OtakuBoards

Where do you see yourself in 8 years?

CaNz

A wise old master once said, "Always in motion is the future," but that doesn't stop us from dreaming up what it could be. We may not be able to see the future, but I am sure we have an okay shot at predicting at our own destiny. So where do you think you will be in 8 years? Will you be in a new job, a new place of your own, or maybe even have a family of your own?

As for me, I am really unsure about my future. My plans for the future have the same failure rate as the original Xbox 360, and my typical unluckiness doesn't help. I still have a direction I am gonna try to move towards. In 8 years I see myself in a teachers assistant position, and maybe playing more poker if I continue to preform well. As for my place of residence, I am hoping I can get the hell out of California. If I get the chance I am moving to Colorado, It is the only place that has weather I like more than here, yet it is far more in my means. I also have family there that i desperately miss, and I am not too far away from the rest of my family and friends. As far as having a family or not, I am not planning on having kids at 30, but I would really want to be in a stable relationship by then. I doubt I will get any better looking after 30 so I am not looking forward to a swingers lifestyle. Other than that, my plans are pretty open.

This is somewhat uncomfortable to say. However, I see myself being married and with children. I will be done with, or almost done with my early childhood education degree. I will definitely have a car and a driver's license by then. Perhaps I will know how to cook more and sew better? I also see myself being able to can food as well. Time will only tell. :)

[font="Tahoma"]I see myself turning into Gojira and rampaging through Tokyo.

In 8 years I'd really like to be married and have a somewhat steady career. My views on children have changed now that I've worked in customer service for the Food Industry. Screaming children are just not my bag. Plus I've grown fond of traveling, so the more I can do the better. I'd like to say that in 8 years I'd have visited every big big metro area in the U.S. (I'm working on Europe atm). So Far I've been to LA, DC, Vegas, Dallas, and the Twin Cities. Areas I'm still hopeful for are NYC, Miami and Boston. [/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Between now and then? I'd like to

[list]
[*]Get a license and a job.
[*]Get the heck out of here.
[*]Get married.
[/list]

Probably in that order. Also, no kids for me, either. I'd be a horrible mom; my patience is thin enough with a hyperactive dog and other people's kids, and I don't think I could handle being responsible for another person's life.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[color="#006400"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]When I was younger, about a few years ago, I thought I would be an Art Director. Nowadays, I see that as too difficult. :V I've become so lazy in these past couple years.

But in 8 years, I'll probably be:
-Still in Michigan (not entirely sure about that yet though). But at least not in the city I am in now. The crime rate is worse than Detroit! I'll probably be in Ann Arbor. [spoiler]Go blue![/spoiler]
-No kids (no patience for them).
-In a very nice house, with at least a semi-nice car. Better than the one I have now.
-A good job (not sure in what though).
-As for marriage, dunno (lolcommitment). At least have a serious relationship.
-Bachelor's[/font][/size][/color] Edited by TotallyBoo

8 years is a long time and I plan to accomplish a lot in that time.

In 8 years I shall:
[list]
[*]Have a house
[*]Have a car
[*]Be married
[*]Be working in a production company
[*]Live in another state
[*]Kids...sure why not
[/list]

Oh and still being awesome.

In 8 years I'll be 27... Oh dear. Either way, let's get this over with.

In 8 years I want:

[list][*]My Master's Degree[*]A nice apartment[*]A stable job[*]Possibly a long-term relationship -> [size="1"]I am, however, not really happy with several aspects of marriage, so I shan't be joining that party if I can help it.[/size][*][size="2"]No children messing up all my stuff and plans[/size][*][size="2"]Moar/better artsy skills[/size][/list]
[size="2"]That's basically it, being realistic, yet positive.[/size]

[size="1"]In eight years I'll be 33, wow.

[list]Figure out what I want to do with my life, as in a job I like with good/decent money.
Married
Kid[s](a maximum of two)
Still training
To have traveled more
To get out of [spoiler]Ohio[/spoiler], away from snow. Screw you cold and humidity!
A better vehicle
Still here? Probebly.[/list][/size]

[size="2"]In 8 years I'll be 31...o3o lol

ummm I'm not sure but in 8 years:

[/size][list][*][size="2"]improving my drawin[/size][*][size="2"]married[/size][*][size="2"]having kids[/size][*][size="2"]gettin a house [size="1"][size="2"](for mom :p)[/size][/size][/size][*][size="2"][size="1"][size="2"]Have a Job
[/size][/size][/size][/list]

In 8 years I'll be 35.... ####

If I'm not back in school by then I'll probably be in Arizona or California with another job (perhaps dealing with architecture), riding around in one of the muscle cars (Camaro, Challenger, Charger, Mustang... 1 of those will be bought within the next year or 2), and probably paying off the rest of my student loans. As far as kids goes, I'm not really interested in them right now, nor am I looking to get married (mainly trying to get myself situated before looking for relationships and whatnot.. I don't mind the ocassional flirting here and there though), however, by that time who knows what will happen. Also, I'd like to at least pay a visit to Vegas and Miami/Orlando by that time as well. I don't do much traveling, so hopefully I get to do that. Hmm... Perhaps I'll be taking up some form of martial arts again as well. That's all I can think of for now.

