-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[OFFICIAL] The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2009 - Nominations
Boo replied to Shy's topic in General Discussion
[font=lucida fax] [b]1) What is it?[/b] The artists who respond to and fulfil requests. [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because they make the boards look pretty, by using their awesome skills to prevent skill-less people from using MS Paint to make cheap hurtful banners. It's all about the gfx, y'know. [b]1) What is it?[/b] John's Good/Evil system idea [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because with the Good/Evil system it might finally be possible to see what people actually think of you, but then in a nicely dressed manner! Plus, it makes us look more lively and fun than we actually are. [b]1) What is it?[/b] The Graphic Worm 2009 [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because it's so pretty and cool. [b]1) What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=844642&postcount=5][u]Post 844642, by Dragons Wolfie[/u][/url] [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because thanks to this post I know why petty theft is so dangerous, and I could use that information to make several people laugh. (like Ace, who's probably the official funniest member of OB when the voting's done! Yay!) Plus, it's a post the CIA would be proud of. This man (?) is a true citizen. [b]1) What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60681][u]Did I just screw up?[/u][/url] [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because for some reason someone went back there to replace all their posts with "10char" which I thought was pretty nifty, considering the title is "Did I just screw up?" So yeah. [b]1) What is it?[/b] Not-Utah [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because [url=http://ih2.redbubble.net/work.2648136.1.ts,482x482,teal,mens,fafafa.jpg][color=#009999]Utah is more like Ublah.[/color][/url] [b]1) What is it?[/b] Gavin and Boo [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because Gavin is Gavin, Boo is Boo, and Gavin and Boo are Europe. [b]1) What is it?[/b] MewMew [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because she can do a Chiquita dance like no other, while still being one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. [b]1) What is it?[/b] Guild Wars revival [b]2) Why was it [color=#0D6DC7]nifty[/color]?[/b] Because there hadn't been playing as many Otakus Guild Wars at the same time since the QKT was abolished, and this was awesome and scary at the same time, because I was gained in on way too quickly by all others. But it was a bit of quality time that you wouldn't have anywhere else on the web. -
[font=lucida fax]I can already see the celebrity scan pron piling up in the tabloids. These things are ridiculous. There'll be some easy peasy way to avoid detection by these scans like with every other type of security anyway. Honestly, I think it isn't much more paranoid to be against these things than to be for them. You might as well just not fly at all if you want to be 100% sure of not being victim of terrorist attacks and the likes in plains. Saves a few walruses and penguins too. [/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]A parkourist dropping dead from high heights, Gandhi and a tray of gingerbreadmen.
-
[font=lucida fax]"Twenty ten" sounds extremely awful.[/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]I will not be back at home until the fifth of January, so here's everbody's chance to end the Worm 2009 with a BANG! In the meantime, if anybody has ideas for 2010 they'd like to share, be my guest! And I would really like to say: the Graphic Worm looks AWESOME. So thanks everybody who participated and who helped. And a big hand to Desbreko for constantly cleaning up after our behinds! Thanks! :^D [/font]
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]It's Faux Hawk Time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/i2ulox.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]Pretty awesome.[/font] -
[font=lucida fax]The quick reply button is the one next to the dark grey "REPLY" button in the bottom right corner of every post. It isn't over the top obvious, but it should be there. But I would not mind the quick reply activating by just clicking in it or something. If it would then automatically register it as a quick reply to the original post, the different thread display modes would not be so messed up either.[/font]
-
[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Thinking too much is stupid & generally makes you pretty unhappy.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [font=lucida fax]+ you cannot not do it even though you know this.[/font]
-
[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I notice we still have fields in our profile where we can include our ICQ number and MSN/Yahoo handle. It might just be the circles I run in but I don't think anyone actually uses those much anymore. Could we instead (or additionally) add a field for us to include a link to our Facebook or Twitter or Skype accounts? That's what the kids are really using today! -Shy[/size][/QUOTE] [font=lucida fax]We have a Skype field. :([/font]
-
[font=lucida fax] I'm for the Niftiest Something idea. It only being a number one place and not a top something. And maybe we could add some sort of honourable mention or reward of some sort fort the most original nomination, which would boost people's creativity. While I was taking my time posting this, two people have posted in between saying the system's not broken, which I agree on. However, you can still add more glamour and glitter to a not-broken thing to make it more fun! Whee! I do not think any idea should replace the original concept, but that's hardly possible anyway because there's not much to the original concept anyway. Except for time put into tallying votes and making pretty banners and such. Ha. [/font]
-
[font=Lucida Fax]Anonimity is boring. Besides, it is only funny to see who thinks you are cuddable teddybear and who thinks you are some kind of demon.[/font]
-
[quote name='Sara'][center][picture][/center] [font=helvetica]So last night I drew a tree and had my roommates help decorate it. (It's a little lopsided . . . I was originally going to cut it out and make it more balanced, but I didn't want to trim off any of the ornaments, so lopsided it stays.)[/font][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]That's bajawesome. I will probably take a picture of mine in the morning when I finally have time and the light to make a proper picture. And then a night picture too! Whee! Maybe now already would be better... BRB. Thread needs more wood. [B]EDIT:[/b] Tree with small details. [center] [IMG]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3130/smalldscf6895.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3135/smalldscf6897.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1733/smalldscf6899.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6282/smalldscf6901.jpg[/IMG][/center] Not so clear now, but it should be better in daylight, all right? All right.[/font]
-
[quote name='dream5111']No you should be able to control your boners at all times XD[/QUOTE] [font=Lucida Fax]I read "two boners at a time." :([/font]
-
[font=Lucida Fax]I love how you all rock the Worm.[/font]
-
[font=Lucida Fax]John wins. I'm good.
