OtakuBoards

Your OtakuBoards Routine

Ellerby

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So, you've just woken up or gotten home from school or work or what have you and you sit down at your computer desk, log in and click the bookmark for OtakuBoards. What do you do first?

For me, I always start with clicking "Subscribed Threads." This is the equivalent of checking my e-mail and seeing all those "reply to thread - yadda yadda" notes but I get so many of those these days that I just delete them. So once I've looked through my subscribed threads that have been posted in I move onto looking for new or interesting threads.

When you are looking through OtakuBoards which sections do you hit up first? Last?

The first forum I check is always Arcade. This is probably a habit I picked up from when I was the Mod and would always check there first but it has stuck with me even after that. After that, I usually either check out the Auditions/Backstage for a new RP or the Art Studio/Art by Request for something to create (I really need to make a new worm entry soon...).

I would say the next thing I do is just look at the most recent topics to see if anything catches my interest. Usually there's a title that does so I check that out and go from there.

I don't know how but I could probably sit on OtakuBoards for hours straight without getting bored (not that I would want to, I do have a life you know!). There's so much to do and post about.

So, what about you guys? What's your OtakuBoards Routine?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I click the bookmark that says "OtakuBoards - Otaku Lounge".
I browse the Lounge for something that may or may not interest me.
If it does, I read it until I realize that I am no longer interested.
If it doesn't, I read it until I'm even more uninterested.
& sometimes I'm truly interested.
That's when I reply!

Then I go back to facebook. XD[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So, what about you guys? What's your OtakuBoards Routine?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Other than to visit and post... I don't think I have one yet. o_O Other than looking to see if there are new posts in the threads I'm subscribed to. Other than that, it just depends on what catches my eye, or if a section has new posts in it at all. I usually find something since there's a lot of stuff to check out, especially since people will refer to something in their post and I have no idea what it means. So I end up asking [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi [/COLOR]what it means and then checking out the thread in question. XP [/FONT]

Well, first I look at the little box on the forum home page thingy that tell me if I have any new PMs. Then I usually just look at the most recent threads and decide if I'm interested in posting. After a while, I usually just check to see who's online and look at their profiles. Then I'll check if anyone posted in the the thread that I previously posted in. It basically goes on like that for a bit.:animeswea

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Normally I will hop on, check out my PM's and answer anything of concern. Then I'll check the Lounge for the threads that I have posted in or for anything new and interesting. Then I'll check the Amphitheater for the same topics.

After that I check the Auditions and Backstage like 8bit does for new RPGs or ideas and the Anthology as well for any replies to The Hit or Contracts. Then I'll either write something for The Hit or an RP I'm in. Then I usually repeat the process depending on new posts or conversations in my active threads.

Normally I'll jump on atleast once a day unless I'm in the midst of one of my hiatuses. Usually, I'll keep OB on a tab while browsing during the night and check in every so often in between MySpacing and reading stuff on Wikipedia (or just watching TV, being that I have a laptop).

So yup.[/color][/size]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]The first forum I check is always Arcade. This is probably a habit I picked up from when I was the Mod and would always check there first but it has stuck with me even after that.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]I can relate to that. I always check the Lounge first for the same reason. Then I end up checking my subscriptions, pm's, etc. Once I finish that I move to anything else that catches my interest. No particular order, just whatever section has something in it that looks interesting.

[color=#4B0082]The first thing I look at are my PMs, if I have any new ones, since I have it set to give me a pop-up notice for them. Next I check the staff forum for new posts and deal with things from those two in order of priority. Secret staff business always comes first. :o

Then I look in the Information Kiosk for new [strike]drama[/strike] posts and respond there if needed.

Next up is checking the Graphic Worm for new entries. If there are any I download them and update my local copy of its web page to include them and make sure they match up well. On Mondays and Fridays (or thereabouts if I've been busy/lazy) I also update the live version of the page to include new pieces.

