OtakuBoards

Favorite Final Fantasy Character

Guest Zen

Hey Everyone :) this thread is kinda for the Final Fantasy fans out there because without having played the games you wouldn't really be able to answer the question. So people I am wondering " Who is your favourite Final Fantasy character from any of the games?". Opinions shouldn't be based purely on the looks of the character(although this is obviously a factor) but also on the way they act etc... Oddly enough i will answer myself once i have made a final decision :confused: there's just so much choice... so people now's our chance to find out who's the most popular overall :cool:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkOrange]my fav Final Fantasy game was FFIX because of the indeapth of the characters and the fact that they had two white mages which i both like :D but i'd have to say my top four characters would be... Quinna, Eiko, Garnet, and Zell. i like Quinna because she looks very odd and will do what ever she wants like her quote: "i do what i want! you have a problem!?" shes a very fun character through the whole game! i like Eiko for about the same reasons! shes little and unpredictable and very anoying at times but cute! I like garnet because shes a white mage and that she can get through all her problems (and man she has a bunch!) i also think its cool that she has a rod because thats my favorite weapon! i like Zell because he looks cool and that he is funny but thats about it, theres not much more to say about him :smirk: but yeah those are my reasons...[/COLOR]

I'm not going to come up with an obscure character or anything, but my favorite is Cloud. The look was great, but I liked him because he was really messed up in the head as well as heroic. He overall had one of the more disturbing pasts which was sort of in conflict with him being the heroic leader.

I think he was also the last tough looking main character, which can really help define the character when they don't have that much dialogue.

Cid is the king of Final Fantasy. You know it's true, because he's been in almost half of the games. :p

Seriously, though. He's like some kind of running-gag background character who managed to sneak into most of the first 7 games. He's built airships, toyed with summon-espers, gone into battle. He's done it all, and across several FF universes. Do you think his appearance in so many games is a coincidence? He's obviously running the show. It's just that nobody notices...

[color=indigo]Okay, this thread is going to need some serious work if it's going to avoid being deleted. (Which I almost did instead of cleaning it up and posting this).

First off, I've deleted all of the posts simply listing peoples' favorite FF characters/games. Lists are exactly what we [i]don't[/i] want to see in favorite threads, because there's absolutely no discussion value in them. If you want to post in a favorite thread (and not have your post deleted), you need to go a little in depth on what you like about that particular character, or whatever it is being asked about. Saying "My favorite character is Cloud from FFVII" isn't going to cut it.

Second, this is a thread about favorite Final Fantasy [i]characters,[/i] not games. The author of the thread specifically asked about peoples' favorite characters, so that's what people should stick to talking about. I think there's already another thread asking about favorite games, though maybe not FF games specifically.

And finally, I've edited the title of the thread to make the topic a little more apparent.[/color]

The 'Little Mage in FF9' is named Vivi, and with all of the Black Mages in the FF series, traditionally, they have a dark head with just long yellow eyes showing. Also, the 'Little, Cut, Stuffed Saving Bears' aren't stuffed at all, they're natives named 'Moogles' in the Final Fantasy Universe.

Anyway, to make sure this post doesn't get deleted, my favourite character is Zell Dincht. I just always found him to be a rather cool guy in the sense of his Limit Break (Duel), his hair and charisma. He's just a fun guy and a complete counter to the melodramatic main characters such as Cloud Strife and Squall. Don't get me wrong, every character is cool in their own way, just Zell stood out to me.

(I must agree Manic, Cid is a bit of a beast. ^_~)

Me likie Vivi :<

Why? Because's a Black Mage! Though Black Mages are popular in FF games, you've never actually witnessed real black mage characters as one of the main roles. Not to mention FF9 being my favorite game of the series since they produce more Black Mage plotline than any other (aside from the silly FF1 game where you may be a BM). His character is interesting too and [spoiler]how he turns out to be the most powerful Black Mage in existance is intense, baby[/spoiler]. Definately some serious shiz here :D

Zell was a cool character, I liked his story line and his fighting ability was well done. As for other characters I have liked I don't know. I'm rather impartial, as all the characters have always been well developed, that is what has made the game so great. So, my pick is Zell. I just felt I could relate to him more than any other character.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Well there seems to be a lot of older Final Fantasy fans here or at least replying since we're not seeing the usual "Tidus is teh kewlest 1!1!!!". Anyway that aside my personal favourite character comes from the excellent Final Fantasy VI (III in SNES terms), yes the one and only [B]Edgar Roni Figaro[/B], King, inventor and all around brilliant character. I suppose my main reason for liking him is because of the background to this particular character [spoiler]The history behind himself and his brother in regard to the ascension to the throne of Figaro was particularly interesting[/spoiler]. [/FONT] [/SIZE]

Im not very good at describing why i like characters but here goes nothing...

Galuf from FF5 is my fav FF character, his looks arent nothing special really, but seeing an old man in an RPG is just kick ***, although old he has alot of pride and is an extremely protective character, if you've ever played FF5 you'll understand what i'm getting at.He kinda reminds me of myslef, stubborn and defensive yet protective and valiant (ok im not so valiant but still). He does'nt like being told to do something nor does he like being proven wrong yet he helps his friends (and grand daughter) at all costs...well sorry but thats all i can muster, i suppose overall its his extreme similarity to me that makes me so fond of him.