Eventually, I want to either work in the character development area of video games or do my own comic books. In eight years, i can see myself attending school to get a degree and with a man waiting for me when I get home, encouragimg me to work harder and always backing me up no matter what I do with my life. Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

In eight years, I'll be hitting the age of 30. My god.
Anyways, I do have some expectations of myself in the future.

[b]Main priority:[/b] I need a solid job in a hospital, great benefits would be very nice.
Gotta pay off those dreaded student loans too. That'll probably take a good year or two� maybe three.
[b]Dream future:[/b] Combined with everything else above:
Happily married w/ a great house or condo somewhere in the tri-state area.

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Oh man, so many of you want to get married. @_@

For me in 8 years I'd like to have accomplished the following:

*Finish University
*Get my Drivers License
*Have a steady job (better than where I am now)
*A committed girlfriend who shares my views on marriage and kids (as in, I don't want either) or a girl who can change said views :P
*Have my own place xD

My dream future would involve me becoming a voice actor. <3[/font][/color]

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1322942669' post='710456']
[list][*]Possibly a long-term relationship -> [size="1"]I am, however, [b]not really happy with several aspects of marriage[/b], so I shan't be joining that party if I can help it.[/size][*][size="2"][b]No children[/b] messing up all my stuff and plans[/size][/list]
[/quote]
[size="7"][b]<3333[/b][/size] Edited by Ellerby

[quote name='Ellerby' timestamp='1323893451' post='710590']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Oh man, so many of you want to get married. @_@[/color][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]o_o I just noticed that, too. I honestly don't see what the big deal about it is. With marriage comes the possibility of divorce, which would cost me too much money and too much work. Same with kids. Damned money/attention-suckers. :<[/font][/size][/color]

[spoiler]And wtf CaNz! I don't remember Linku saying that last part of your signature in chat...[/spoiler]

[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1323915013' post='710595']
[color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]o_o I just noticed that, too. I honestly don't see what the big deal about it is. With marriage comes the possibility of divorce, which would cost me too much money and too much work. Same with kids. Damned money/attention-suckers. :<[/font][/size][/color]

[spoiler]And wtf CaNz! I don't remember Linku saying that last part of your signature in chat...[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Marriage and serious relationships are almost the same thing. Like you said the only real difference is the money issue. I really don't care about the title, but to be close enough to someoneone that you are willing to go beyond possessions seems nice to me.

[spoiler] He said it as a response to something else entirely, but it was fantastic timing. [/spoiler]

• 9 months later...
It's kinda funny how many us here will be 30 in 8 years time including myself, haha.

Let's see... 8 years time....

* Hopefully I'll officially be having my BSN

* My own humble abode to call mi casa

* Maybe I'll get myself into another relationship, but that's a big ol' meh.

* To have traveled to at least 4 different countries.

I figure these things won't be too hard if I buckle down and don't party as much.

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2011 at 7:27 PM, Lyndy said:

When I was younger, about a few years ago, I thought I would be an Art Director. Nowadays, I see that as too difficult. :V I've become so lazy in these past couple years.

But in 8 years, I'll probably be:
-Still in Michigan (not entirely sure about that yet though). But at least not in the city I am in now. The crime rate is worse than Detroit! I'll probably be in Ann Arbor.

Go blue!

-No kids (no patience for them).
-In a very nice house, with at least a semi-nice car. Better than the one I have now.
-A good job (not sure in what though).
-As for marriage, dunno (lolcommitment). At least have a serious relationship.
-Bachelor's

lmao I forgot about this thread.

I am no longer in Michigan but wish to move back.

I still have no kids

Don't live in a very nice house, but it's good enough for how little I pay rent for it.

Used to have a good job, but Covid-19 changed that.

Not married, had a serious relationship a few years ago.

No Bachelor's - too much money but have associates in IT

• 1 month later...

So it's check in time. It's been over eight years. Were your predictions true? 

I actually went the Healthcare route, getting my cna and working in in home health. Surprisingly I am married, a step mom and another baby on the way. I do have a car.... Second car actually. I upgraded. I also finally got to visit Japan in 2016. 

It's so strange knowing I'm going to be a stay at home mom soon too. 

Edited by Japan