Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. Boo

    Game Forum

    [quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1] I personally am not a fan of current events threads where the first post is quoting an entire article from a news site.[/size'][/color][/quote] [size=1]But they have so much thought put into it. :([/size]
  2. [size=1]I think it is. That would be a pity, I would've loved to see you participate. Perhaps White will let you take my spot (after this round, I guess) or the spot of someone who would drop out due to inactivity. [b]Question:[/b] Is it possible to change the order of the team, in case of inactivity? [/size]
  3. Boo

    Game Forum

    [quote name='James][font=arial']I think there are a lot of things that could probably use their own forums...[/font][/quote][size=1] Relationship threads, political arguments, religious debates, etc.? Yeah, some people make seperate forums for those and they end up being horribly boring and no one posts, because of the lack of posts. :D [/size]
  4. [size=1]The following is a dialogue, written by Retribution and me. It's a bit abstract and written in script style, as it is a dialogue. [indent][size=4]Kraken Dutchman[/size] [i]The scene starts before the dawn. Soft blue light comes from the sides and a soft pool of light is in the middle of the stage. There's a peaceful song on as Retribution and Boris get on stage. [/i] Retribution: Stab your brother in his sleep. [i]The music stops abruptly.[/i] Boris: ... Ah yes. Retribution: Nothing vital, of course, just a flesh wound. Enough to show him who's boss. Boris: Eh... DoubleBDaigo? Retribution: WRONG! [i]Sound of thunder rolling.[/i] Boris: Aw, bugger. Retribution: It's you, Dutchman! [i]A spotlight is aimed at Boris as Retribution moves closer to him.[/i] Boris: It is? Eh. It is! Retribution: Yes, of course. [b]FLYING DUTCMAN POWERS, ACTIVATE!!![/b] [i]Retribution clears his throat with a lot of noise. [/i] [i]Boris puts on a Kraken mask and summons his big brother: Kraken. RiflesAtRecess comes on stage. The spotlight disappears and the whole stage is lit up.[/i] Retribution: Sweet. Boris: I'm Davy Jones and have nothing to do with the Flying Dutchman, but I'm still captain of it! Retribution: Can we keep himmmm??? PLEEEEEEASE MOMMY? Boris: Sure, but make sure to feed him. He's YOUR responsibility! [i]Retribution pulls a sad face.[/i] Retribution: Fiiiiiiine. Boris: Now what do we say, little boy? Retribution: THANK YOU MOMMY! [i]Retribution smiles happily and grabs Kraken (RiflesAtRecess) around his neck.[/i] Boris: That's right, now be a good boy. And don't tease the Kraken! [i]Boris gives a bit of an annoyed look off to the left of the stage, knowing that it will be hard for Retribution to not tease the Kraken.[/i] Retribution: Can I pillage a village tonight, plllllllllllllllllllllllease? Daddy said I could if I was home by 8! Boris: Well, if daddy said you could, I think you could. Dad: "Yeah honey, he may" Boris: Okay. Retribution: YES! Boris: But don't rape the women, that's rude. Retribution: fiiine. I'll settle for brutal murder. Boris: Be back before 8 then, and have fun. [i]Retribution is excited and smiles. Retribution rides off into the distance on Kraken. After which he exalts a cheer. [/i] [center]THE END[/center] [b][u]Cast:[/u][/b] [b]Retribution (/Little Boy, Guru):[/b] Retribution [b]Boris (/Mommy, The Flying Dutchman):[/b] Boo [b]Kraken:[/b] RiflesAtRecess [b]Dad:[/b] Random voice from heavens [/indent] [right]"That's fucking holarious. Hilarious." [b]Vegeta's Daily Rocker[/b] "That was random, weird, and yet...totally hilarious." [b]Katana Times[/b] "I'm afraid you're retarded." [b]Warrior's [strike]Dragon[/strike] Digest[/b][/right] Enjoy. There might come more of these.[/size]
  5. Boo

