OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='botar15']Back to Drizzt Do'urden, I do stuff for chicks all the time and i get there number alot, is it real? Uhhh, maybe.[/quote]

See, then Hinata deserves a little Naruto lovin. I always sort've thought they'd get together, though it seems more of a big brother thing for Naruto.

I'm not enjoying the six-tailed version with bones showing out and everything... It just looks... strange? I mean, bones flapping and moving around like that?

Maybe I am just imagining or seeing this wrong... XD

What will the eight or nine-tailed version show next? I can't even guess...

[SIZE="1"]If you want a series that truly crushes optimism Ace you need to be watching Gundam 00, not only would Hinata most certain be dead having tried to save him, but she'd have died in a completely gruesome way at Naruto's hand. Yeesh there are times when that series makes Evangelion look light-hearted...actually wait I take that back, nothing could ever out-emo that show.

While the running commentary on the fight from all quarters is starting to get a bit irritating, when you know they should be trying to get all the survivors together and away from the battlefield it's apparently reaching the climax between Naruto and Pein which is welcome at this point because it too is starting to drag on a little.

The reference to Kabuto was interesting hopefully we'll get to see the mad scientist appear again in the future.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]Or not, seeing as he panicked and is pegging it back to Konoha. I don't think he'll get a chance to explain anything for another forty chapters while Naruto and Pein begin their journey into the shipper's minds as another approachable couple. Unless, of course, Yamato graces us with something we already know, like 'I've been tracking Kabuto!', which will be repeated ad infinitum until his mouth drops off.

My bad for the wrong spoiler, by the way. Zetsu is still as elusive as ever, it seems.

I'm interested to know who will actually end up killing Pein. Will Naruto destroy Yahiko's body first, or will the others find Nagato, or would something else vaguely interesting happen like both being done in at once?[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh what the hell.

Time for chapter 438 recapping.

Chapter opens with Naruto, who is wearing a fox skeleton in a slightly suggestive manner. Hinata is over there bleeding on the ground for no damn reason. The village seems to have noticed her, though.

Tsunade's necklace starts to act up on Naruto. I'm guessing this is a last-minute type of thing, because Kishimoto most likely forgot all about the necklace until now. Foxy boy crushes it in his hand, which sends him reeling but he's basically none the worse for the wear. Some damn seal, Go-die-may Failkage.

Pein is intimidated, so he does a Force Push. Unfortunately, the force is strong with this one. Pein is the one who is instead sent flying. Another shot of Hinata bleeding on the ground here just to remind us how much of a douche Kishimoto is, and Naruto fires his lazer. Pien hit him with a rock (I think, this page looks terrible,) and the eam is deflected into a nearby mountain, which it instantly destroys.

Cut back to Konoha, where all the side characters sit around and tell us what we already know for the umpteenth time. Sakura tells all the ninjas to run like little sissy girls, because, as we have told you fifteen thousand times before, Naruto is the only one able to stnd on even ground with Pein and anyone who tries to help him will be instantly stricken with plot-induced stupidity and left to die like a dog.

Cut to Yamato and Sai. I think. It's been so long that it's hard to recognize them. and some random chick. She looks familiar, but I can't....

OH HOLY CRAP IT'S ANKO.

So she does exist. That wasn't a figment of my imagination, then? There really was a time when this character had a whole subplot to herself? And Kishi really did shove her on a bus shortly after the Chuunin Exams? And we haven't seen her since?

Once again, Kishimoto is a douche.

Anyway, Sai found Nagato and Yamato has to rush back to Konoha and cut off some demon tails.

Cut back to the fight, and some mega fan disservice here. Sith Pein's robe is half-destroyed, exposing much of his bruised, battered and pierced chest. Then again, I suppose that appeals to someone. Everything appeals to someone. He starts running away from the kid, who pursues him. The village notices and moves in to rescue Hinata. That's a little better, but the situation was still uncalled for, so Kishi is still a douche.

Chapter ends with Pein about to pull off his ultimate technique.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.rombocket.com/VARITY/phoenix_wright_hold_it!.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

Didn't this idiot already pull off an "Ultimate Technique" when destroying Konoha? WTF Kishi. Make up ya damn mind.

