Shinji-Kun Posted July 18, 2003 Posted July 18, 2003 Actually, the angel guns [spoiler] were incorparated in the guns that Knives made for Vash and himself. The gun causes a reaction to their plant bodies that create the angel gun. And in the last episode, when Vash and Knives are fighting, Knives says something to the effect that he didn't make the angel gun's to be used in a certain way. [/spoiler]
silpheedpilot Posted July 18, 2003 Posted July 18, 2003 For answering the question about Millie,[spoiler] NO! [/spoiler] That has been asked again, and again.[spoiler] When you see that part with Wolfwood when he has his un-timely demise, and that flashback is shown, that is from the episode where they are sneaking out this one girl from an unruly mayor...The one where Vash "fake" kills those two kids and they "fall into the geyser". In that episode Wolfwood "play " Millies husbadn to sneak that girl out in Millies coat. There it has been anserwed again![/spoiler]
Guest Lynx Posted July 18, 2003 Posted July 18, 2003 Um..thats an old episode and they do spend time together before his fight. She ends up sleeping on his bed and he ends up with no shirt. Somethin has gotta have happened there! Just keep bringing up the old carry the girl under my coat episode but what about the night they spent together. All night.
Kwai Posted July 18, 2003 Posted July 18, 2003 In case anyone was wondering, I was the one who spoiled Trigun for QA *sorry yet again*. But anyway, to answer some of the questions. Adding on to what Shinji-Kun said about [spoiler] Knives making the gun, you also see in the flash back episode(eps. 19? not sure) Knives going into a crashed ship. Vash waits outside for more or less a year, and when Knives finally comes out, he hands Vash the gun. In the Trigun manga, a guy by the name of Bill Conrad creates the angel arm in both Vash and Knives, and the arm is much more deadly and versatile compared to the one in anime. [/spoiler] And Knives lives at... well... they don't say in the anime, but they do in the manga(but then again, they follow different storylines). In the manga, [spoiler] Knives has one huge airship and a crashed ship which looks like a castle with three towers. He takes residence in one of these depending upon the situation. [/spoiler] Millie's child... is simply a matter of opinion and interpretation i can't help you there.
MillieFan Posted July 18, 2003 Posted July 18, 2003 This thread is spam, and I don't know why it's still even *here,* but I will do my best to answer your questions (although I've seen the TV dub of the anime and theotaku.com's site among many many others, read a lot of fanfiction, and whatnot, I still haven't seen the sub for myself-I really want to someday-and I haven't read the manga. Any errors, then, can be attributed to that or to my bad memory. Vash was made with the angel arm. That second question is too silly to dignify an answer and I think that you are too young to be watching this anime if you really meant it. In the anime, the showdown between Knives and Vash is in a location called Berd. IMHO, the evidence is more than enough that Milly is carrying Wolfwood's child. The fifth question is pointless. Of course most of us don't like that plot twist.
scrmngfangrl Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 so uh, ya know the episode where Knives kills the spider to save the butterfly and Vash thinks they can both live? who do you side with? idealistic Vahsh or realistic Knives? (it would help if you stated why too)
The (Sic) Shape Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 I would have go with Knives, because for one of them to live, the other has to die. Saving them both would make both of them die eventually.
Zen Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 I haver too say Vash because i, like him am a peaceful and phylisophical.
Xai Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 [COLOR=orangered]I don't agree with either of them on the whole spider/butterfly deal. I believe in letting nature take its course. But if you mean the way I look at life, I'm a bit of a realist.:D[/COLOR]
Japan Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 I go with Vash. His policy is very good. I don't like to see deaths, good or bad.
Epsilon Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 I go with Knives all the way. Cause it's true to save one thing another most die. The human race has shown that all ready, save both the human race and other life forms....they'd destory each other first. Reality is something to be feared, in truth no living live form can reach true peace. Unless all other life froms that have created the conflict are gone. But then that life force it's self would be gone cause even in it's own kind it creates conflict with in it's self.
noodleboy Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 i would have to go with knifes... but i really really wish vash was right
eleanor Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 [size=1] I'm going with Knives completely. Although Vash's perspective is very peaceful and...[i]nice[/i], I'm pretty much a realist. If you take Vash's point of view, everything will die even faster. The spider obviously needs the butterfly to survive, and it's just the course of nature.[/size]
klinanime1 Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 Definitely siding with Knives. Utopias just don't happen. Every living organism, from the prokaryote cells to the whale shark, is going to die, and I find death to be an exhilerating prospect. Besides, unless you can find a vegetarian spider that won't bite me, I find Knives' solution to be... good.
Guest OldMan Zenigata Posted July 30, 2003 Posted July 30, 2003 I don't like spiders, and I accidently killed a butterfly once, so I probably wouldn't have gone near that web.
Kwai Posted July 30, 2003 Posted July 30, 2003 I think its rather stupid for us to interfere like that... I say leave the spider and the damn butterfly alone... let nature do what nature wants... but yeah, I say Knives...
PaperDonkey Posted July 31, 2003 Posted July 31, 2003 Ahem, *spoiler* Vash is right because theoretically the spider could feast off the flies, mosquitoes, and other pests. So the spider and the butterfly live :D It wasn't a question of the spiders or butterflies dieing, it was a question of the humans or the plant-beings living. Knives wanted to save the plant-beings, and Vash ran around ignorantly...
*Aura* Posted August 1, 2003 Posted August 1, 2003 i would have to go with Knives cause if you didn't kill one of them they would both die eventually and if you kill one then you are alowing the other one to live which actually helps save one life instead of having them both die, but i really wanted to go with what Vash said though, i really did but knives is actually right on this one though.l8ta.luv and pz.
Dan Rugh Posted August 1, 2003 Posted August 1, 2003 [quote]Vash is right because theoretically the spider could feast off the flies, mosquitoes, and other pests. So the spider and the butterfly live[/quote] It wasn't just referring to butterflies, but rather all living things. Butterflies are more symbolic. I'm sure if it was a fly in the web, they would've had the same argument. Vash believes that no one has the right to take the life of another (including flies and mosquitos, I guess). Knives is right though.
WW2 Posted August 1, 2003 Posted August 1, 2003 I have to agree with Xai and Metatron, and decide to let nature take its course. But thats with the whole Spider/Butterfly scenerio. When it comes to people, I have to agree with Knives. Sometimes sacrafices have to be made. What Vash says is just sweet and innocent talk. But thats just my opinion.:D
Skyrose Posted August 1, 2003 Posted August 1, 2003 I wish I could agree with Vash, and I really try to keep the same ideas constantly with me, but it's just an unwritten law of nature that for one to live, another must die. But I think the butterfly should have died. It fell into the spider's trap, it should have taken the consequence of that... oh well. I think Knives was just playing with Vash's mind, he wanted Vash to see what would eventually happen to the spider if the butterfly were freed anyway... But still. That damn lucky butterfly.
InuyashaDeamon Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 I would go with Vash because his ideal is on a level aabove this plane that we live on. Also every thing has the right to live even though it may only last alittle while.{sign} there is always death.
Guest XxOverSynxX Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 I would have to go with knives. For one, just because im cold hearted and evil :D And for two, becuase he is correct. To save one, you must kill the other. If vash were to save the butterfly, the spider would surely starve to death. Thus proves practicly 75% of the posts here are correct, lol/
Guest SSJ4Buster Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 Nature will do what nature will do. Its not for Vash or Knives to decide who lives or dies, their not God. But if I had to chose I would chose Vash.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now