OtakuBoards

Most Annoying Video Game Enemies

Venge

Has there ever been an enemy that you really hated? One that appeared all the time, though dispatched easily, always appeared in mass numbers? Well, here, express your inner hatred -cough- I mean feelings about those enemies.

Mine would have to be the Cliff Racer from Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. OH MY GOD! These things drive me crazy! I see one far off in the distance. (I mean where you can barely make out anything) I turn around and go the other way...2 seconds later, him and 6 of his buddies are right behind me, TRYING to slaughter me...thats when I take out my Glass Longsword and lay the smack down on dem biznatches! But it's just their repeated appearence and their tenacity to attack something that is 500X stronger than them....:animeangr

>>Matt

Submit all you want.

[size=1][color=DarkRed][font=Times New Roman]Hmmm, I would have to say all the heartless in KH, the are everywhere. You'll be running somewhere and boom, poof they are everywhere. It just gets old after awhile its like hey I just wanna get from here to here.

I would also have to say Hill Gigas of FFI, in one dungeon I think I ran into like 5 back to back. And at the point of game I was at I wasn't that strong. It sucked, I was like what is this, and it's pointless to try and run so I just gave it my all.

And I have to give a shout out to the regenerators, and dogs of Resident Evil 4. Regenerators are just pure evil, their creepy music plays, and you have to kill the stupid parasite they have, that you can't see unless you have [Spoiler]the thermal scope[/spoiler] They are just annoying, they take too much ammo if you don't have the previously mentioned equipeed.

Then the dogs for some reason scare me more, but they are easy to kill, but they are fast and have flailing tentacles. And you can hear the growling like for 5 minutes before you get close to them. All the other parasites are pretty annoying too, especially when they pop out of someones head. The nosvistradors suck too. But I love the game lol.
[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='shadowofdeath13][size=1][color=DarkRed][font=Times New Roman]Hmmm, I would have to say all the heartless in KH, the are everywhere.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Word.

Note to Square: Button-mashing is not fun. At all.

The red Enigmas from DMC3 annoy the heck out of me as well, because they usually appear in pairs or swarms, and are quite a bit more difficult to knock back than the normal Enigmas.[/SIZE]

Here I will list two that everysingle individual here will agree is the WORSE. First being the Emerald Weapon and second the Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy VII.. Why you ask? well in my opinion they would Pwn Sephiroth like he was a paper back caught in a updraft. Nuff said. I'll add more when I got on my computer.

Have any of you guys played X-Men Legends II? The most annoying enemy was Mikhail because both times I played the game and had to play him twice because the first time through I killed him but it wouldn't let me move on. :mad:

Oh, and those kids at the arcade games at Lazer Quest. You beat them when they come and play on your game, then they beat you and run off claiming to be undefeated. Unfortunately, society frowns upon one kid laying out another kid that everyone hates anyway.

Most annoying enemy for me... well I have three:

1)Doku from [I]Ninja Gaiden[/I]. He pretty hard and his cheap grab attack sucks. The worst part is that every time I beat him my Xbox says something is wrong with the disc before I can save, so I have to do it again.

2)The Elites and Brutes on [I]Halo 2[/I] on Legendary. That's hard. Even the blue one, the "weakest ones" are near impossible. But the Brutes, when berserking, are melee monsters. Two hits and your dead, and that sucks.

3)Has to be the Flood from [I]Halo[/I]. They just kept coming and on Legendary they were like the Brutes. In some places there was infinite spawn for them, and when your out of ammo, your screwed.

:alcohol: :drunk: :sick:

One of the most annoying enemies that I've faced lately has to be the Bulldog Colossus from Shadow of the Colossus.....I forgot which number it was.

He's super fast and if he knocks you down he just keeps raming you until you're dead.
It gets pretty annoying after a while.

[QUOTE=shadowofdeath13][size=1][color=DarkRed][font=Times New Roman]Hmmm, I would have to say all the heartless in KH, the are everywhere.