The end.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Anyway, Sai found [B]Kabuto[/B] and Yamato has to rush back to Konoha and cut off some demon tails.[/FONT][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Fix'd.

Additionally...

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26819&stc=1&d=1236674947[/IMG]

Is anyone else sensing a facepalm moment for this ridiculously banal display of maths skills? Wow, but those ninja are talented to know that six is greater than four. Bad, bad writings.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26819&stc=1&d=1236674947[/IMG]

Is anyone else sensing a facepalm moment for this ridiculously banal display of maths skills? Wow, but those ninja are talented to know that six is greater than four. Bad, bad writings.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

At this point, I don't think even Kishimoto cares, seeing as he seems to be pulling the story out of his own a**. :animesigh

[SIZE="1"]Spoilers for this week.

[spoiler]Naruto reaches eight tails of release before being stopped from taking down the final seal (that is the one actually on the cage within his mind) by the Yondaime. Apparently the two have a chat and Naruto finally learns about his true parentage.[/spoiler] [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Spoilers for this week.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][spoiler]Naruto reaches eight tails of release before being stopped from taking down the final seal (that is the one actually on the cage within his mind) by the Yondaime. Apparently the two have a chat and Naruto finally learns about his true parentage.[/spoiler] [/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]I just saw those too ^_______^ For all the rest of the shaky bits around this arc, I'm looking forward to this bit. Methinks Kishi is having difficulty dividing his focus between secondary established characters and the more exciting main story. When it wasn't about Sasuke at least, the continuous stories are pretty decent.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed, I think a lot of angry fans are actually quite subdued with this chapter spoiler. Given we've been wondering for ages how [spoiler]Naruto would react to meeting the Yondaime and the revelations of his own ancestry.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

Im still pissed that [spoiler]Hinata died[/spoiler] but its cool, I predicted that 4th was [spoiler]Naruto's Father[/spoiler]. Seriously though even i had miniscule faith naruto wouldn't be stupid enough to release the fox. Plus now that we know we can say [spoiler] 4th is smart for sealing the fox, but stupid in his own son....[/spoiler]

[quote name='chibi-master']Actually, I believe spoilers said that [spoiler]Hinata is actually still alive, if just barely[/spoiler].[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Indeed, although given the sheer amount of destructive energy that accompanies each successive tail released, as well as Pein's ultimate capture technqiue one would wonder exactly how she is still alive. Not complaining, merely confused somewhat.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Just some silliness that some people have pointed out at TZ. When a member of Akatsuki is about to die the coat comes off. Now that I think about it, that's actually true. I hear that Pein came out his coat, so I'm wondering if he's gonna kick the bucket now..?

There's some spoiler floating around showing Naruto punching Minato in the gut for sealing the ninetails in him... If I'd punch my father, I wouldn't live to see another day.

"Just noticed who the person in Gavin's avy/sig is" (One of the bestest characters nowdays)[/font]

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium]Just some silliness that some people have pointed out at TZ. When a member of Akatsuki is about to die the coat comes off. Now that I think about it, that's actually true. I hear that Pein came out his coat, so I'm wondering if he's gonna kick the bucket now..?[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yup coat-loss has been a portent for the death of the Akatsuki member since Hidan and Kakuzu way back when. Of course it doesn't count with Team Fail seeing as their coats weren't weave from 100% badass like the others so they got away with just a fairly severe ***-whopping until Sasuke pulled out his 1337 Haxingan skillz.

As for Naruto gut-punching his father (it's confirmed by the way) I have to admit it's fairly reasonable. He's been an outside for the past 16 years and then suddenly he's told the reason behind it all is because his dad put a demon in him and can apparently appear in his mind and converse with him. This leads to the question why he didn't do a seal that would take effect at the first or second tail so Naruto would you know, know about his heritage instead of right before he goes to go off the deep end. Still apparently it was just a knee-jerk reaction.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]It makes sense to me that Minato would hide himself until the later stages of the Kyuubi's release, as that's when it's more likely to be gaining control over Naruto than the other way round, and likely when he'll most need help not to succumb to its powers ([I]a la[/I] what we almost saw). He probably knew the Demon Fox's power would help him in his struggles early on, when Naruto could still manipulate it to his will, or at least when there are other people (like Jiraiya and Yamato) who can deal with it. So yeah.