[I]Cloud- He is my favorite character throughout all of the FF games. He looks cool, has amazing combos, and.......is AWESOME!

ViVi - The small little black mage from Final Fantasy 9. Hes only 9 years old and is soo cool! Although he is very clumsy, he manages to get really cool spells and gets to deal so much damage. Overall hes an amazing little mage
[/I]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]

My favorite is Auron.
Why, because he a strong character and I like his one overdrive called Shooting Star. Other reasons are that his stance and personality are cool. There should be more characters like him. That's my favorite from FF10.

From FF8 its Zell. His fighting style shows that he isn't a guy who is a distance fighter. he fights with his fists and has little magic. His overdrive is also very powerful if used at the right time. I cant remember the name but it featured an animal which I also cant remember because I haven't played it 2 years.

Those are my only favorites from the entire FF crew.
[/color][/size]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I like Sephiroth the most because I've played so little of any FF game that all I have is fleeting impressions. Sephiroth just looks cool. Also I like his masamune as well as his name. Though he is too "bishonen"-looking in my opinion.

That new viera (or whatever) character from FF XII looks cool too. Maybe she'll be my favorite if she has a cool personality (assuming I play the game at all). I always like the tanned skin + white hair look on characters for some reason.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]My favourite Final Fantasy Character is Cloud. I mean, c'mon, who else carries a sword that big? Apart from... Sephiroth and... Steiner... and. SHUT UP. Apart from that he has some of the coolest Limit Breaks in that game and a thoroughly enjoyable back-story.

Second? Aeris. I have no idea why, I just prefer her over [u]any[/u] of the other Final Fantasy heroines. Maybe its because she's really sweet, or I spent way too much time with her when I was stuck early on in the game. Either way, she rocks, and I don't care what anyone says about her being whiny and annoying. ;)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lynx][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Well there seems to be a lot of older Final Fantasy fans here or at least replying since we're not seeing the usual "Tidus is teh kewlest 1!1!!!".[/FONT'][/SIZE][/quote]
[color=indigo]Actually, that's because I've been deleting almost two out of every three posts in this thread. :twitch:

As for my favorite Final Fantasy character, that would be Cecil Harvey, the main character of Final Fantasy IV (FFII on the SNES). In the game's opening we see him as a dark knight, commanding the nation of Baron's fleet of airships, the Red Wings. At first he seems almost like a "bad guy," as he steals a crystal from the people of Mysidia, but then we see he's not too happy about it. He questions the King of Baron's motives for stealing crystals from innocent people, and ends up being relieved of command of the Red Wings and, unwittingly, is sent off to destroy a village of callers (aka summoners).

Throughout the game you discover more and more about who Cecil really is, at the same time as he's finding out for himself. All the while he tries his best to do what's right, through the corruption and manipulation happening all around him in the world. He stays determined even as his best friend betrays and almost kills him, and eventually turns from the ways of the dark knight and becomes a paladin.

You really have to admire the strength of will that Cecil has; there are times in the game where, if I were Cecil, I would be sorely tempted to just give up. No matter what happens, he presses on, determined to find out the truth behind the evil around him and then put a stop to it. He doesn't always succeed, and he actually gets his butt kicked a few times (and that's another thing -- he's not one of those all-powerful characters), but he keeps going.

And I like his attitude, also. He doesn't have an "I don't give a crap" attitude, he isn't a smartass, and he doesn't mope about. He's not overly serious, but he also doesn't screw around. He cares about the people around him, and he fights to protect them -- he feels genuinely guilty about what he did to the Mysidians and the village of Mist, and does whatever he can to make up for his mistakes, even going as far as turning against his own country to protect Rydia, a survivor from Mist.

Overall, Cecil has a lot of good qualities about him that I like, and his personality isn't too far off from my own, so I find that I can relate to him a lot more than most other characters in the Final Fantasy series. All of this combines to make him my favorite character in the series.[/color]

Personally, Edgar from FFVI is my favorite character, mostly because I think he's hilarious. Also, though, it's cool to see that he's not just a horny king 24/7; when push comes to shove, he'll set aside what he wants and fight to protect his friends and the world. He's a cool character. FFVI, overall, has most of my favorite characters in the entire series (though, I've not been fortunate enough to play FFIV yet).

my favourite character would have to be Paine. very intriguing background story which develops as the game does. the main thing i love about her are the witty and sarcastic comments she makes throughout the game.

[color=teal]Mine is definitely Orlandu the Holy Swordsman from Final Fantasy Tactics. That white beard is just so cool.

[img]http://www.ffgurus.net/fft/characters/pictures/orlandu.gif[/img]

Orlandu is the leader of the Nanten Knights in the service of Prince Goltana, and is undefeated in all of his quests and battles. As the only Holy Swordsman in the game, Orlandu can use any sword skill available--not bad for an old man, eh? His personality is quite rare for an FF character too, and that's what I like about him besides from his compelling speeches, like before casting Holy Explosion he just has to shout out: "Heaven?s wish to destroy all minds? Holy Explosion!?, it makes him stand out as some sort of god.

