OtakuBoards

Why do you stay at OtakuBoards?

Rachmaninoff

I think the title says it all, what is it about this place that keeps you coming back? What is it that you find fun and enjoyable? I can think of lots of things, but probably the number one thing is friends I have here at OtakuBoards, since some of those friends are why I even joined in the first place.

You could also say I like the lack of immature flaming and catfights that I?ve seen at other forums. I also like the post quality since it?s fun to see more than just a few lines of I like so and so. I like how people tend to explain things a little better than just a simple statement.

It?s diverse in the sense that there?s almost always something fun going on that I enjoy, especially since I like doing rpg?s. But still, even though there are days when it?s a little slow, I still like coming to the boards.

In the end, the main thing that keeps me here is all the friends I?ve made. How about the rest of you? I've been thinking about it since in a short bit I will have been here for an entire year. Though it seems like only yesterday that I joined this place. XP

I don't think there really is anything that keeps me here anymore. Like my Otakupedia entry states, I'm the member that has been largely overlooked. Perhaps that's because I've changed my name so often, or the lack of a more prolific posting frequency in later years. I'm not too sure.

I still hang around from time to time, but other than an occasional glance, I think OB is done for me. It kind of gets tiring to post and post and get little in return. I know that seems incredibly self centered, but meh, I've got to the point where I just don't care anymore.

[color=crimson]I am primarily here for the cries of attention.

Also, I think OtakuBoards has a very colorful range of people contributing to it.

There are differing religions, nationalities, age groups, political spectrums, and interests at work here. The debates, while easily a target of jokes, do represent a very broad range of people's points of view.

I have been here since V3, and I have talked with many different people. It has been an enjoyable and interesting affair.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I like it because of the post quality. Other boards i've been to have crappy post quality and it's just a waste of time. Why even post something if all your saying is, "omg, lol, i fel teh same!"

I'm also complacent. I like the feel and look of OB. The people that post here aren't all morons either. Though.... i do find me some from time to time! ::glare::

Nah, i'm kidding.

And there are decent debates from time to time.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]I have been here since V3, and I have talked with many different people. It has been an enjoyable and interesting affair.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]QFT.

It's pretty much the same reasons now as have always kept me on OB, I enjoy interacting with the vast majority of people on the boards and I very much enjoy role-playing here, even though it's not as active as it used to be. [/SIZE]

I like it just because it's different. Whether you like the rules here, the general posting style, the people, and how they interact with each other, it's at least a huge change from other forums. It's really just too peculiar for me to ignore.

[FONT=Arial]This thread seems familiar.....

Actually, I don't really go to any other forums. I found something that worked and I stuck with it. (That and I am an intorrwebz n00b. :p)

Why do I stay? Well, the ratio of stupid people to real people is rather small[SIZE="1"]*[/SIZE], and I like that. I don't deal well with stupid people.

Oh, wait! I remember now! This is like an intelligent version of [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56316"][COLOR="Blue"][U]this[/U][/COLOR][/URL] thread. Hooray. :animesmil

[SIZE="1"]* I.e., (stupid people)/(real people) [U]<[/U] 0.025.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff]I stay here currently pretty much because I have fond memories of a few of the members that are still around from when I joined. It's nice to see them still here. *waves at Ken*

And despite OtakuBoards inactivity as of late, I still think this is a really nice space on the internet to hang out. As people have said, it has good grammar and a real lack of drama. OB was one of my first message boards, but now that I've seen others, I really appreciate how it is run by the mods and conducted by the members. Some of the lolita lj communities I'm on really need to tone down the drama and improve on the grammar. It's so [i]nice[/i] to come to OB and not have to watch every single teeny word or passing comment that I make. We can [i]joke[/i] on OB and not have people flip out or take it the wrong way! And compared to other places I've been, this is a major accomplishment.

I also really, really appreciate the moderators and the way in which they conduct themselves and remind members of the rules. You have no idea how annoying it is to be "modded to" by non-mods who think they're special, or to have moderators who cause unnecessary drama, or are innefective in general. I love all of you guys for being professional, enforcing the RULES of the board (seriously, especially the "don't mod for the mods" rule), and generally being cool. I <3 you.

