OtakuBoards

Anyone here from 2001-ish?

KittyLynn

[quote name='James' timestamp='1313150325' post='708874']
[font=palatino linotype]Wow, that's a beautiful post, Juu. :)

You seem so grown-up now! It makes me feel old, haha.[/font]
[/quote]

[size=1]Funny you should say that, because coming back and looking at some profiles of people, I thought, "Wha? She/he's only 3 years, 8 years older than me?" You know the younger you are, the tiniest age gaps feel enormous. I looked up to people who were 3-8 years older than me on the boards like sages haha. Now it feels like it's leveled out and we can all go for beers and enjoy ourselves ^^ Most of my friends IRL these days are 5-12 years older than me. Then again, I have been able to be "four years older" than I am particular weekend outings - things haven't changed much (I was "18" in theOtaku chat when I was 11, and "14" on the boards when I was 12). O:)

It's great to see OB's still your baby! I feel like OB's my family, but I just left for college for a few years or something. Oh I miss those days! Really wish some sort of reunion could be arranged. Some old members have babies now. Can't believe how time has passed! Hope more members keep popping back as it nears than 10-year mark!

p.s. Don't feel old. I just look extra old cheers to smoking cigarettes from age 13-18 and going out to bars a lot and hanging out around rock bands since the age of 16. Fortunately, it got boring as soon as I came of that legal age to buy cigarettes, so I quit. But it certainly took its toll T_T So, it's not you, it's me! [/size] Edited by Juu

• 2 weeks later...
Cripes. Think I was called elite dbz or something equally ridiculous way back in the days before the board got haxored or whatever it was, but red since then. Pretty amazing to see so many old faces posting in 'ere, wouldn't know where to start when it comes to trying to say hello again and whatnot!

Any chance anyone knows what Deus and Sephiroth are up to these days? Either I'm a blithering idiot (fairly likely to be honest) or I didn't spot them while nostalgia tripping through the thread. Edited by Red

[font="verdana"][size="1"]AJeh/AJ2K1 (cringe) here. Damn, feeling reminiscent as hell right about now lol. Red just attacked me in fb chat after literally years of radio silence to let me know of this thread. Just read all the posts and I have to say, it's crazy how I can remember virtually all of you that were around when I was! Makes me realise how much a part of my life this place was when I was 13 and upwards because in all honesty I'd forgotten how long I'd been around for lol.

It does seem very strange but OB definitely helped me grow up in hindsight. Chatting to people without knowing what they physically looked like until sometimes [i]years[/i] later I think taught me to see beneath people's exteriors irl at an earlier age than I might have learnt to otherwise. Also James and Sara's reigns as admin/mod made decent English cool back then and I'd say combined with all the random geeky RPGs we'd all participate in back then, my writing definitely shot ahead of my peers at a critical time so cheers lol. I'm sure some of you (looking at Nerdsy lol) can remember my shorthand typing when I first joined v2 in '01, urgh. Definitely still fond of this place. I think a lot of us felt safer to open up to 'strangers' with certain personal things rather than confide in people we knew in person. Remember the whole myOtaku phase? Whatever happened to the Otakupedia? Cant be bothered giving on update on myself atm but if anyone wants one I'd be happy to comply later.

I still have a few people on fb, like Juu, Red, Shinmaru, DeathKnight and Lea so it's nice to periodically see that people are still alive. Um just trying to remember some unmentioned people.. Any news from Transtic Nerve? Weh? I remember Zeh got banned for something or other lol. Anybody remember my 'twin' Marc? He was the Manc graphic designer with a big mouth and he'd change his username like clothes. [b]

Had to bring back the trademark bold font (random trivia: originally in homage to DesertShadow lol)[/size][/b][/font] Edited by #326

This is strange. I was just talking about Juu the other day and here she is. I rediscovered [url="http://www.angelfire.com/punk3/otakupictures/"]this amazing site by Queen Asuka[/url]. There was another one just like it somewhere, but I can't find it. That's okay because that one also had pictures of me. :^D Edited by dark_apocalyps

[quote name='Red' timestamp='1313873195' post='709007']
Cripes. Think I was called elite dbz or something equally ridiculous way back in the days before the board got haxored or whatever it was, but red since then. Pretty amazing to see so many old faces posting in 'ere, wouldn't know where to start when it comes to trying to say hello again and whatnot!