Regardless of his personality and dialogue, Orlandu is also a very effective party member to have; you wouldn't wan to lose him in battle. Like I said before, he can use any sword skill in the game, and reaches high levels of HP, which other characters can't really achieve thus bringing them down the ranks. Also, Orlandu can pack quite a hard physical attack, maybe not as strong as that of a Ninja, but it is worth it for those horrible 'one-hit left KO' situations.

Possible negatives would be that his compatible armour and helmets don't really provide much support. They may be strong and ductile, but tactically and elementally they aren't of great use.

Finally, a side note for the FF Cid fans. Orlandu is the Cid of Tactics. Watch closely, 'Thunder God' [b]Cid[/b]olfas Orlandu.[/color] ;)

Yes, not the easiest of decisions really. For me it's a choice between Cloud and Squall Leonhart, and, to be a little different, I'll opt for Squall. Why? At the start of the game Squall's the kind of guy no one wants to interact with, and who doesn't want to interact with anyone else. Yet throughout the game, his personality changes, he gains increasing responsibility and friends, even falls in love. Squall's a cool character because he highlights that it's never too late to change, and that even the most unlikely hero can emerge as a great leader.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=royalblue]Personally, I like Lulu from FFX. She's just a strong chick with an attitude! I can really relate to that. I also like her costume/appearance. ^o^ She carries around an abbsuive teddy bear! How cool is that? And also, I like the fact that she can use magic like that. Frankly, I just like everything about her.Gee, I hope this isn't deleted...[/color][/size][/font]

My favorite character of all Final Fantasies in all the earth would be Sephiroth. He's dark and really creepy and just what I like espeically because he is considered the strongest character of all the Final Fantasy games ever and if anybody thinks there is someone else in the FF Series who could beat him in a fight PM me.
Next up would be Auron because first off I think he's the only one who would have a chance of beating Sephiroth but he has mysterious looks, the tough guy attitude and the mysterious background and I feel sorry for him for having to travel with thw whiny little children Tidus and Rikku.
A third and final favorite would be Cloud because his voice is cool sounding in Kingdom Hearts, he is so bad*** and I am really eager to see what happens to him at the end of FFVII and Kingdom Hearts.

[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]My faforite Final Fantasy character would have to be Vincent Valentine. He is dark, mysterious and has a tragic past. I love how his limit breaks are different from the rest of the groups, slightly uncontrolable but hey. Also I think his ultimate weapon and limit are the shizit [spoiler]Death Penalty and Chaos[/spoiler] I love them.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred] [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]Also I like Ramza from final fantasy Tactics because of his determination. It seems that he fought against all odds, against anyone or anything. [spoiler]He dropped his last name and fought his brothers, he was branded as a heretic and fought the church and he also fought the power of the zodiac stones[/spoiler] [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]CLoud, What more needs to be said. He practically made the gigantic sword famous and he has been in the most RPG's as himself than any other FF character. (Kingdom Hearts, FF:Tactics, obviously FFVII and a reference in FFIX) [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]I also like Squall, Tidus, Zidane, Vivi, Amarant, and Auron (I'm an indecisive person so I have a hard time narrowing things down) but I will just leave it at 3.[/color][/font]

Guest Jentin
This is probably just me, but I like the emotionless, speechless characters from Final Fantasy I the best. To play Final Fantasy I after playing other Final Fantasy games was a refreshing change of pace, where I didn't have any characters to really get attached to. There were no complex pasts to think about, no personalities to watch clash, just watching characters attack monsters and cast magic. It was nice where the only thing you really had to care about with the characters was that their HP hasn't dropped to 0.

I think its sephiroth. Hes really cool in a dark and evil kinda way. The main thing that makes him the best is his awsome sword. Everyone should try fighting him in kingdom hearts (emphesis on the word try). In this fight he uses all sorts of cool moves. After that, i would probably say Auron because, once again, he carries a awsome sword and i like his calm and serios attitude.

I feel i should also mention my most hated charater and that would be, without question, zidane. I mean, 10 minites into the game you want to see him plummeting down a ravine or something. I hate the guy.

• 4 weeks later...
My most favorits of all the characters from FF series would hafta be Sephiroth!!! He seems to be a person that is always in deep thought. He has a look that makes him dark and mysterious. Its so hard to explain him cus i thinks hes kinda complex. Thats what i think is cool about him.

Vincent is a great charcter too...hes seems so gothic and evil. He's limit breaks are awesome and i luv his costume...

Aeris is a type of character that keeps you optmistic thoughout the game... shes always trying to cheer everyone up and she brings this warm feeling when its her turn to speak in the game..

I also like Rinoa....i like her costume and her personality is really up beat and cheerful

Theres also dagger, vivi. and cloud but a couple of people mentioned about them before and i have the same opinion about them.

i no im only soppose to choose one but there are so many different characters with different personalities and traits, its hard to compare them and choose only one b/c there all different