OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Lunar']More Dubstep. Stil listening to Burial, although I've found a new artist- Mt. Eden.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Dubstep, eh? Are Burial and Mt. Eden both dupstep artists?

My sister is very into it and I recently bought my first dubstep album. It's pretty good, although not as good as the stuff my sister has been listening to lately.

Most recently I've been listening to a lot of Deadmau5. Just bought one of his albums and I'm liking almost every track.[/font]

[quote name='James'][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Dubstep, eh? Are Burial and Mt. Eden both dupstep artists?

My sister is very into it and I recently bought my first dubstep album. It's pretty good, although not as good as the stuff my sister has been listening to lately.

Most recently I've been listening to a lot of Deadmau5. Just bought one of his albums and I'm liking almost every track.[/FONT][/quote]

If you like dubstep, scour the internet for a guy named Joker. I believe there's a torrent of his music floating around the pirate bay. :) He made his Canadian debut right here in Vancouver a few months ago, and it was a great set.

Deadmau5 played a free show during the Olympics and I must say the man is amazing.

Currently listening to Madlib - Slim's Return

[FONT="Times New Roman"][CENTER][B]Now:[/B] Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
[B]Artist:[/B] Daft Punk
[B]Album:[/B] Discovery[/CENTER]

Like I stated in my [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=851339#post851339"][B][I]last post[/B][/I][/URL] I've been listening to this album.

If we need another reason: it's Daft Punk.
Enough said.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Circa Survive's newest single, "Get Out." I love it so much already and their album hasn't even come out yet. I'm super excited because I'm going through another Circa Survive phase.[/SIZE]

[youtube]CNwQ2UeV3ec[/youtube]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am listening Miles Davis - Kind of Blue and Franz Ferdinand. Both albums are very nice to listen. I like to listen them all the time. Right now i am listening the song waiting for tonight of Jeniffer Lopez.

[font=franklin gothic medium]It's a shame music on YouTube is such horrible quality. Anyway, I've been getting into Deadmau5 quite a bit more lately. Here's one of my favourite Deadmau5 tracks. I miss him last time he played in Melbourne - hopefully he'll be coming back sometime this year!

[youtube]bTwGElgiCoo[/youtube][/font]

[quote]If you like dubstep, scour the internet for a guy named Joker. I believe there's a torrent of his music floating around the pirate bay. He made his Canadian debut right here in Vancouver a few months ago, and it was a great set.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]That Joker track wasn't bad. But I'm more a fan of stuff like this:

[youtube]_3PAaTeRxYk[/youtube]

As one of the commenters said, it sounds like something that would be on Megatron's playlist. Haha

I'm not usually a fan of something that minimal, but for me it's what makes dubstep different to other stuff I might listen to.[/font]

[font=garamond][color=darkgreen]I could never get into dubstep, which is a bit odd, because I love drum and bass big time. Big time! And even better than drum and bass is breakcore, which I am listening to at the moment.

Favorite albums currently:

The Teknoist: ...like a hurricane made of zombies
DJ Hidden: The later after
Hellfish & Producer: constant mutation

If you take anything from this post, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qVFPw1gCF8"]let it be this![/URL]

[/font][/color]

[size=1]These have been in regular rotation on my Zune for the past couple of days.[/size]

[YOUTUBE=The Acacia Strain - "See You Next Tuesday"]UEZjJGjK8sM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=Born of Osiris - "Now Arise"]2CGwnwKaF10[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=Arsonists Get All The Girls - "Scobra vs. Cupcake: Battle of the Bulge"]m8baoZ38Xg4[/YOUTUBE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]These are all I've been listening to for the past two or three days now:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Let's Dance, Boys!"]RSAVs4XyVcE[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I've only played the Bayonetta demo, but holy Swiss cheese this song is all sorts of awesome. I want it to be my battle theme.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Between Sheets"]m8R_7rSeTVI[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]And now for something that sounds radically different, here's Between Sheets by Imogen Heap. The title makes it sound perverse, but it's actually a really sweet song. :) It's really peaceful and relaxing, too.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[font="Times New Roman"]downloaded [B][I]For Lack Of A Better Name[/B][/I] by deadmau5, hoping that if I listen to the album long enough, I'll get used to it.
Although it was nice to learn that Moar Ghosts & Stuff is in DJ Hero 2, and he got paired up with Lady GaGa, which isnt as bad as some say.
When I'm not streaming that album, I'm usually listening to Innerpartysystem's remixes, particularly fond of their take on [B][I]Talk Like That[/B][/I] by The Presets.[/font]

I was just listening to [i]White Irises Blind[/i] by Scorn. I've been of fan of Scorn for years, but I finally got my own copy of this, so I know keep listening to it over and over. Also, I can't stay away from [i]Talkie Walkie [/i]by Air for too long. It's playing right now, actually.

I leave for a few months and BAM! New epic board. Me likely, me likely.

Well, I'd probably list a bunch of my newest favorite songs but, I kind of do not have all my music anymore. I accidentally lost it all when my iPod messed up. Hooray! I managed to get some music back, but it is NOT enough!

I've managed to listen to most of the new The Used CD, and it was not that bad, what I heard of it before my music got lost anyways. The new A Hero A Fake CD, Let Oceans Lie, is pretty damn good. Great progressive hardcore, as always. I have Suicide Season: Cut Up by Bring me the Horizon, and I like the techno remixes of their songs, it is a little different for me, but I like it. I have the new In Fear and Faith CD as well, but I haven't managed to listen to that much.

Two bands I'm really looking forward to seeing more from are Thy Art is Murder, creaters of Infinite Death, which is a pretty good little CD. And also, the 7-song CD, The Hearts of Lonely People, from band Isles and Glaciers, with Craig Owens and the lead singer of Emerosa. I can not wait to see some new material from them.

And finally, there is The Boy Will Drown. I have fallen in love with their music. Dead Girls is a good song by them, as well as Akura-Class and Suis La Luna, all three of these songs can be found on their CD Fetish. Which any lover of brutal music should listen to. Edited by Jabberwocky