Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]They weren't caribou they were MOOSE! :animeangr[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE][font=arial]Dangit. I realised that on the bus this morning. I was just riding along on my morning commute, and it hit me. [i]They weren't caribou. They were moose.[/i]

I was hoping no one would call me on it, and I could sneakily come back and edit my post to hide my shame.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Miss Anonymous']No. And I don't see how bringing back that stupid joke is funny or relevant at all.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Moral: It is never a good idea to try and be clever when I am irritated.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Moral: It is never a good idea to try and be clever when I am irritated.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Did someone get you riled up about this specifically, or was this just the ninth incorrect spelling in a month and you just had to vent your frustrations?:confused:
Posted
I have been occasionaly wroting stuff down lately, for example the first week of this year I put the date down as 10/3/09. Also sometimes I take a glance at something and think I know what it is then see it again and realize my guess was way off. Like the statue of a sitting man that I thought was one of those happpy, smiling Buddha statues.
Posted
[quote name='Lilt']Storytime, Chibi?[/QUOTE]

Watched the Art Honor Society of my school make the Mona Lisa out of Fruit Loops. Will post pictures later. Only took about 3.5 hours or so when they expected it to take 5. But they did really good work on that thing!:catgirl:

Also, because it started at 4, and school ended at 3:30, I got to kill some time with my best friend by taking goofy pictures. I'll post some of those as well.
Posted
Okay, I need to know if this is something that many people go through or if my husband and room mate are just lazy. I have 3 kids and there are 3 adults in the house but I am the only one who cleans the house day in and day out. And say I'm sick or something, it never gets done. So my question is this, does anyone else have a problem like this or are they just lazy? Just asking cause I'm at the end of my rope with it.
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl']Okay, I need to know if this is something that many people go through or if my husband and room mate are just lazy. I have 3 kids and there are 3 adults in the house but I am the only one who cleans the house day in and day out. And say I'm sick or something, it never gets done. So my question is this, does anyone else have a problem like this or are they just lazy? Just asking cause I'm at the end of my rope with it.[/QUOTE]

It happens with everyone at some point or another. I've never had to directly deal with it other than with my sibling, but she's not as bad as she COULD be with that stuff. I have no idea what would be a good solution... Going on strike sounds good, but I'm not sure if that would work or if that's very responsible, what with you having children...
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl']So my question is this, does anyone else have a problem like this or are they just lazy?[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]My mother would say yes.

Not sure what advice she'd give, although there is the method of making a cyclic chore list (shifts every week or so, something like that) and restricting access to privileges until some or all of them are done. Never bothered me when I had to do stuff, but that could be because I was a reasonable kid.[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I think I finally have the gall to admit one of my friends is a lost cause.

Especially since I always make things "worse" for her, and no one else seems to have that sort of impact.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
I have a day off tomorrow... so i think i will get my friend Derp to come over and bust out my guitar....
we need to have another jam session.

The Band of Bradys now has a few songs
!. Pregorexia/Ageless child
2. Gay For Dragon Age
3. Love You With My Fist

I can expect a few more audio masterpieces by tomorrow.
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Cough medicine is proof that pharmacists are sadistic JERKS that like to see 15 year old girls cringe.[/QUOTE][font=helvetica]That seems a little harsh.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]That seems a little harsh.[/font][/QUOTE]

Try believing that with a mouthful of Robitussin.

I've been doing a lot of art and writing related stuff for about 2 weeks straight now. It's one of the best feelings in the world, knowing that...:catgirl:
Posted
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Children's cold medicine made me hate Grape Jolly Ranchers.

No, seriously. They designed the stuff to taste like candy so kids would be willing to take it. Problem is, I ended up trying the medicine first as a kid. So instead of the medicine tasting like candy, the candy tastes like medicine.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl']Okay, I need to know if this is something that many people go through or if my husband and room mate are just lazy. I have 3 kids and there are 3 adults in the house but I am the only one who cleans the house day in and day out. And say I'm sick or something, it never gets done. So my question is this, does anyone else have a problem like this or are they just lazy? Just asking cause I'm at the end of my rope with it.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't have a problem like this, but you are right that they are just lazy.

If I were faced with such a situation I'd get very grumpy very quickly, which would normally correct things. Haha.

I'm not sure what strings you can pull to ensure that everybody else pulls their weight (at least as far as the adults go). But definitely, I would personally be encouraging the kids to get involved as much as possible.

Luckily I've [i]mostly[/i] been around people who are pretty good with helping out, but I do sometimes get left holding the ball (especially if I travel with my two sisters, who only need to look at a room to fill it with giant mounds of crap). But usually this situation doesn't last long, because I make it very clear that they need to pitch in.

Good luck. :catgirl:[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Children's cold medicine made me hate Grape Jolly Ranchers.

No, seriously. They designed the stuff to taste like candy so kids would be willing to take it. Problem is, I ended up trying the medicine first as a kid. So instead of the medicine tasting like candy, the candy tastes like medicine.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me with those Swedish Fish that looked like other sea creatures. The grape puffer fish made me gag.

Guess who just bought Avatar: The Last Airbender, Book 2: Earth Volume 2 (which contains the first episode where Toph appears)?!:catgirl:
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Guess who just bought Avatar: The Last Airbender, Book 2: Earth Volume 2 (which contains the first episode where Toph appears)?!:catgirl:[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=DarkRed]Ace[/COLOR].[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"']This implies that I have the money to do so.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Yes it does. It does not, however, specify the source of said money.[/FONT]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...