Any chance anyone knows what Deus and Sephiroth are up to these days? Either I'm a blithering idiot (fairly likely to be honest) or I didn't spot them while nostalgia tripping through the thread.
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Oh my guffaw! You're still alive, ol' chap. You should send me a message on AIM sometime. ;)

Seph has been hovering around in recent months - I'm sure I saw a post of his not long ago. I don't know exactly what he's doing, but I know he's still obsessed with Tekken. Haha. I'm very keen to know how is family is going.[/font]

Hmmmmm....how long has it been since I have posted? I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, I have been here since '03. I do believe I remember Kitty. :) I think we all have gone through some name changes. I think I started off as "animangademon", ugh. Then..........Annie, then Goddess...then Athena...and I'm sure there was something else in between before settling on Athena. It's awesome to see lots of "old faces" still lurking about :)

[quote name='Annie' timestamp='1314537798' post='709149']
Hmmmmm....how long has it been since I have posted? I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, I have been here since '03. I do believe I remember Kitty. :) I think we all have gone through some name changes. I think I started off as "animangademon", ugh. Then..........Annie, then Goddess...then Athena...and I'm sure there was something else in between before settling on Athena. It's awesome to see lots of "old faces" still lurking about :)
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]It's good to see you, Annie. I really love reading about what the older members are up to now, and how things are going for them.

I think that Adam and I are possibly the only people (or two of a very small group) who have never changed our user names on OB. At this stage I think I just can't be bothered, especially because I have other user names at other places I'm registered.[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just had my 10th anniversary here two days ago. Pretty incredible to think that the one site has been around for that long. I'm not sure why this place has gotten so quiet, given it used to be spectacularly busy, but I'm glad it is still around at some level.

Turnback Tuesday! From 2004 here, and wow I can't believe some of you (well, us) are still lurking about. Happy anniversary, Baron! That makes your dancing gif, like, 6- 7-ish years old?

OB looks great--good job guys! Is the Graphic Worm still alive?

Turnback Tuesday! From 2004 here, and wow I can't believe some of you (well, us) are still lurking about. Happy anniversary, Baron! That makes your dancing gif, like, 6- 7-ish years old?

OB looks great--good job guys! Is the Graphic Worm still alive?

Sort of! It hasn't been actively worked on for a few years but the archive is still available at http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/!

• 1 month later...

:wub: Popping in to give my hello's! I've noticed a big change in the forums have downsized lately. I remember when RPG's here were all the rage and it's what first got me into roleplaying which I do mostly in mmorpgs now. <3 Good to see you still around too Baron! 

• 1 month later...

Great memories from OB. I always love sating the nostalgia by visiting 
Joined pretty far back. Posted a lot of RPGs. Had a brief stint as a moderator for the lounge. 

Mused about becoming a doctor and I'm about a year away from getting my M.D- so there's that.

So I guess I've grown with all of you guys too. I wonder if anyone remembers me. 

Anyway, hello again.

TVE here!

It's been a long time since I last posted on Otakuboards, seriously anyway. I believe I stopped by once in 2009 and replied to a topic, but other than that it's been some time indeed. I got nostalgic and decided to visit Otakuboards again, mainly to track down all of the RPGs I partook in. I had so much fun roleplaying with the likes of my best friend Charles, as well as many of the board's more ancient members such as Raiha, Heartless Me, Domon, BabyGirl... Just a few of the people I remember RPing with on several occasions.