    Game Forum

    [size=1]Please put them in a seperate part of the boards. Please do. Or we could ban them all, just because. :whoops:[/size]
  6. [list=1][*]633. [b]Franz Ferdinand[/b] ? Outsiders [*]2151. [b]Staind[/b] ? It?s Been A While [*]1100. [b]Monsieur Cannibale[/b] ? Little Room of Secrets [*]1654. [b]Queen[/b] ? Friends Will Be Friends [*]816. [b]Kayak[/b] ? Irene [*]1641. [b]Queen[/b] ? Radio Ga Ga [*]664. [b]Gerry Rafferty[/b] ? Night Owl [*]1911. [b]Robbie Williams[/b] ? It Was A Very Good Year [*]1345. [b]Pearl Jam[/b] ? Crazy Mary [*]1285. [b]Nirvana[/b] ? Lake of Fire [*]2147. [b]Simon & Garfunkel[/b] ? The Sun Is Burning In The Sky [*]2120. [b]Simon & Garfunkel[/b] ? Blessed [*]304. [b]Dire Straits[/b] ? Solid Rock [*]2091. [b]Simon & Garfunkel[/b] ? The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin? Groovy) [*]1593. [b]Portishead[/b] ? Sour Times [/list][size=1] Okay, I expected some Pink Floyd between these songs, oh well. Franz Ferdinand is pretty much one of my favourite bands ever, so it had to be in there. My parents listen a lot to music so they have sort of passed on their taste to me, through time. I?ve grown up with the kind of classic rock that had great guitarists playing in it (or just had the guitar as the main instrument), hence the amount of Simon & Garfunkel in my list. There?s no real reason why Pearl Jam and Nirvana are in that list, though. I think I obtained some of their music and didn?t bother myself getting it rid out of my play list as it didn?t bother me enough. Portishead is a nice change every now and then (just like my amounts of Jamiroquai or Faithless that aren?t in the random 15). I don?t like screamo, metal (or any kind of ridiculous sub-category of that), emo, punk or whatever. Heck, I prefer artists that can?t easily have a label pasted on their forehead, but it?s kind of unavoidable, so let?s say I like ?Rock?. Rock with good, controlled guitar play and vocals. Oh, and Robbie Williams is in between, because he's plain cool (and my brother has all of his albums, which I just ripped from him once). [/size]
  7. Boo

