguments, it was altogether fun, something good to look back to. And not to mention, that was the only RPG I ever made that actually got finished. Thanks Takuya!

Ahh, I'm sure I'll think of more later on...