I HAVE TO AGREE i hate the heartless but i mostly hate Ansem he is tough and he constantly is putting obsticles in your way :animeangr

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I didn't think that the Heartless in KH was all that bad. In fact, I wanted more of them! They really hellped me lvl up a lot and I got a lot of stuff in order to get the final keyblade. So, all in all, I didn't think it was that bad.

The most annyoing enemies would have to be those random animals from FF VII. Man, everytime you took just one step, there would be a random animal right there in front of you. No wonder why it took me so long to finish that dang game. XD But, I guess that was part of it's fun-ness too. XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I'll put this in spoilers since this is a ToS "secret" boss:[/color][/size]

[spoiler][size=1]Abyssion is tops on my list, since not only does he have HP out the wazoo, he knows all your techniques, he takes them and [i]throws them back at you. And they hurt when he does that[/i], you know, with him being the uber-evil bad guy of darkness and such.

I recently took him on in Mania mode, and let me tell you, fighting him with 240,000 HP (as apposed to the normal 120K) and without an All-Divide provided 15 minutes of [i]FUN[/i] [/sarcasm][/spoiler][/size]

[quote name='Corrina]Krauser from Resident Evil 4 was [b]really[/b'] annoying. He just wouldn't die, or go away.[/quote][size=1][font=Tahoma][color=DarkRed]My friend stuggled with him to, then he let me try and I killed him without him touching me, on professional, it was awesome. My advice is use your knife, much easier. Anyways, I thought of another.

All the creatures, fiends and beasts of Memoria in FFIX. They suck I hate them, they make Memoria on of the hardest places in the game I think.
[/color][/font][/size]

To the guy who said Sin: Pshaa! That battle is cake! Just train a little more. If lulu has doublecast and Yuna has any strong black magic, it should be cake.

To the guy who said Abyssion: Personally I've never challenged him, but if you check out Holystar RPG Media Files, they have videos of people beating him on mania using Lloyd at level 7 or Sheena at level 9 all solo batttles.

To the guy who said Hill Gygas: If you were in the dungeon where you fight the vampire, you may have been in the shiny area where every time you take a step you battle.

My pick goes to... any moving boss from Fire Emblem. You have to keep all your guys distanced, then figure out who can take on the boss and live through the other guys who will attack, and it's just an overall pain in the ***, especially when you've got the black knight and three wyvern riders who you don't want to kill all on your tail.

Hmmm; Well one of he most annoying enemies I've fought in a games are the Azzoddesses in Suikoden 3. The things are quick and srrong and will always perform this move which targets the entire party. Thank god that the thunder spell it casts isn't full strength or otherwise you would be wiped out by it.

However; Non RPG then I must say that any Jedi in Star Wars Battlefront are that tight. Its nothing much but I believe that they are invincible as well as being able to kill anything in one hit.

Oh yeah, and the toughest of them all. TROGDOR!!! for Peasents Quest.

[color=#4B0082]Blue Bubbles from the second quest of The Legend of Zelda. If you dispute this fact, you must not have played the second quest.

Why are they so annoying? Well, if you get hit by one, you can't swing your sword. No, not just for a short amount of time, like with the bubbles in the first quest. You just can't at all until you go and touch a Red Bubble. Most of the time in dungeons, there will be lots of Blue Bubbles and only a few Red Bubbles. Sometimes there'll be rooms with Blue Bubbles mixed in with Blue Darknuts; get hit by a bubble there, and you can no longer damage the Darknuts. And did I mention enemies respawn if you go more than a few rooms away? Yeah, so don't get hit, or else you'll probably have to try all over again even if you killed a few of the Darknuts on your first attempt. In short, they can make your life in that game a living hell.[/color]

Drones in Halo 2 were some of the most annoying enemies on Legendary difficulty. They always surround me and rip me apart in seconds. There's never anywhere to take cover. To make matters worse, they're really fast and difficult to hit, and the only weapon, aside from explosives, that can take them down quickly is the Sniper Rifle. Unfortunately, Drones are usually very close to you, making it very hard to shoot them with it.

