Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Currently listening to [B]Id, Ego And Superego[/B] by [B]Transmission[/B]. Nice epic song (15:50) with a lot of transitions and changes, enhanced with guest vocals by Michael Sadler (former frontman of Saga).
Posted
[COLOR="hotPink"][SIZE="1"]What have I been listening to lately? Hmmm. [I]Let's see. [/I]

Sunny Day Real Estate, Bear vs. Shark, So Many Dynamos, and Foxy Shazam. All are amazing. That's [/SIZE]it.[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]I'm torn between [B]Hand of Sorrow[/B] by [B]Within Temptation[/B] and [B]I'm a Blonde[/B] by someone I can't remember, but it's in my favorites on youtube.
[/color][/QUOTE]

Go with Hand of Sorrow... ;)

Currently listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWDTAgoNXE"][U][B]Hard Life[/B][/U][/URL] by [B]Balance Of Power[/B]. Some nice melodic prog/AOR metal, with the always-good Lance King singing.
Posted
[quote name='TimeChaser']Go with Hand of Sorrow... ;)

Currently listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWDTAgoNXE"][U][B]Hard Life[/B][/U][/URL] by [B]Balance Of Power[/B]. Some nice melodic prog/AOR metal, with the always-good Lance King singing.[/QUOTE]


[color=#9933ff]Yeah I'm half addicted to [B]Hand of Sorrow[/B] I've practically commited it to memory. And I'll make sure to check out the song you posted. That said: Here's another one of my obsessions: [URL="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fcHVGcWhBU"]Ojos de Cielo[/URL] by [B]El Sueño del Morfeo[/B]

And yes I know it's not only spanish but also a Naruto AMV from Shippoden. But it fits so nicely.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]I've been listening to a load of [B]The Honorary Title[/B] and [B]One Republic[/B] lately. Both are on my list of favorites, and both are extremely out of character for me, but their music is just good. Last night I listened to [B]Tegan and Sara[/B] a lot. I love them. (Thank you [B]Clurr[/B], for getting me into them like two months ago. :D)

Also can't get over [B]So Many Dynamos[/B]. Amazing music, and kind of addicting. I keep listening to their album [I]Flashlights[/I] over and over and over again.

Other stuff that nobody here would particularly enjoy:
[B]Toru Okada, Gauge Means Nothing, 1905, Hot Cross, and Fashion Show[/B].[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Don't ask. Someone showed this to me earlier today and I just can't seem to stop playing it in the background. It's just too damn chirpy and addictive, and reminds me of the first videogames I played as a kid of the NES.

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Atari 800 XL - Passionately"]tiX8Ba2L4u0[/YOUTUBE][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Posted
Currently tuned to the only music station I listen to anymore, Progulus Radio (online).

Listening to the first of two requests this afternoon, [B]The Grimalkin[/B] by [B]Noekk[/B], a mix of quiet piano passages and heavy doom-rock.

Second request is [B]A Fair Trade[/B] by [B]Sun Caged[/B].
Posted
[color=#9933ff]Right now I picked a bunch of favorite videos from youtube and am listening to them (currently as I type it's [B]Canadian Idiot[/B] by [B]Weird Al[/B] after that it should be [B]Simple and Clean[/B] by [B]Utada Hikaru[/B].)

I'm just bored and need something to inspire my writing. I think I also stuck [B]Truth Beneath the Rose[/B] by [B]Within Temptation[/B] and [B]End of the Innocence[/B] by [B]Don Henley[/B] in there.[/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Been in a major mood for some [B]Saga[/B] lately, currently listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx7XbV82JfQ&feature=related"][B][U]On The Loose[/U][/B][/URL].

One of the very few bands from the 80s I enjoy. Great keyboard-heavy music from Canada.
Posted
[FONT=Arial]I'm [I]trying[/I] to listen to "Orbitals" by Acroma, but this dad-blasted campus is so idiotic with its bandwidth that I can't listen to anything ever after 7:00 Sunday through Friday.

