OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]Does somebody in the know mind explaining why [URL]http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=40391[/URL] this is listed as Admin? I'm mordibly curious.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]What the deuce?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This moment of heartbreaking brought to you by Disney, the Happiest Place on Earth.

Gosh that slogan seems pretty pessimistic sometimes.[/FONT][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]To be fair, "Disney" isn't really a place, and that slogan doesn't refer to the company as a whole.[/font]

[quote name='Sara'][FONT=helvetica]To be fair, "Disney" isn't really a place, and that slogan doesn't refer to the company as a whole.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Although apparently there is actually a place called [/SIZE][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney,_Oklahoma"][SIZE=1]Disney, in Oklahoma.[/SIZE][/URL]

[quote name='Nerdsy;][color=deeppink]Does somebody in the know mind explaining why [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=40391"]this[/URL'] is listed as Admin? I'm mordibly curious.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]That's not the member you're looking for.

[I]*waves hand*[/I][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Well Chibi, if you want to get a kitten, then don't let me stop you... :animeswea I'd go with one or the other. A lot of kittens need good homes too and sjdhhkjsdf I've just made myself sad. ;_; Again.

But yeah, I do hate it when an animal gets older, and they just get thrown out cause they're not "cute" anymore. :/ Ugh.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Personally, I think the kittens would have an easier time of getting adopted than an old cat, so I think I'll try to go for that. Now I must battle my parents on the matter... My dad, being as cruel as he is, has THIS opinion of adopting animals: "I don't like doing it myself, though it's a good idea. Most of the time when you adopt an animal, you're just adopting another person's problem." This opinion lead to a very big fight scene involving all manner of raised voices and arguments.

Ack! My fingers froze up again... So...cold...:animedepr

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Cartoon Network live action has pissed me off once again.

They have this 5 minute documentary thing called [B]My Dad's a Pro[/B], starring Eddie House's 9 year old son. The child has a decently large wall-mounted plasma TV in his room.

I don't care if you're Bill frickin' Gates. That's too much spent on frivolous objects for a child too young to appreciate it. Nice job teaching him the value of money, pops.[/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I didn't even know who that was until I googled it. Shows how much I pay attention to sports...

At least CN Real got canned. Sure, some of the shows are still floundering around, but the block itself is gone for good. You know it's bad when Wikipedia [U][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobb%27e_Says"]requires a [B]citation[/B][/URL][/U] [I]to know whether or not something on one of the shows is funny[/I].[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Happy happy happy happy happy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]Please don't do that because now all I see is this harrassment video of Ren & Stimpy singing the Happy Happy Joy Joy song.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Fourth World'][B]loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment [/B]

[B]n=y where y=hope and n=folly[/B]

[B]love=lies, life=death, self=dark side[/B][/quote]

[B]loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment[/B]= self esteme

[B]n=y where y=hope and n=folly[/B]
simplified hope=folly

[B]love=lies, life=death, self=dark side[/B]
simplified code of the sith...

does this make me good at math?

[quote name='CaNz']
simplified code of the sith...

does this make me good at math?[/quote]

[B]Puny mortal. Those deluded Sith are too concerned with the idea of "self". They fail to recognize that there is no such thing as personal identity or individuality. Once they are taught that all living and nonliving things are merely extensions of the great Darkseid's will they will kneel and die for him just as any other being should.

DARKSEID IS.[/B]

[quote name='Fourth World'][B]Once they are taught that all living and nonliving things are merely extensions of the great Darkseid's will they will kneel and die for him just as any other being should.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]How great can someone be if they can be destroyed by singing?[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]How great can someone be if they can be destroyed by singing?[/COLOR][/quote]

[B]Look, followers of Darkseid are always getting this crap, and you know what?

A) Darkseid was already weakened by being shot with a GOD-KILLING BULLET.
B) His defenses were not raised yet as he was busy with that whole process where he turns into a post-physical quasi-conceptual GOD. Let's see you do that on a good day.

Plus, y'now, it was Superman singing. That guy can do anything.

BUT ONE DAY HE TOO SHALL KNEEL.[/B]

[quote name='Fourth World'][B]
A) Darkseid was already weakened by being shot with a GOD-KILLING BULLET.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Oh yeah, you mean that part where, after subjugating most of the world and completely ravaging nearly every metahuman organization on the planet for weeks, a powerless human prisoner with delusions of being a ninja broke out of his Darkseid's prison, waltzed into his throne room and just shot him? Yeah, that totally happens to the greats all the time.