Also, the Cactaurs and Qactaurs in FFX when you're at a low level. They always ambushed me, killed off a teammate or two, and ran.

I'll go with a more recent game. The Castlevania game for DS. I [i]hate[/i] the (brown) Medusa Heads... They float around in that classic "sine wave" shaped path...Then when they touch you, you turn to stone until you mash all your buttons totalling 50 times. This is okay in some situations, but they insist on spawning in mass numbers, re-freezing you, and being near spikes or moving platforms that drag you into spikes. Oh, and you take a constant 1/5 of your max health in damage from spikes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stafal-chan
Seymor from FFX pissed me the hell off! He really just needed TO DIE and stay dead! geez i think u hadda kill that dude like 10 times!!! i especially hated his form in Mt. Gagazet! Took me a while to kill him and then when i thought that was the last time i'd fight him no i was wrong he hadda pop up again!

Cubia in the .hack games i haven't beaten Quarentine yet, but you just continously fight that thing too. and switching from attack to magic is a pain in the ***.

Guest Mr.Wensday
When it comes to annoying enemies the Enforcers from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time take the cake thoughs bastards were jus too damn strong and where everywhere, personally that is

Remember Legend of Dragoon? Those Rainbow Bird things that showed up near the end of the game. They take no damage, and unlike the other "invincible" enemies in the game, they don't hit you once or twice and run off. They just bash your face in until you manage to run, which can be difficult.

Other pretty bad fights include:

Cubia from the .hack series (Even though my character was way high level and had impressive physical and magic power). The fights are just so drawn out, and my secondary party members can be incredibly stupid sometimes.

Fallen from DMC3. They just bug me because they sink into and through all obstacles, and sometimes it can just take way longer than it seems possible to break their shields.

And the last fight with Viola in Zone of the Enders 2, hard mode. That one where you can't do anything but grab? Where you lose if you kill her? For me she'd always start damaging herself. The only way to get her out of that mode is by hitting her. If you choose to play as Naked Jehuty (which I love to do so I can be all like 'MUAHAHAHAHA I ownzors youzzz!!!111!1one!!1), hitting her even once is pretty much 'Good Game'.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]I have to say the most annoying enemies in any game were all those orgmen (sp?) from Gungrave. It's like everytime you kill one of them like a hundred more come from nowhere.

Another (sort of) enemy that got on my nerves were those white mushrooms from Kingdom Hearts. I could never figure out exactly what they wanted, so I could never get any mysterious goo.[/COLOR]

I'd Have to say that the worst/irritating enemy would have to be the wizzrobes in The legend of zelda The WindWaker I mean they would summon other things to distract you and when you killed off all the keese I was like ok now for a fire arrow in the face but no they would summon a darknut or stalfos and then throw fire balls at me grrr...i hated the wind temple.

Aniother enemy i hated was those dogs in Resident evil 4 the growling and the creepy tunes they put on and the lack of a rocket launcher/Shotgun ammo didnt help much either...peace

[quote name='kumkuat14']I'd Have to say that the worst/irritating enemy would have to be the wizzrobes in The legend of zelda The WindWaker I mean they would summon other things to distract you and when you killed off all the keese I was like ok now for a fire arrow in the face but no they would summon a darknut or stalfos and then throw fire balls at me grrr...i hated the wind temple.[/quote]

[color=darkred]Yeah, Wizrobes were pretty annoying for all the wrong reasons. I found the Wizrobes from the original NES LoZ to be even more of a nuisance, however. They were just unbeatable in my eyes, even though by the time you first encounter them you should pretty much be stocked up on items like red or blue rings and the liking. It was the constant teleporting that did it for me, plus the fact that they were somewhat over-powered. I swear, I thought Kamek was a ***** in Super Mario World.[/color]