-
[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]People should post pictures of their trees.[/font][/QUOTE] [font=Lucida Fax]I was hoping that would happen. :([/font]
-
[font=Lucida Fax]I'd complain about aesthetics as well if someone put an American flag out every morning within a 2km radius of my house. [/font]
-
[font=Lucida Fax]Bangladesh (55,599 sq mi) has more inhabitants than Russia (6,592,800 sq mi).[/font]
-
[quote name='Muad'Dib'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=navy]I'm not sure how familiar everyone is with life-size fake trees, but once it's standing, you have to unfold just about every individual branch. [/COLOR][/FONT][/quote] [font=lucida fax]Known problem. :V We had that for about four years. Mainly because I was probably allergic to the Christmas tree, but I think I convinced my mum that I wasn't allergic enough to give up having a real tree.[/font] [quote name='Muad'Dib'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=navy]Most years my mother makes a big deal out of decorating it, especially with our really old 'baby' ornaments. Maybe my family is just weird, but their are particular ornaments that have a lot of meaning to her.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE] [font=lucida fax]We had some really old school ornaments that [i]had[/i] to be in the tree, but most of them died by now. However, my little polar bear with colourful hat and scarf remains. Though its fur is completely hard now and it's missing an eye. ;_;[/font] [quote name='Muad'Dib'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=navy]In any case, my favorite tree-related family tradition is definitely the hiding of the pickle.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]That's funny. We have a baby Jesus for that. :V[/font]
-
[font=Lucida Fax]So. I just got home to find a lit Christmas tree in my living room. And it looks the same like each year: pretty darn awesome. We hardly use any shiny or glimery stuff, but instead a lot of wood things. But now I popped in here and was just thinking: what do the OtakuBoards Christmas trees look like? And is there something people do every year? Do you have an own little thingy that [i]you[/i] have to hang in the tree each year? Et ceteras. Pictures are more than welcome to brighten up this thread. :^D I'm a bit in a hurry but felt like posting this. Will post pictures of my awesome tree up later! By the way, has anybody heard any Christmas songs on the radio yet? I haven't heard a single recognisable one so far. Where's George? :([/font]
-
[quote name='Sara'][font=trebuchet ms]you know, normal human beings.[/font][/QUOTE][font=Lucida Fax]You speciesist. We're all creatures on the surface of the Earth. I find it wrong that you throw about with things such as "normal human beings" acting as if they're the standard for all species in the world. Elitist pig![/font]
-
Actually, the SOTW is the Signature of the Week we had bi-weekly for about 12 bi-weeks. It kind of died, partly because I kind of kept forgetting to post a new thread since the last one had no entries. Anyway! I like this idea!
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Aiwass'][url]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/mitchellgrantsmith/DSCN2635-1.jpg[/url] This is me with my lover. :) Love is will, love under law.[/QUOTE][size=1][img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p7/katiematie844/dude-the-big-lebowski.jpg[/img] Wow. I was expecting a shirtless Mitch, and instead it's like a completely different person with actual facial hair and clothing on. Awesome.[/size] -
[size=1]Taser guns should not be used (for any such purposes) anyway.[/size]
-
[size=1]Oh darn yes, the end of the year is pretty much here. :| Erf! Dudes, we need 20 more to catch up to last year! Get to it! [b]edit:[/b] I fixed Citric's entry so people could continue, but I decided to do so myself. Ha. Now, for next year. What do people want to see? Me and James were toying about with ideas once upon a long ago and maybe you have too, so cast them in here! I was thinking of being able to claim more than just a spot, but also a certain amount of place. If we were working with a worm, of course the height should remain the same, but that someone could be like "whee, I'll take 2 spots at once!" or "I'll take half a spot. :3" or maybe an amount that has something to do with a date. On that note, we could also come back to an earlier topic brought up about actual news-ish subjects. Secondly, I was pondering how difficult it would be to make a Graphic [b]Square[/b] with pieces of let's say 500×500 pixels, in which people would have to look how they match left, right, top, bottom and even in the corners! Whee! In that case it's probably best to have a set amount of squares available with numbers, making it sort of work like one of those "100 themes" things, except you claim a spot, not a theme. OR MAYBE YOU DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. Wow. Brainstorming works like a train. So the idea box is officially been opened extra invitingly! (because of course it's always open) :whoops: [size=3]And we need a new colour that doesn't look exactly like red or this greeny stuff.[/size][/size]