After that I browse through any new posts that interest me in Anime Central and the Arcade, followed by the Lounge and maybe the Anthology.

And, finally, if I have a project going (like adding a new bb tag, new avatars, the Caramelldansen skin, etc.), I work on that if I have time.[/color]

If there aren't any annoying pop-ups for new private messages, I click on Otaku Lounge. If there are new posts to the threads I've posted in I go there. If I didn't post recently I scan through the threads, read those those that interest me, and then I finally click on today's posts. Scan. Uninterested? I click on who's online and stay there for the next half hour. Go to achaea or youtube. Anything interesting on youtube? I post in Aceburners thread. Once in a blue moon I go to the other sub forums. However I seem to only post in Otaku Lounge lately. Strange.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Pm's if I have any come first, then staff business followed by the section I moderate. Which means I start with the Manga Alley and work my way from there through all the posts in the AV District. Then, I tend to just move my way through the rest of the boards. I don't always check everything in all the sections, but I do check out what interests me in each area.

I do subscribe to threads, but I tend to not even bother to use that function so I often wonder why I bother to subscribe. I suppose it's handy for finding something older that I was interested in that no longer gets posted in.

Anyway, once I'm done posting in things that interest me and do a bit of Des stalking, I'm done. Though I often lurk while I'm doing school work and other things and I'll check back from time to time to see if there is anything new going on. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]When I first became mod, I used to go to Arcade first. Then a little bit later on down the line it became Staff forums first, that is if there's anything new there...

Now it's been more like
-Anime
-Manga
-Arcade
-Sometimes the Amphit..(dangit, that movie, music area) section and the Lounge
-Done

Very rarely will I go to other section of the forums now. (Just me becoming a little tired of forums in general) And then there have been cases where I would just lurk around while searching for something to do.

I just started with the subscribe feature, although, I don't know why when I know I'm not going to use it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Well, after typing "ot" in the URL bar and pressing down and enter, I come online hoping for the pop-up indicating a new PM. Of course, there is none, because the only reason people send me PMs is because I'm a moderator, but basically people only PM moderators when something is going on in their area. Which leads me to number two: Art Studio. I check if there's new posts. If so, I'll open up the forum in a new tab. The same goes for the Staff forum and the Information Kiosk.

One of my most basic things in the routine is trying to keep the Graphic Worm up to date. I noticed that I sometimes fail in that, though. :(

The Backroom also often has it's tab, to look for upcoming RPs or something, but most of the time there's nothing to interest me.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Besides stalking Des? Lets see... Like other mods I always check my area and the staff one first, and any pm's I may have. Once I'm done with that I look at my subscribed threads to see if there are any new posts. From there I just go to different areas of the boards based on whether or not there are any new posts to check out. Sometimes it's the Lounge I check first, sometimes it's the Arcade... it just depends on activity. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I don't really have an OB routine anymore. Its kind of sad I guess. I used to post a lot more back in the day.

I used to visit every forum, for the most part. Art was always the first, then the general discussion, anime, video games. Although now days its become The Lounge, mainly. I'll glance over at the art forum now and again but the place is practically dead. I remember when it was booming, but no one comments anymore, so its not interesting.

PMs I never bother to look at because I never get any. I used to a lot more; I still have birthday wishes from Dragonballzman, Boo, and other awesome people from 2001 stashed in there, lol.

[Edit: Comment to Fasteriskhead below me. I love your avatar! Isn't that from Microsoft chat or something? LOL. Man I miss that.][/SIZE]

[size=1][COLOR="Navy"]Ah routine. I feel like mine's been the same for many years. I jump straight to the bottom, sometimes checking who's online before clicking on Theater and checking out all three sections (ie. Auditions, Theater itself, and Backstage) to see if there's anything new or interesting going on.

After that it's kinda free, I'll wander around and see if anything sticks out. Usually I'll look into the Lounge or S&F (Kiosk), and now and then I'll check out the Art Studio, which is mostly to see the progression of the Graphics Worm.