Then there are the more regular members I interacted with on a regular basis and eventually lost touch with. People like MistressRoxie, Juuthena, Japan, Despreko, etc. Too many to even name, and sadly I couldn't even begin to remember everyone anyway. My memory has never truly been a strong point and after roughly 7 or 8 years, it hasn't gotten any better.

I miss the old days, but I suppose there is no going back. Everyone that I remember seems to have been scattered to the winds, and those who do remain likely aren't to remember me. I was never a big poster, I tried, but in the end I think a majority of my post count was accumulated in the various RPGs I joined.

So much has changed and yet I still think back to the days of when I were an active member of OB and wish I had participated more or made more friends or even simply tried harder to keep in contact with the ones whom conversation I've had the pleasure of enjoying.

Those days meant a lot more to me than I expected and reminiscing brings it all to the surface. I feel sappy just thinking about it. The TVE logo I made from Semjaza's avatar, Fluffy my vampiric hairless cat, the Cracker Club, creating Project Gamer with Charles, etc. Good times.

For really old times sakes....

This has been The Vampire: Ed bringing you your daily dose of TVE!

Edited by The Vampire: Ed

• 1 month later...

Hm. I just had my 11 year anniversary back in July. I'm rarely ever around any more, and hadn't even seen the new boards until just today. I stop by every now and again to check up on the place where I spent so much time years ago. Mostly lurking because I have very little to nothing to say. lol. It seems the activity around this place is very low now-a-days, and the place seems to have downsized considerably. Ah well, just figured I'd through a cent or two into the hat and say hello to anyone who remembers me. :)

:blink: 

I registered in... 2002, I think... under the name "Squashed Snail" (couldn't tell you what the go was with that username).

Sort of just... forgot about this place, hey... more so the 'net in general, lol. I got more and more into the modified automotive scene, built up my own Commodore (Australia's version of the North American Pontiac G8, albeit a lot older than any model under the Pontiac name), and eventually got right into it. I now regularly attend many Holden-orientated car shows and events, the big ones being Summernats and Street Commodores Cruise4Charity. Have won a few awards and the like.

My occupation for most of my working life has been a fitter machinist at Ulan Coal, which is an underground coal mine nearly smack-bang in the middle of nowhere. At the start of this year three hundred of us were made redundant and the site was shut-down, so I'm currently back in the profession I was in during the good old school days... Retail. Oh the joy! I do, however, enjoy the amount of extra time I have at home (home basically every night). I've been missing it for a long time.

...and then the marriage. I got married a year and a half ago, have been with her for the best part of seven years. We have three kids; two boys and a girl... and they are doing my head in, haha. Nearly ready to hand the house in with three free kids, lol. I'll give you some insight; it's now 12.40AM in the morning, and it's the first chance I've had to sit down since lunch. :sleep: ...crazy boys.

...so yeah... something just popped into my head a couple of days ago and I remembered this place. Funny how so many forgotten memories are remembered when you've been away from somewhere for so long, and then come back... I even remembered my password, haha.

This place has really changed. A lot. It's crazy... though it looks really good, really modern. I would like to try and make an effort to hang around here from now on... Hopefully any future work commitments allow me to have the time to do so. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I wish that the weird forces pulling all the strings in the universe would make all the old members look at this website at the same time and, realizing we were all here together again, within a week we'd be dusting off AIM, changing the board back to vBulletin (and remembering how to use vB code) with a big blue column on the left side of a white background, pretending we're in Kill Bill, listening to Apocalypse Hoboken, commenting on comments on myO, messing around on a dozen little sites made for us by Tony (Orange Lazarus, anyone?), making very long collaborative digital images, holding contests, having strange and turbulent long-distance relationships, writing letters to each other, and being the only people we were comfortable talking to about the shit that mattered in our lives.

But since we're all busy and much different now, I can settle for just saying hi and hoping some of you will pop into this thread in a month or twenty and say hi back.

• 3 weeks later...