By the way, how's it coming with killing the darned Mister Miracle? You know, that New God who's only special ability is he can pick a lock [i]really[/i] well? OH WAIT.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]Oh yeah, you mean that part where, after subjugating most of the world and completely ravaging nearly every metahuman organization on the planet for weeks, a powerless human prisoner with delusions of being a ninja broke out of his Darkseid's prison, waltzed into his throne room and just shot him? Yeah, that totally happens to the greats all the time.[/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=deeppink]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black][B]That was not great lord Darkseid's fault. Rather, Simyan and Mokkarri were unable to contain the Batman for the mild-melding process which would have yielded and army of clones for Him. Darkseid was failed by his servants and will select more trustworthy ones after torturing those two pathetic scientists in his Flesh-Vats.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[/COLOR][quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]By the way, how's it coming with killing the darned Mister Miracle? You know, that New God who's only special ability is he can pick a lock [I]really[/I] well? OH WAIT.[/COLOR][/quote]
[B]
He escaped Death. So has Darkseid, when he ripped himself free from the Source Wall. It's simply a matter of time before Scott Free realizes that there are no chains and locks to break when the whole room around him, the very air that he breaths is Darkseid. When he does, his only escape will be into the cold embrace of death, and he will discover that Darkseid owns that too.

You seem quite interested in argument. Dissent. Perhaps when your soul ingests The Equation you will finally see the truth.
[/B]

[quote name='Fourth World']
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black][B]That was not great lord Darkseid's fault. Rather, Simyan and Mokkarri were unable to contain the Batman for the mild-melding process which would have yielded and army of clones for Him. Darkseid was failed by his servants and will select more trustworthy ones after torturing those two pathetic scientists in his Flesh-Vats.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Given his track record with servants, I doubt he'll fare much better with replacements.

There are only so many times a despot's lackies can fail before it becomes the despot's fault for not being able to hire competant employees.[/color]

[quote][b][size=2][color=black]He escaped Death. So has Darkseid, when he ripped himself free from the Source Wall. It's simply a matter of time before Scott Free realizes that there are no chains and locks to break when the whole room around him, the very air that he breaths is Darkseid. When he does, his only escape will be into the cold embrace of death, and he will discover that Darkseid owns that too.[/b][/size][/color][/quote]

[color=deeppink]This brings to mind that one time where Darkseid was simply going to kill Mister Miracle outright, but Mister Miracle talked him out of it by pointing out that if Darkseid killed everyone who didn't obey him or like him, he'd be all by himself.

In other words, Darkseid is just lonely. It's pitiable, really. : ([/color]

[quote][size=2][color=black][b]You seem quite interested in argument. Dissent. Perhaps when your soul ingestsThe Equation you will finally see the truth.
[/B][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Sorry, won't work.[/color]

[center][img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/623/freedomp.png[/img][/center]

[color=deeppink]What a great ultimate weapon. It'll enslave you unless you're touched by the speed force, can fingerpaint, or are Renee Montoya.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]Given his track record with servants, I doubt he'll fare much better with replacements.

There are only so many times a despot's lackies can fail before it becomes the despot's fault for not being able to hire competant employees.[/COLOR][/quote]

[B]Since Darkseid took control of nearly the entire planet and broke down all space and time before his demise, I'd say his track record is actually pretty good. He just needs to keep his eyes open for minor glitches in his plan that set off-chain reactions causing his defeat.[/B]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]This brings to mind that one time where Darkseid was simply going to kill Mister Miracle outright, but Mister Miracle talked him out of it by pointing out that if Darkseid killed everyone who didn't obey him or like him, he'd be all by himself.

In other words, Darkseid is just lonely. It's pitiable, really. : ([/COLOR][/quote]

[B]Darkseid is not "lonely". He aknowledges that he will at one point turn the entire universe into a dark mirror of his soul, cracked, burned and empty, and when he finally looks upon it as a mirror of himself he will finally know what fear is. Until that day, however, he needs as much pain and suffering as possible. It's his air, his driving force. What's the point of destroying everything if you can't see people suffer along the way?[/B]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]Sorry, won't work.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]What a great ultimate weapon. It'll enslave you unless you're touched by the speed force, can fingerpaint, or are Renee Montoya.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=2][B]What's that? I'm sorry, I couldn't quite hear you over the sound of the complete enslavement of three billion people in an instant. Even if you do manage to scrawl one of those abominable living God-language sigils on your face, you won't live long enough to see it work. You neighbors, your family, everyone you know will rend you limb from limb in his dark name. And they will love him for allowing them to do it.[/B][/SIZE]