And not learning of his hertiage before he could handle it is probably a good thing, too; imagine if Naruto had known from the start that he was the son of the most powerful Hokage so far, [I]and[/I] that he housed the most powerful demon monster in the world within his body... methinks arrogance and destruction would reign supreme. Would make for a great retelling of the story, though ^__^[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]It makes sense to me that Minato would hide himself until the later stages of the Kyuubi's release, as that's when it's more likely to be gaining control over Naruto than the other way round, and likely when he'll most need help not to succumb to its powers ([I]a la[/I] what we almost saw). He probably knew the Demon Fox's power would help him in his struggles early on, when Naruto could still manipulate it to his will, or at least when there are other people (like Jiraiya and Yamato) who can deal with it. So yeah.[/quote][/color]
[SIZE="1"]
Maybe, I still feel the earlier he'd learned his origins for himself the better. Yes Minato being there right as he was about to take down the seal and give him a talk did calm him down out of his eight-tailed state, but I still feel a brief message from him around the one-tailed state would've been immensely beneficial for Naruto as well. Perhaps the 4th expected Naruto to know about who he was already as opposed to the information black-out regarding Naruto and the Kyuubi that the 3rd implimented.
[/SIZE]
[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]And not learning of his hertiage before he could handle it is probably a good thing, too; imagine if Naruto had known from the start that he was the son of the most powerful Hokage so far, [I]and[/I] that he housed the most powerful demon monster in the world within his body... methinks arrogance and destruction would reign supreme. Would make for a great retelling of the story, though ^__^[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Have to disagree here, if anything Naruto's knowledge of his origins as well as his powers wouldn't have given rise to even the possibility that he might follow down Gaara's path of psychotic destruction. I don't think it's in his character to become selfish and arrogant like Sasuke, even if he were to know he had the potential to become the most powerful ninja the village had ever produced. Sure he'd probably question as to whether people liked him as a person instead of liking him because he was the son of the 4th, but even then I figure it would still be the former with most people. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I don't think it's in his character to become selfish and [b]arrogant[/b] like Sasuke, even if he were to know he had the potential to become the most powerful ninja the village had ever produced.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hehe. I have him pegged as the most arrogant ninja in this series. (Perhaps even moreso than Kabuto.. Can't stand him either.) Even though he knows his boundaries and whatnot, I still say he's the most arrogant.

[quote name='Gavin][size=1']As for Naruto gut-punching his father (it's confirmed by the way) I have to admit it's fairly reasonable.[/quote][/size]
No doubt it's reasonable. I was just saying if I'd ever punch my old man, I wouldn't live to see another day :) Reasonable or not lol.[/FONT]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hehe. I have him pegged as the most arrogant ninja in this series.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Being determined to be the strongest one day and walking around like you're hot snot are two very different things. One takes extreme motivation and a willingness to work hard towards your goal, all the while being aware of your current deficiency; the other just makes people hate you.

I wouldn't classify Naruto as arrogant. Presumptuous and bull-headed, but not arrogant. He lacks insolent pride, something Sasuke has in spades.

[quote name='Magus'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hehe. I have him pegged as the most arrogant ninja in this series. (Perhaps even moreso than Kabuto.. Can't stand him either.) Even though he knows his boundaries and whatnot, I still say he's the most arrogant.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I've never thought of Naruto as arrogant; he's headstrong, stupidly-overconfident and and with a level of determination nothing but another shoenen protagonist could match. I've always thought that arrogance required a certain level of distain that Naruto just doesn't possess as demonstrated throughout the manga, not once has he ever thought himself, or said himself better than someone else...unlike a certain Uchiha.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Perhaps, "the most" I shouldn't have used, but in the words of [spoiler]Byakuya[/spoiler], thinking himself to be able to achieve the greatest rank is a sign of arrogance...

"cough" I'm done trippin now. :) Y'all should know by now that anything I say about Naruto is bias-based.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...