And lastly, I'm also on OB because it's a great way to procrastinate writing your essay for finals. :D[/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Who wouldn't to be part of the forum that sniffs it's own farts more than any other on the internet? XD

I'm here for... the people. Premonition, Dagger, Desbreko, Konata, Jakehammeren, Goodbye, Face, Kam, My Troupe of RP Buddies (you know who you are), the lovely Fyxe, and probably a couple others. Just, you know, people I know pretty well that I won't find elsewhere. Yall bastards have tied me here! XD[/COLOR]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Why do I stay at OB? The question is, why not? The place is probably a step above all other forums in the aspect that the posting quality is infiinitely times better. I've helped mod other forums and anytime you see a post that is more than a few lines long, it's often overlooked and dismissed. This place is different, because everyone pretty much has more than few lines worth of opinion on whatever subject it is.

I also enjoyed the RP's for a certain amount of time, but now I find them a little time consuming. Someone is really gonna have to convince me that this is something worthwile again in order for me to return there, but for now I'm content posting outside of the RP realm.

James has to be one of the reason I come back too. He is a mastermind in running a website and keeping its standards high through multiple revisions. He also is a very active Admin because he posts so often on many different subjects...which shows his "Grass Roots" appeal. Most Admins only post in areas of extreme confilct and when people are seriously messing up the place. James keeps that to a minimum and we all are pretty much cool with each other.

Also, I come back for you people. I don't have to mention names, they already know how I feel about them. For those I haven't taken the time to meet, sincerest apoligize, maybe we'll become friends in the future. Rock on, OB.....ROCK ON.[/FONT]

[font=arial][size=1]I'm kind of here for the same reasons as Ken. I've been around since Version 3, and that was back when I was 11 or 12 years old, something like that. Putting it in those terms, it's been a part of my life for alllmost half of my life. I tried to leave at one point, but it only lasted a year before Dragon Warrior dateraped me and I woke up at OB with a sore butthole. I LEARNED MY LESSON.

The people here are pretty amazing, there's a few people who would be missing teeth if we met in real life but they're really not that bad either. I owe a lot of friendships and life changes to this site and I'm glad it's here.[/font][/size]

[color=darkred]I'm here because I got hooked on the Arcade, or as it was called back then, Play It. In my opinion it's the number one place on the web to chat about video games because everyone has a proper opinion on something no matter how trivial the issue is.

Then again, I think all of OB is like that as well.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I'm here to kick *** and take names.[/color][/QUOTE]

And the man does his job well.

I'm here because it's the first step in my ultimate goal of global domination, although I'm not sure how.

Okay, so the basic userbase is pretty enjoyable. I've met a lot of people who I consider friends or rivals here. I always enjoy a good debate, which happens a lot here. Even if I may disagree with a lot of users here, I can usually respect their stance and value their opinion as a statement just as important as my own. Although, the place slows down once in a while and I have become an active member of another board as well, I can always come back here because there are people here who know my personality well enough to actually be able to tell when I'm serious. In general, I just can't get enough of this place. On slower days, I find myself refreshing the main page over and over just to find a new thread to post in.

[font="trebuchet ms"] I come here as a habit, now. I've been here for 4 or 5 years, I think, and I just always come around to OB whenever I'm on the internet. I haven't really made friends on OB, and I don't really participate as heavily as I did, but OB is a pretty quality forum compared to everything else out there. :p Which I guess means OB is addictive. [/font]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]So many reasons... but friends is definitely up there at the top of the list. I've got quite a few here so I can't imagine not stopping by. And as others have said, I like how we can have just about any topic and it's rare for the fights or arguments to get out of hand. Admittedly we put an end to any fights, but really, they don't happen a lot to begin with. ^_~ Then there's the rpg's that I'm addicted to doing and the list goes on.

