Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"]Hopefully this selection horrifies both Rach and Allamorph, if not... I'm going to be disappointed. But! I am listening to this by Aqua: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7yYh0VxyNs"][U]Barbie Girl[/U][/URL] Even though it's not really my thing, the lyrics to this song are hilarious to listen to. Heh.[/COLOR]
Posted
Right now I'm checking out the soundtrack to Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Crisco. I'm not really listening to one track in paticular as I'm just picking up snippets of each selection over at youtube to see if I want to bother to pick this album up or not.

So far the track I'm most interested in is the opening song since it's based on the original composition by Frédéric Chopin's Étude No.8 in E Op.10 No.3. I already have a copy of Rachmaninoff's second piano concerto that is used in the show.
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Picked up another album from Trapt recently, [b]Someone in Control[/b], not as good as their other album, but still pretty damn good overall.

Also Crys, epic fail with Barbie Girl.[/SIZE]
Posted
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Right now I'm listening to "Fine Again" by Seether and "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold....great songs :D[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]I'm listening to this song by Kamelot: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOe46HcHfbE"][U]Eden Echo[/U][/URL] I'm listening to my own cd though. Youtube is nice for getting acquainted with something, but most of the time the actual quality sucks. Anyway, it's a nice song I love some of the piano bits in it, they're so pretty. :catgirl:[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Youtube is nice for getting acquainted with something, but most of the time the actual quality sucks.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Agreed! I'm using my playlist though. It's to much trouble to get different CD's and use my CD player that is always out of battery power!:animeangr
Posted
At the moment it's [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kbHIpmHKY"][U]Mozart Violin Concerto No.5 1st mov[/U][/URL] Music to both sooth and possibly put you to sleep at the same time. Mozart's music tends to be almost too relaxing at times. This one though, I really love the violin part to it. It's so wonderfully expressive and pleasing to listen to.
Posted
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I bought The Black Parade today by My Chemical Romance. I admit, I really enjoy these guys. The CD is awesome, I especially love Disenchanted. But Famous Last Words is still my favorite MCR song.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I am currently hooked on Wind by Akeboshi and Viva La Vida by Coldplay. I know, my musical favorites change every day or so. And I've been told that my musical taste is c***** and mixed.:animecry: I feel so missunderstood! Ah, oh well...:animesigh
Posted
Lately harpsichord music has been what I find the most relaxing to listen to. So I am currently on this piece here: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiU8xQGr1yU"][U]Bach - Concerto for 3 Harpsichords in D minor[/U][/URL] I really like a number of these pieces by Bach that are either for two or three harpsichord's.
Posted
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Rachmaninoff'] I really like a number of these pieces by Bach that are either for two or three harpsichord's.[/QUOTE]Ha! How about ones written for four? I followed some of the links and this is an interesting piece, so I'm listening to it.[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sdaVX-K5j8"][U] Bach - Concerto for 4 Harpsichords in A minor[/U][/URL] Look at what you got me listening to Rach! o_O It is kind of pretty though.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][CENTER]I've been listening to a lot of songs lately.

[U]That Green Gentleman[/U] by Panic! At The Disco

[U]Rose of May[/U] from Final Fantasy IX (Yes. That song does actually have lyrics)

[U]Reset[/U] by Ayaka Hirahara

[U]Sound of Pulling Heaven Down[/U] by Blue October

[U]Saku[/U] by Dir en Grey

[U]Headstrong[/U] by Trapt

[U]With Me Tonight[/U] by The Used

[U]Shake It[/U] by Metro Station

[U]Melodies of Life[/U] from Final Fantasy IX

That's only a few. I'm too lazy to list off all of the songs I'm currently addicted to.[/CENTER][/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]At the moment I'm listening to

[B]Unholy Confessions[/B] by [I]Avenged Sevenfold[/I]
[B]I Kissed a Girl[/B] by [I]Katy Perry[/I]
[B]You Look So Fine[/B] by [I]Garbage[/I]
[B]Say it Ain't So[/B] by [I]Weezer[/I]
[B]Puttin on the Ritz[/B] by [I]Taco[/I][/FONT]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]I am listening to anything I can get my hands on right now that [I][B]isn' Country[/B][/I]. I am deluged?inundated, even?with that stuff at work every day for six hours, and on top of that it's the same twenty-odd dad-blasted songs.