    Hair

    [QUOTE=taperson]1 ~ What is your NATURAL hair color/colors? 2 ~ Have you ever dyed your hair? If so, what color[s]? 3A ~ If you have, do you regret it? Has it damaged your hair? 3B ~ If you haven't, do you want to? 4 ~ Are you satisfied with your current hair color? 5 ~ What is your favorite style for your hair? [[long, short, bangs, etc]] 6 ~ What kind of hair do you like in the opposite sex?[/QUOTE] [size=1][list=1][*]Brown. Dark enough for people to say it's black the whole time. (Though, it's more dark grey than black) [*]Yeah, I once had a bit of blonde through the points of my hair, but I didn't like it too much, so I didn't repeat it. [*]A. Not really, I think. [*]Yeah, it owns everyone else's and fits me. [*]I right now have it a bit shorter on the sides and back of my head. It gets longer as you go up and is slightly inspired by the band Franz Ferdinand. I like their style, meh. [*]Long hair. I mostly prefer it to be at least shoulder length, but if it really fits one's face, I permit them to have shorter hair. :angel:[/list] So yeah, my hair owns your hair with contracts and everything.[/size]
  8. [QUOTE=Eclipse][SIZE=1]My Chararacter: I Give you, a [URL=http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6136/scan0013lu4.jpg][B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Water Dragon[/COLOR][/B][/URL] He's not a person [obviously], but you could make him one for something different or whatever... Have fun.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]Okay, I call this one. Muhaha. [B]EDIT:[/b] I use a photo camera as a scanner, sorry about that. [b][url=http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8803/dragonikzdf6.png][color=royalblue]My Water Dragon[/color][/url][/b]. It looked better on paper. :P Well here is: [url=http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1110/mychario6.png][b]My Own Character[/b][/url]. It's a quick less cool version of my cooler 'Past Hybrid' drawing that I might post later. There's a bit of description in the picture. Enjoy yourself. Sidenote: Please go nuts with this image, like redesigning the cyborg arm, or adding other legs. Just keep some of it's current awesomeness. :3[/size]
  9. [size=1]Hm, right now I'm making a 55h set for my dear monk Sylvia. A guild mate of mine has quit being a 55h monk, so he had some stuff for me like the -50 Grim Cesta and a +5 Energy Fiery Long Sword of 18% enchantment. And he also gave me a superior Divine Favour rune, teehee. :'D Now I'm still looking for the rest of the runes (Healing, Smiting). If anyone has some spare ones that I could buy, I'd be very happy. I might even let my pretty Ritualist dance infront of you without a shirt. ...
  10. [size=1]:stupid: Oh my, I had forgotten about the game until I saw this thread again. My record's 17 hours, for now. :
  11. [size=1]Okay, I'll just try a competition again. But don't you use lame handicaps! >:O[/size]
  12. [size=1]Hm, what is this thread about? *checks the first page* [b]Edit:[/b] Yay I won! Wait, I lost.[/size]
  13. [quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Gold items are the rarest and can be worth the most, but there's also a lot of crappy golds out there that aren't worth anything.[/color][/quote] [size=1]I had a very good example falling out of a treasure chest the other day: [spoiler] [color=gold][b]Aegis[/b] [b]Armor:[/b] 16 (requires 9 tactics) [b]Blood Magic +1[/b] (Chance: 20%)[/color] [/spoiler] Teehee, it was a fun one to have, though. :3 The shield would've been quite good (+1/20%) for blood warriors... If they exist. [/size]
  14. [size=1]Oh my, I love these. o.o Klept the Hybrid looks so clean and cool. The sponge effect kind of thing you used to make him look watery worked well. The poodle is totally groovy. An excellent awful colour of pink. Nice details with the thing in his hair - of which I currently can't get the English name in my head - and the open jacket. Oh, and I really want that sword. The only thing about the picture that I don't really get is why the big pink blob, in which his mouth and nose are, doesn't go down again to the left side, instead of keep going up. The Panda looks like the Kingpin a lot. And now that I write this I see you put that in his description.
  15. [size=1]You have so many ([i]many[/i]) characters listed up and still they are all original. That's cool. I especially like Kuro the Kangaroo. :3 Like Katana said, the smooth colours and simple shading is nice and you don't overdo anything. Sometimes they could use some work on proportion or realistic positions. For example Bixler, who really lacks a neck, or the Macabee who's (his) left foot is in an odd position. But they all look cool and original. Oh, and I love the little descriptions of their character next to the links. ;3[/size]
  16. [size=1]My name is Boris. So what we did was google the words [i]Name[/i] and [I]Translator[/i]. Skip all the elf name generators and click on the first normal name translator. Result for the name 'Boris': [indent][b]BORISLAV[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] Masculine [b]Usage:[/b] Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian [b]Other Scripts:[/b] Борислав (Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian) [i]Means "fame in battle" from the Slavic element bor "battle" combined with slav "glory"[/i].[/indent] Google really is awesome.[/size]
  17. [size=1] The guy blocked you?.. Oh my, how old is he? Eleven?[/size]
  18. [quote=Shyguy][size=1][b]#7[/b][indent]Following the death of a mighty Monster This great new nation was formed..[/size][/indent][/quote] [size=1]Ehm... The Newbie Lounge was deleted and was an incredible monster. Then came the MyOtaku. I found it rather creative of myself. :3 It's a pity that 'Monster' was written with a capital and probably reffers to the member that I know nothing about. [IMG]http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/2464/logooblb7.png[/IMG] I was going to answer 'Taste' to the first riddle, but I figured that it would include me, and stepped back from that answer.[/size]
