-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, I doubt it, but you never know... A "Search Member" button. I quite often look in certain people their profiles (for example to look at their new sig, or too look at something I saw in it earlier), but I always have to go past that members list. This isn't a really big deal, but sometimes (like today) my computer is a bit too slow to open a lot of pages after eachother. So, just a simple idea. Is there a possibility for a "search member" thingy (like the normal "[b]Search OB[/b]" thing)? Where you just fill in a name and you get their profile? (if the thingy doesn't exist already). [/size]
-
[size=1]The avater is fairly nice.The border is a bit weird though. I'm not fan of other borders than standard ones, unless they really add up to the picture. The quality of the avater image is nice though so I'll say this is a 7/10. Not really a special design, but it looks clean. The banner is... Not good. The image quality is horrible and it's resized weird. The text "Get" looks terrible. And although "Backers" looks smoother, it still doesn't fit the rest of the banner. 3/10 for the banner. And your overal signature is just way too huge for my taste. Signatures shouldn't be longer than a post I think. I just took out my banner. Haha. Haha.[/size]
-
[size=1]I have a very limited collection of CD's. Now to see if I can call up some from the top of my head. My CD case has been stolen with a lot of my CD's in it ;_; [b]Paul Simon:[/b] Shining like a national guitar, You are the one, the Cape Man, Live in National Park, Live in National Park 2005... and more >_>' (mostly burned, because my dad owns every single album of Simon [& Garfunkel]) [b]Linkin Park:[/b] Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Reanimation [b]Evanescence:[/b] Fallen, Anywhere but Home [b]Nickelback:[/b] Silver Side Up, The long road [b]Queen:[/b] Innuendo, Made in Heaven [b]Soundtracks:[/b] Kill Bill I&II, Lion King I&II [double CD], Hunchback of the Notre Dame... Yeah, that's right. Fear me. Disney rocks. As you may have guessed, I don't like spending money on CD's. And then I have loads of CD's that I burned with music of my computer. I have tons of music on that thing. Most of it is stolen from my dad, but the rest is "bought". >_>'[/size]
-
[size=1]In this society, the meaning of life is quite lame. You go to school as soon as you can handle it, you get work, get children and then you work until you are old and aren't much use anymore. Your children will do the exact same. In the meantime, the world evolves, invents, but keeps the same routine. Oh, and to make sure the routine doesn't get dull, [i]they[/i] throw in a war or a disaster every now and then. The more exciting meaning of life will be breaking this chain of events. Yay. Well, I'm a Christian. I believe there's something after this life. We have to make something good of this life, to eventually live happily in the next. Just live as good as you can, by helping other people feel comfortable around here =P To clear up my post: The first part is the pessimistic point of view, the second is my more regular point of view >_>'[/size]
-
opinions on gun control/right-to-carry concealed weapons
Boo replied to Dale_Valley's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]Starwind, you are the typical pessimistic American guy, through the whole thread. You're ruining my optimistic mood :\[/size] -
opinions on gun control/right-to-carry concealed weapons
Boo replied to Dale_Valley's topic in General Discussion
[size=1][quote name='Starwind']This has been proven with numerous tests done on the psycology and even the brain structure of noted serial killers.[/quote] I was talking about pickpockets, where did I mention serial killers? There is a huge difference between the one crime and the other. A serial killer is, as the name says, a killer. A pickpocket might just need the money. He doesn't have to be mentally ill, or just think of killing someone. Don't think so narrow minded about this subject, lad. Boba: That's your opinion, I have mine. You live where they have the right to have a gun, I do not. Whoopy, we all lived happily ever after.[/size] -
opinions on gun control/right-to-carry concealed weapons
Boo replied to Dale_Valley's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]I can already see them grannies on the streets.. "Oh no, he stole my purse, let's shoot the bastard!" [b]EDIT:[/b] I see Boba posted before me. [i]They will get them one way or another[/i]. Those are only the real criminals. Not the fellows who are just pissed at someone and shoot them. "You stole my Pokemon card ;_;" [highlight]Bang.[/highlight] Those people don't take the time to buy a gun and then shoot them. [/size] -
The new year! whats the first thing you did or are gonna do?
