Sangome Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [SIZE="1"]I hardly ever see movies in theaters, maybe once a year, that's about it. But now there's an explosion all of the sudden. Saw Ponyo on Friday [finally], we're going to see 9 tomorrow [opening day, no less], and I may see the Eureka Seven movie next week. ...oh, and October has a two-week-only Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature, and THEN December has The Princess and the Frog. .....................AND I saw Up back in June. I know people go to movies, like, every week...but yeesh. This is a lot for me. @_@[/SIZE]
ChibiHorsewoman Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]I hardly ever see movies in theaters, maybe once a year, that's about it. But now there's an explosion all of the sudden. Saw Ponyo on Friday [finally], we're going to see 9 tomorrow [opening day, no less], and I may see the Eureka Seven movie next week. ...oh, and October has a two-week-only Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature, and THEN December has The Princess and the Frog. .....................AND I saw Up back in June. I know people go to movies, like, every week...but yeesh. This is a lot for me. @_@[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My sister-in-law gets me in for free so nya! :p[/color][/font][/size]
jomz Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My sister-in-law gets me in for free so nya! :p[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE] :O Free, eh? Nya~ indeed... hahahaha... *hides from Miss A.*
chibi-master Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 .....My. Heels. Are. Killing. Me. I think I have a blister or something on the left one from running around all day... *bangs head against wall*
Allamorph Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [FONT=Arial]Ahh, engineering is so relaxing..... =D[/FONT]
Japan Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 I really hate having to go to movies alone all the time. Here we come, 9...all by my lonesome.
Sangome Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [SIZE="1"]And here I can't see 9 today because everything under the sun forced us to reschedule. Oh well. Still get to see it tomorrow.[/SIZE]
chibi-master Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 I had contact with a senior today. Did not go well. I was sitting in the very back of the bus and this group of girls walks up. The blonde one says, "Okaaay, I don't know what's going on, 'cause, like, the seniors sit in the back!" I was silent, and tried to ignore her, and her friend says, "Hey, you don't even know what grade she's in! Hey, what grade are you in?!" ".....Actually, I'm a fresman, so I guess she's right," I answered. She replied with, "Oh. My. Gawd. You did [B]not[/B] just give me attitude!" Yeah, I am going to get along REALLY well with some of these people...:rolleyes:
James Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [quote name='chibi-master']I had contact with a senior today. Did not go well. I was sitting in the very back of the bus and this group of girls walks up. The blonde one says, "Okaaay, I don't know what's going on, 'cause, like, the seniors sit in the back!" I was silent, and tried to ignore her, and her friend says, "Hey, you don't even know what grade she's in! Hey, what grade are you in?!" ".....Actually, I'm a fresman, so I guess she's right," I answered. She replied with, "Oh. My. Gawd. You did [B]not[/B] just give me attitude!" Yeah, I am going to get along REALLY well with some of these people...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE] [font=franklin gothic medium]So did you stay sitting in the back? Oh, and I just have to add as a general comment... why is there no [b]Ponyo[/b] thread in Anime Central? Shouldn't that be some sort of crime?[/font]
Sangome Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, and I just have to add as a general comment... why is there no [b]Ponyo[/b] thread in Anime Central? Shouldn't that be some sort of crime?[/font][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]And here I thought movies, even anime, were supposed to go to Sight & Sound...[/SIZE]
Rachmaninoff Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 Interesting avatar Allamorph. =P It feels like I've seen it before and not at lolcats. [QUOTE=chibi-master]I had contact with a senior today. Did not go well. I was sitting in the very back of the bus and this group of girls walks up. The blonde one says, "Okaaay, I don't know what's going on, 'cause, like, the seniors sit in the back!" I was silent, and tried to ignore her, and her friend says, "Hey, you don't even know what grade she's in! Hey, what grade are you in?!" ".....Actually, I'm a fresman, so I guess she's right," I answered. She replied with, "Oh. My. Gawd. You did [B]not[/B] just give me attitude!" Yeah, I am going to get along REALLY well with some of these people...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]I hope you stayed in the back. :D
Nerdsy Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, and I just have to add as a general comment... why is there no [b]Ponyo[/b] thread in Anime Central? Shouldn't that be some sort of crime?[/font][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]So make one yourself. : p[/color]
chibi-master Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 Not only did I stay in the back, but I told them to just suck it up because that's where I'd be sitting the rest of my high school years.
chibi-master Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Boo'][size=1]It was nice knowing you, chibi.[/size][/QUOTE] They're just a bunch of ditzy girls. I can't really imagine them being able to hurt me in any way. Spreading nasty rumors is not going to get me bruised and bloody.
Skye Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='chibi-master']They're just a bunch of ditzy girls. I can't really imagine them being able to hurt me in any way. Spreading nasty rumors is not going to get me bruised and bloody.[/QUOTE] [size=1]Go for it, babe. :] Show 'em who's boss. Girls like that are all bark and no bite.[/size]
chibi-master Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Girls like that are all bark and no bite.[/size][/QUOTE] It's actually more of a moany whining sound that induces the urge to slap them.:p Aaargh... My stupid bus dropped me off at school 5 minutes before first period started. And my first class is waaay on the exact opposite side of the school than where my locker's at. But I made it there with a minute to spare.:animesmil
Cat Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 I think Ponyo has only been mentioned alittle in this thread and no where else. Interesting.
chibi-master Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Cat']Interesting.[/QUOTE] Isn't that Gavin's old phrase?
Cat Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 Don't know. I don't pay attention to that stuff.
James Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]And here I thought movies, even anime, were supposed to go to Sight & Sound...[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [font=franklin gothic medium]Hm, really? As far as I know, anime movies have [i]always[/i] found their home in Anime Central. Nerdsy: Good point, although I'm not complaining about the lack of a Ponyo thread. I'm just genuinely surprised that there isn't one by now.[/font]
Rachmaninoff Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Boo][size=1']Naw, that's "Interesting. Most interesting." We sure do miss that.[/size][/quote]Sounds more like a take on Darth Vader's "Impressive. Most Impressive." from Empire Strikes Back than anything. =P Though I suppose that does explain his jump to being the CEO of WalMart. If it's not one form of villainy, it's another.
Gavin Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Rachmaninoff']Sounds more like a take on Darth Vader's "Impressive. Most Impressive." from Empire Strikes Back than anything. =P Though I suppose that does explain his jump to being the CEO of WalMart. If it's not one form of villainy, it's another.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]Hit the nail on the head there Rach. Perhaps I'll start using it again in a limited capacity if something genuinely does pique my interest.[/SIZE]
Allamorph Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"']Hit the nail on the head there Rach.[/SIZE][/quote] [FONT=Arial]And here I was going to say obvious reference is obvious, all things considered. :p[/FONT]
Rachmaninoff Posted September 10, 2009 Posted September 10, 2009 [quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']And here I was going to say obvious reference is obvious, all things considered. :p[/FONT][/quote]Well yeah, it very obvious considering that Gavin has had some form of Star Wars avi or sig off and on since I joined. And speaking of obvious... I'd say your own avi is that as well. Considering what got posted in the theater section in the last week. =P
Allamorph Posted September 11, 2009 Posted September 11, 2009 [quote name='Rachmaninoff']And speaking of obvious... I'd say your own avi is that as well. Considering what got posted in the theater section in the last week. =P[/quote] [FONT=Arial]Uh . . . yeah, sure, I guess. Or it could be, you know, a continuation of something a bit more longstanding....[/FONT]
Recommended Posts