  19. [size=1]Hmm, in Cantha, I think, you can get a fair ammount of money rather quickly if you just do all of the quests you can find and kill everything on the way. :P The weapons nowadays are ridiculously expensive, though. I just sold a longbow for 8k and I already thought that I was given way too much. A guildmate of mine at the same time spent over hundred K on buying two weapons. [/size]
  20. [size=1][font=Tahoma][indent][b]Name:[/b] Boris Willems [b]Age:[/b] 37 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Ethnicity:[/b] White. His family has lived in the Netherlands for generations with only ... white people in it. [b]Appearance:[/b] Boris stands about one meter and eighty-six centimetres, which makes him reasonably tall. He has a bit of a promise of a belly, covered by his usual long-sleeved shirts. The only kind of trousers you?ll see him wear are blue jeans, although he likes to dress himself in his suit at special occasions. Under all kinds of clothing, he?ll wear simple basketballs (shoes!) in black and white, unless he sees really cool other shoes. Although he won?t admit it, Boris? very dark brown (often mistaken for black) hair is already beginning to show silver hairs around his temples. It also begins to show in the hair on his regularly enough shaved chin. He likes his own green eyes, which he did ever since he actually started looking at them a bit more than ?oh, they?re green. Cool?. [b]Personality:[/b] He does not believe in being depressed at all, being the optimistic person that he is. Boris doesn't reveal much of himself and likes to listen to peoples problems more than talk about them himself. Bothering other people with his real problems isn't really in his nature. Ridiculous remarks, puns and situation can really make him laugh, even though he's mostly the one making the remarks and puns himself. [b]Family:[/b] He has hardly had any deaths in his direct family, not even his grandparents. The closest to him who?ve died are his grand grandparents, who, apart from one, he didn?t know anyway as they died before he was born. One of them died when he was ten years old or so, but he didn?t know her really personal, except that she was a friendly hard hearing woman. Anyway, enough about his grand grandparents. His brother works for a newspaper as a journalist and his sister is some kind of a children?s therapist, though Boris is still not too sure what she does. His father was a journalist too. His mother a high school teacher ?French?, which Boris himself was horrid at. His parents were divorced, and his father married an, a bit odd, but nice and funny woman a few years later. Lately he has a relationship with Ginger, involving her stashing her cans of soda in his mini fridge. [b]Information:[/b] To start Boris is dutch. Now, where children come from and what?s their purpose, we will never know, so we?ll start this information thing around the age of sixteen instead. Having grown up with television shows and computer things, Boris appeared to be really good in English. After graduating and then finished studying, he had gone to the United States. At first he was just planning to stay for a small while to work on his English even more. After a few months, when he seemed to start to realize that he still hadn?t left, he decided to stay in the United States. Naturally, one needs cash to pay their bills and the like. So Boris started looking for a job. Thus, he ended up at the office building. He started at the office when he was almost 22, now he?s still there, though his position has gotten better. He now has quite a nice office with a desk and electricity to power his mini fridge with. The mini fridge is filled for a great deal with Ginger?s soda cans. The rest is filled with Ice Tea, packs of juice, milk and a few other things. Still Dutch in his heart, Boris rides a bicycle and knows how to bake Dutch pancakes. [/indent][/size][/font]
  21. [quote name='DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][i]It makes you look silly[/i].[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote] [size=1]Especially since this fred isn't serious at all. :^D [b]For post below:[/b] Fred is cool language for thread. :)[/size]
  22. [QUOTE=elfpirate][font=Comic Sans MS]I also find it amusing that you'd presume all pirates are fat slovenly bastards. That made me laugh. You have any idea how much strength it takes to raise an' drop sail an' haul in the slack an' anchors on a tall ship? Try loading a cannon sometime. I sort o' doubt there were a lot o' fat (nor even adequately fed) pirates back in the day of tall ships. [/font][/QUOTE] [size=1]Why, shivering timber, arr. [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=I0yI2MQf8Tk&search=pirate%25][color=indigo]You[/color][/url] truly [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=I0yI2MQf8Tk&search=pirate%25][color=indigo]are a pirate[/color]![/url][/size]
  23. [size=1]My most recent CD purchase was just today as I had this ?10 coupon I could only use on Cd's or DVDs. I spent it on Muse - Hullabaloo. Mostly for the B side songs on the first CD, but the live songs on the second CD are a nice thing to have too. Now I need to get Black Holes and Revelations so my collection is complete. I was planning to spend the coupon on Franz Ferdinand singles, just for the B-sides, but I couldn't find any in the shop I was looking. I'd have to go to those scary stores in some dark back alley, which I was too lazy for.[/size]
  24. [size=1]Pirates win. They have parrots.[/size]
  25. [size=1]I've made some for you. With hardly to no adjustments to it. [img]http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8325/obesepanda001yb2.png[/img] [IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8211/obesepanda002cx5.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8502/obesepanda003bi2.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6858/obesepanda005kn3.png[/IMG] [i]^This one has a tad more blue colours[/i] [IMG]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4006/obesepanda004rz2.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7914/obesepanda006ch2.png[/IMG] Enjoy. ;p[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...