Mostly I'm grasping for anything with kickin' guitar stuff, which made my fruitless search for Porcupine Tree today quite depressing.

Maybe my father will loan me some Chiliwack.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I am listening to anything I can get my hands on right now that [I][B]isn' Country[/B][/I]. I am deluged?inundated, even?with that stuff at work every day for six hours, and on top of that it's the same twenty-odd dad-blasted songs.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sounds like our two local Christian radio stations.

I've basically been sticking to the oldies stations lately. Mostly because they have Earth Wind and Fire among other awesome bands, but also because I'm tired of listening to Casting Crowns' latest mediocre offering fifty times a day.[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I am listening to anything I can get my hands on right now that [I][B]isn' Country[/B][/I]. I am deluged?inundated, even?with that stuff at work every day for six hours, and on top of that it's the same twenty-odd dad-blasted songs.[/FONT][/QUOTE]You poor thing. o_O I think I'd go nuts listening to that stuff that often.[I] Seriously[/I].

Anyway, my selection isn't all that original, I'm kind of in the mood for the silly song that goes along with the girls at the top of the pink theme.. Caramelldansen! >_>

Pink just rules, no question about it. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I am listening to anything I can get my hands on right now that [I][B]isn' Country[/B][/I]. I am deluged?inundated, even?with that stuff at work every day for six hours, and on top of that it's the same twenty-odd dad-blasted songs.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Kill the music system at your job! Kill it I say!

Anyway, I ordered a bunch of cd's so I am listening to one of my newest ones. There's just nothing like having a good solid copy for the sound quality. It never fails to amaze me at how horrid youtube sounds once you get the real deal. So I am listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcKqayUNts0"][U]Bless the child[/U][/URL]

Yes it's Nightwish... shut up Allamorph, I can hear you snickering. >_> It's your fault. Well indirectly since you recommended this next to Indi and she in turn mentioned it to me. Still, having the actual disk... the sound is just so sweet. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Right now I'm listening to The Ghost of You by My Chemical Romance, it's a pretty sad song. The video is good too, it's about D-Day and the guy in the video not being able to return home, pretty sad song. I also have to admit something... I have a woman-crush on Katy Perry! Her voice is so beautiful, and her looks are elegant.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
I pulled out my dual cd set of [B]Bach's The Well-tempered Clavier, Book II[/B]. No link this time. It's only got quite a bit of music on the two disks. Two and a half hours worth. I'm on disk one at the moment, when I finish that I'll pop in the second disk most likely.

Oh and Allamorph... >_> Beth is right... Kill the music system at your job. [I][SIZE="1"]*shudder*[/SIZE][/I]
Posted
[color=darkgreen][font=garamond]Hey I just found Devin Townsend and Strapping young lad, and I'm upset it took me this long in life to find them, frankly.

Here are some tracks that make me cry:

all hail the new flesh
deadhead
away
earth day
storm
funeral

And possibly many more.
[/font][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I pulled out my dual cd set of [B]Bach's The Well-tempered Clavier, Book II[/B]. No link this time. It's only got quite a bit of music on the two disks. Two and a half hours worth. I'm on disk one at the moment, when I finish that I'll pop in the second disk most likely.[/quote]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]See this is where I get to kill myself laughing because I have the books.

So now I can stumble on through them like any snot faced Chinese student. And since I was a Chinese snot faced student of piano, I can say it. ...I think I'll go kill myself now.

But on the other hand I discovered the [b]Missa Solemnis[/b] by none other than the Ludwig Von Beethoven. The link I have here is the Kyrie selection of the Mass, and I recommend it if only because in his memoirs, Beethoven says that his Missa Solemnis was one of his greatest works.

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=-uSME7Bv4JE&feature=related"]Missa Solemnis (D-Dur, opus 123) Kyrie[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...