I've tried out a few other forums and places, but so far, I've yet to find one that I like as much as I like this place. I always stop by here, where the other sites? Those are more of an occasional drop in instead of a regular stop like OB is. I come here so often that I've got my browser set up to open up multiple tabs when I launch it and OB is the home page for one of the tabs. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"]I've been here for 4 or 5 years, I think, and I just always come around to OB whenever I'm on the internet. I haven't really made friends on OB, and I don't really participate as heavily as I did, but OB is a pretty quality forum compared to everything else out there. :p Which I guess means OB is addictive. [/font][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]Same, just lesser years lol. I also come here because of Arcade, to see everybodies take on games and whatnot. (Though, I really don't care about many opinions lol.)

I haven't made many friends here even though, I haven't made an effort to seek friendship so... "shrugs". I don't really participate in much because my brain goes dead before I can ever come up with something to say. I also tend to stay away from all the debates since I'm no good in debates, and I have better things to do than argue over something that don't mean much to me anyway :).

I mainly come here to just chill out, and it's better than all the forums that I used to go to.[/COLOR]

I enjoy the boards because it isn't filled with lame threads that flame, insult or just put something/someone down just to be catty. The topics, as well as the members here, are quite interesting. I've made quite a few friends here and I just like being on the OtakuBoards.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well it seemed like a good idea at the time.....

.......but now I realize I do it because watching pseudo debates in the Lounge is funny. Being an immortal sorceress RPGs is hilarious. And making fanboys eat from the palm of my hand is a riot.

Of course on the other hand I like writing, and every now and then when given a good prompt, I produce something I can read without wincing. That and looking back, my writing's improved since I joined in what? 2001? Yeah. That's it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I guess the reason I keep coming back is because this was the first message board I became involved with on a regular basis. And since that time I haven't found many others who hold to this level of quality like I get here on the OB. Not to mention the friends I've made here. Though I'm sure I've made my share of enemies as well. Even though they might not admit to it, I know of a few people on here who don't particularly care for me much. And to be honest, I'm fine with that. It'd be boring if I only had friends here. Believe it or not, I like arguing with people and just breaking off on long tangent rants.

Next I must say that the RPing here is top quality as well. I've gotten to be involved in a whole montage of wild and wonderful RPs with some really creative people who are just so much fun to play with. Sure I've met a few who were a little sub par and the overly anal, but over all I've had mostly good experiences.

[color=#4B0082]Okay, since it isn't 2:00 AM this time, I guess I'll elaborate a bit on my previous post.

I'm here firstly because I like internet forums. I've joined quite a few over the years but the reason I've stuck with OB is because it's one of the few that I actually care to post on regularly, rather than simply lurking and reading. It's got a pretty close knit and relaxed atmosphere, which I always like in online communities, but it also caters to people who actually know how to write a coherent post. When it comes down to it, I simply like OB more than any other forum I've been to.

I also enjoy being part of the staff here. Which is good, because I've been a staff member for a large majority of the time that I've been a member. I've especially enjoyed my time as an admin and getting to work on stuff like the software upgrade to vB 3.6 and working with James on the new Indigo skin. I like fixing problems and keeping things running smoothly, as well as adding new stuff for people to use like custom bb tags or putting new avatars in the gallery. So being an admin is the other big thing that keeps me here.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, I did leave for a while, but it was only because a witch turned me into a newt.

I got better. Well, I got back to being me anyway, better is such a subjective word.

Honestly though, the OB is a utopia compared to most internet forums. I guess I just came to the realization that if I was going to waste time on the internet, I might as well do it somewhere I like.[/color]

I stay here because of the great RPGs, the friends and...well...everything! I've only been here a little over a year but I just love this place. Even though somethings go slow, I still come here to see what's up. I stay for the fun, laughter, and the humor all of you guys have to offer. It also helps me to destress when I need it. [and I do get stressed out a lot]. To me everyone here is like a big family to me. I just can never leave them or I just want to hit them. Just kidding. But pretty much, all I'm here for is to kick back and enjoy myself and make myself known among all of you.