Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Sorry, but cake > pie. I know the truth hurts, but it has to be said.[/color][/quote]You just had to bring cake into this didn't you? Because when it gets down to it, cake and ice cream is heavenly. Pie is sort of meh. Unless you are talking about chocolate pie or pecan pie. Those two are almost as good as cake.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]So, what, Australia is the only nation in the world to eat predominantly savoury and meat-based pies? And small, snack sized ones at that.[/font][/color][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Dragon Warrior][size=1]No... because Michigan, USA is reknowned for eating meat pies. I, personally, don't like them. But I'm a pumpkin pie man myself :'][/size][/quote]
[font=comic sans ms]That's something new, and I've been living in Michigan all of my life. Unless we're talking about the hamburger pie, (that's the only meat pie I know of.) which my mom rarely cooks anymore.

I'm not much of a pie person, but every Thanksgiving, the only pie I would touch is Sweet Potato pie, and I only eat 1 slice of it so... I'm with Desbreko when it comes to cake > pies. Although all of the sweet stuff messes with my teeth, (sensitive teeth... so the dentist says...) so I just stay away from both of them.[/font]
Posted
[size=1]Must be certain areas of Michigan :] I'm more down on the lower peninsula near Lansing. But honestly, everywhere near here serves some kind of meat pie, it seems. Haha. I can't escape it![/size]
Posted
Being Australian, There is only one pie that I eat on a regular basis. That is the Australian Meat pie which is brilliant to eat while at the football.
Posted
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by[B] Desbreko[/B]
[COLOR=Navy]Sorry, but cake > pie. I know the truth hurts, but it has to be said[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I'm gonna have to agree with that. When it comes to pie, I'm really picky... maybe because of the flaky-dryness texture of it all. Cake is good all around. Apple pie is pretty good though.
Posted
[SIZE=1]I like pie better than cake. Pie is teh bestestness. The crust is my favorite part..or maybe the filling. I can't decide. Either way, I'd pick pie over cake anyday. Pwn.

Stawberry Rhubarb, cherry, pumpkin, apple, probebly any pie. Although Mencemeat Pie was never very appealing to me. Ick.

Edit: One other thing. Cake makes me feel sick afterwards, pie does not. I can pig out on pie. XD[/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]As long as a thread brings about quality discussion it has no need to be closed.

On Topic: All you cake people phail. Pie is obviously the victor... although I only like apple pie[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
The wise words Ikillion speaks are obviously true... pie is > then cake any day of the week and quite frankly im insulted that someone would say otherwise. Strawberry and Cherry pie would have to be my favorite but u can never forget good old pumpkin pie. Pie can go good after eating most things and it will still be amazing in every respect, but to me at least cake tends to loose something after eating some fewds =\
Posted
This thread has seriously knocked the wind out of me. I'm going to have to take a week-long break from OB or something, some sort of breather; a chance to reconcile with the fact that so many of you actually prefer other pastry items to pie. Or don't like pie at all. Or haven't ever even [i]had[/i] pie.





Seriously, guys. [i]Cake[/i]?
Posted
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=John]This thread has seriously knocked the wind out of me. I'm going to have to take a week-long break from OB or something, some sort of breather; a chance to reconcile with the fact that so many of you actually prefer other pastry items to pie. Or don't like pie at all. Or haven't ever even [i]had[/i] pie.





Seriously, guys. [i]Cake[/i]?[/QUOTE]Hehe, I don't know about the others, but I've definitely had plenty of pie, most of the time I make it myself no less. But hey, on the flip side I can understand what you are saying, after all...Seriously...[I]Pie?[/I] :p Though to be fair, pecan pie is definitely every bit as good as cake. Especially when I make it myself. Good stuff![/COLOR]
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
I'm not really a pie fan actually.....I never really liked pie, and some people called that blasphemy (my friends do) But my favorite pastry I have to say is red bean pastry from the Japanese marketplace I go to. Its awsome!! :animesmil and also the dumplings are good as well =3
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest carezo
Posted
Pie is good expectally blackberry yum
Posted
[FONT=Arial]I want to know why we're all stuck on the dessert subject. Shepherd's pie pwns you all.

[B]Edit:[/B] Except for [COLOR=DarkRed]PWNED[/COLOR]. No pun intended.[/FONT]
Posted
OMFG i didnt think this thread would last

lol the best pie i ever had was a mash potato, beans and cheese pie O...M...F...G :o the best ****ing pie in the world
Posted
[COLOR=HotPink][B]My personal favorite is actually...either Pumpkin Pie, or Sweet Potato pie.... I don't really like the warm fruit and stuff. It disgusts me. And yes...Chicken Pot Pies rock too. So does Icecream pies and Chocalate Pies! Indeed.


How could I forget? PIZZA. Pizza counts as pie. Italian Pie. Pizza kicks arse.[/B][/COLOR]
Posted
[B]Well Im a chocolate lover so any kind of pie that has to do with chocolate is my favorite:fudge,silk,oreo,etc. I really dont like the cooked pies. The ones that go in the fridge are the ones I will more than likely eat.[/B]
Posted
[COLOR=Magenta]I really only like one kind of pie and that's strawberry. There are so many strawberries and little crust that it's all good. I'm with Sazumechan on the whole cold pie things. I do like the ones that go in the fridge. They are much better tasting than having it warm.[/COLOR]
Guest tigerboy20
Posted
Yes pie is the best.......the very best......OK PIE IS GREAT!!!!! :animecry:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...