That's pretty much it, but when I'm bored with nothing to do I just go into all the different forums to see if I can add any input.[/COLOR][/size]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]

For the past few months, I've been a lurker. I've posted a few times this week, though. Hoorah.

First, I read new posts in the Amphitheater.
After that I mosey on over the the Arcade.
Then I waste the rest of my life in the Lounge.

I used to go the the Art Studio and Anime Central and bum around, but I haven't really had much time lately.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Though I don't have the time to post half as much as I did years ago. I still follow the basic routine. I check whose online and what they're doing (To make sure I don't RP or post somewhere someone already is) Check my messages, and then proceed to check the lounge for anything new to post in.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]My routine always starts with pm's, staff business if there is any and then the Lounge followed by the Information Kiosk, since posts relating to theOtaku get posted there and I moderate for that site too. Once I've dealt with all of that I start looking at my subscriptions for all the stuff I'm a part of. Like the rpg's I'm in and other threads I follow just because they're fun. After that, it's whatever catches my eye so the section I go to next always varies.

Some of the best fun comes from seeing who's online, because often if they are online, they'll also be signed into AIM and chats with fellow OB members is one of my favorite things to do. They're always so random and silly and lots of fun. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]After actually opening the index page on my browser, my routine for OB depends on the day in question, usually I'll tab open the Theatre and it's sub-forums as well as the Anthology and check out a few threads that have new posts, or have caught my interest. After I'm finished reading/replying, I tend to move on to the Lounge and do the same again.

Occasionally I'll drop by the Amphitheatre and Arcade, but probably no more than once or twice a week. Art Studio gets a look in everyone once in a while as well.

Friday and Saturday are a bit different, as usually I've just had my manga fix for the week, and the Manga Alley finally has a few new posts that I check out and reply to. It's a pity really, when TwistedChick was still around, there was a lot more activity in that forum.

While this is all going on of course, seeing as it's evening time for me, I'll be engaged in several different AIM conversations, which tend to be quite fun and animated. And that's pretty much my routine.[/SIZE]

[size=1][font=verdana][color="#CC6633"]I usually check my PM inbox which usually reads about 100,000 a day, you know trying to keep up with the fanbase and all. When thats not distracting me, probably looking at Otaku Lounge. I rarely reply due to excessive laziness or if a thread interest me.

And then probably heard over to the Arcade, probably for the same reason Lrb8 does for the simple fact that I was a mod way back when Hardwired and the PC/MAC lounge existed. I'd love to see more activity in there like the good ol' days, ahh...I hope to post more in there soon enough! Other then that, I'll check out the auditions and new rpgs that are up.

And then I set out to conquer OB and it's many members and ship them off to a desolate island. Where I rule as Captain and everyone is a slave. And then my plan usually ends up in failure and I walk off into the sunset only to come back the next morning with yet another evil scheme.

Ahhh..OB. How I [strike]loathe[/strike] love you so. [/size][/font][/color]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Let's see....First thing I do when I pop on OtakuBoards is check to see who's online, which helps dictate what I'll do next. If I'm part of an RP and someone is on who is part of it, I'll pop into the Theatre and see if they've posted. Otherwise, I usually hit Anthology first, then the Backstage, the Auditions, and then the actual Theatre.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]After that, it's wherever I feel like it, generally based on the most recently posted in topic (often the Lounge or the Arcade). I pop in and out of the Anime and Ampitheatre a lot, even if I don't post often.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][size=1][font=verdana][color="#CC6633"]And then I set out to conquer OB and it's many members and ship them off to a desolate island. Where I rule as Captain and everyone is a slave. And then my plan usually ends up in failure and I walk off into the sunset only to come back the next morning with yet another evil scheme.[/size][/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www-personal.umich.edu/~rorder/brain.gif[/IMG]

[I]Yeeesss!!![/I]