Good song, though. I may look into getting the album.[/FONT]
Posted
Listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU8BCURTXcM&feature=related"][U][B]Building A Wall[/B][/U][/URL] by [B]Starbreaker[/B].

Been waiting for their new CD to become available in a cheap copy (as opposed to an expensive import) and my patience was rewarded today.
Posted
[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Sarabande Suite (Aeternae) ? Globus"]AeSOO8Alb1U[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[FONT=Arial]I think I'm almost as excited about this as I am about finding out E.S. Posthumus released their second album. (^_^)

Almost.[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Right now it's waffling between two of the sexiest coolest ladies making music out there.

Sarah Fimm's ethereal and transcendent "Mercury" and then on a totally and completely different note the riot grrl music by Angelspit.

Destroyx is a fun creature, and her songs promote the bucking of typical female stereotypes such as what I call Doormatism, Anorexica, etc. Plus she scathingly savages over consumerism, conservativism, survivalism, etc. I recommend the following songs: "Wolf" "Kill Kitty" and "Skinny Little *****" [IMG]http://www.popdeurope.de/images/2007/dj_destroyx_300px.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] sent me a link to some music so it's what I'm listening to at the moment. Once I'm done with this song: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMoJWSjuDKk"][U]Mosane Pi ,E.S. Posthumus[/U][/URL] I'll probably follow some of the other links for other songs by the same group.

Though I'm pretty sure I've heard it before at one point since it sounds so familiar. Or perhaps it's only because I'm sure Allamorph pointed me in the direction of their other album Unearthed at one time.
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]Their music is so pretty Darren. I've been following the links after checking out the one you posted. I really like this one from that album: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-M5ZxpVgbU"][U]Vorrina Pi - E.S. Posthumus[/U][/URL] It's just so soft and soothing. The melody and the occasional choral work is well done.[/FONT]
Posted
Enjoying some [B]Riverside[/B] right now, particularly the song [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBOUycyQEq4&feature=related"][U][B]Schizophrenic Prayer[/B][/U][/URL]. It's steady beat and tribal-sounding elements make it very hypnotic.
Posted
More stuff by Bach, as in this piece here: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAV1ZdLFW2o"][U]Bach - Harpsichord Concerto in D Minor[/U][/URL] This is only the first movement but I believe the rest is there if you just follow the links. Just a nice piece by Bach.
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Currently listening to a lot of [I]Metric [/I](they're Canadian!, especially Hustle Rose. I just love it when everything stops for a second time, the guitar kicks in and then the drums follow. It gets me every time. :animenose

I couldn't find any of the recorded versions of the song on YouTube but I did find a good live one. It's not as good live but still pretty impressive (download the song if you can).

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Fixedys"]Listen to and fall in love with this song![/FONT][/SIZE]
[youtube="Hustle Rose - Metric"]8LDyagLz9LU[/youtube][/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[size=1]The coolest live version of one of my favourite songs ever. The ending to it is great.

[youtube="Outsiders - Franz Ferdinand"]jbsOPl0WMFg[/youtube][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Boo'][size=1]The coolest live version of one of my favourite songs ever. The ending to it is great.[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]My friend showed me that video a couple months ago and I was blown away by it. If you listen at the end the bass drum starts into "[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFsE3nJe_E]This Fire[/url]" and you can time the two videos right to make it seamless, haha.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hmmm... I feel videos would more accurately describe what I'm listening to.

Just to bug the hell out of 'Gome....

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Jade Curtiss has a Jar of Dirt"]qEHGxqyojOY[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

Raiha sent me this one and I can't get it out of my head...
[CENTER]
[YOUTUBE="Courtney Pine- I've Known Rivers (4 Hero Remix)"]4OctC7nnkAs[/YOUTUBE]

[/CENTER]

That is all.[/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...