Boo replied to orbindo's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]I watched TV, ate apple beignets and oliebollen (Dutch New Year's eve specialty) and I every now and then talked to people on IMessengers. At 11:59 however I was just running around in the room to eventually open the bottle of champagne (now that I think of it, I need to find back the cork XD) at 0:00. Then I went to the balcony and watched the fireworks. Normally I would call a lot of people but my provider was practically offline. [edit] I forgot some stuff :P When I noticed I couldn't call anyone, I just mass-IM'd all my messengers XP After that I went online with my Guild Wars account to get myself a fancy hat. As soon as that event was over I went to bed. It was a boring event, but the rest of the eve was fun. What to do in the next year? Graduate, find something nice to study, get a job again and eat pie.[/size] -
opinions on gun control/right-to-carry concealed weapons
Boo replied to Dale_Valley's topic in General Discussion
[QUOTE=JJ][Color=DarkBlue]I personally would never want to set my hands on something that could kill a fellow man. That kind of power is not one I believe we as people should have. I mean really, who are we to decide who dies and who lives? Yeah, this thread may turn out interesting after all.[/color][/QUOTE] [size=1]Basically you can kill people with almost anything :P I think you meant " I never want to set my hands on something that is made to kill a fellow man." Right, sorry couldn't resist. Now to get on the subject. Firearms are lame. I can not make up a single reason to have one, but to use it as selfdefense against someone with a firearm. Which is not necessary if they are not allowed XD Seriously, if you want to protect yourself, just take some karate classes and leave the toys to the army. :)[/size] -
[QUOTE=Mameha][SIZE=1] By the way [b][COLOR=#990033]Boo[/COLOR][/b] Santa Claus is scary enough without the six legs and lance. O.o; [/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]I meant the original German god figure that would appear at Christmas according to German myths =P Right, and now that I post again I'll put up my wishlist: -Charlie and the Chocolate Factory [DVD] -Various CD's That's about it ¬_¬' [b]EDIT:[/b] Now to think of it, one of the God's, I think Thor, had a cart with a bunch of animals that would pull it through air... Santa has a sled because he appears in winter... Mysteries are getting solved in this thread *puts on Sherlock Boolmes hat*[/size]
-
[size=1]Giving presents on Christmas day is all a fake D: Santa Claus is a fraud made up by Coca Cola. Originally it was December the 6th, the birthday of Saint Nicholas, that people gave eachother presents. [color=green]This historical character was the inspiration for a mythical figure known as Nikolaus in Germany and Sinterklaas in the Netherlands and Flanders, which in turn was the inspiration for the myth of Santa Claus. Sinterklaas (a contracted form of Sint Nicolaas) is a major celebration in the Netherlands and in Flanders. Among Orthodox Christians, he is remembered with more reverence and less frivolity. Saint Nicholas is revered by many as the patron saint of seamen, merchants, archers, children, students, prostitutes, pharmacists, lawyers, pawnbrokers, prisoners, the city of Amsterdam and of Russia. [/color] -[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas]Wikipedia, of course.[/url] So, I'm still celebrating Sinterklaas and not Christmas by giving presents. Christmas is the day of Jesus Christ's birth. What did I get for Sinterklaas? We celebrated it by throwing our names in a hat and then pull a name out. I got my sister but that's not really important. My brother had me, and he gave me the DVD of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm so happy XD Except the DVD, my steph mother likes to give some bonus gifts like chocolate letters (a Dutch Sinterklaas thing) and books. And we all write rhymes for the one we have. It makes unwrapping the presents a lot more fun. [b]EDIT:[/b] Oh, and Santa Claus was also someone with a way different name. Riding a horse with 6 legs and holding a lance. Stupid Americans put that German god together with Saint Nicholas, and make children believe Santa Claus exists. You're all animals >:O[/size]
-
[size=1]I just sized it down to the correct width and added some contrast to keep the text a bit readable. As a back up plan D: [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24981&stc=1[/IMG][/size]
-
[size=1]If you have quick edit you can also look at the other posts on a page while editing. I often have to go back to the last post, because I want to quote or look at something. The idea is quite excellent.[/size]
-
[size=1]I don?t like either. Both of you could?ve done a lot better, I think. [b]Retribution:[/b] Nice idea, but that?s about it. The ?sign figures? have some sharp edges every now and then, while other parts look smoother. The pink family between them was a nice idea, but the text doesn?t look good. You might?ve wanted to put more words in them and just let some words go out of the figure. Then there?s the text. A bit thin and small for the image and the pink blocks to the left are way too sharp for the rest of the image. And I think it could?ve best been placed on the right side. [b]Kitty:[/b] To start off: there?s a hole in the woman?s arm. With that said, let?s continue. The top image is a lot other sharpness than the one below. The red used in it is never coming back anywhere in the image. Well, like said, the black lines are not an excellent choice, never quite liked that style anyway. Maybe it should?ve been used in the heart or the text as well, but now it looks awkward D: The below picture is quite grainy. I like the text and the heart though _? My vote goes to [b]Kitty[/b], I just wish both of you had more time on your hands to make something prettier. [/size]
-
[size=1]Apart from that the neck and hand are awkward, I can't really see anything to stop me from saying this is a really nice picture. Great job, Ninja lass. [spoiler]By the way: I like lemon/apple pie.[/spoiler] [/size]
-
[quote=Joshy Wooshy][size=1]"To throw you all off. As it is, the robbery has already begun, and you two are behind, while your pathetic friend is trying to stop all three of the team. The Vatican shall weep when the bones are taken, and the first step towards the Beginning shall be taken!" the man replied, throwing his hood back. Jamie gasped and Sean just shook his head as the thrown back hood revealed none other than a resident artist in the office codenamed Boo. Sean kicked him in the leg once more and then slammed the butt of his gun into the man?s head. Boo?s cackling stopped and he slumped on the ground.[/size][/quote] [size=1]I'm honoured!... I think ¬.¬ Nice piece of writing here Joshy. I didn't quite read the whole thing, but I'm sure it's nice all the way.[/size]
-
[size=1]I'll try to make many, but here's my first. I stuck to the original banner style on this one. It kind of failed though -.-'[/size] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24946&stc=1[/img]
-
[size=1]I've been to two concerts in total. [b]Paul Simon[/b] and [b]Queen & Paul Rodger[/b]. The Paul Simon concert was brilliant. There were only old people in the hall, so if I stood up, I always blocked the sight of people behind me. I went to the Queen & Paul Rodger concert just for Queen and luckily they practically didn't sing any Paul Rodger songs at all (1 and a half at most). This one was brilliant aswell. The drums and the guitar (Roger Taylor and Brian May) are still fantastic, and Paul Rodger's voice was a good replacement of Freddy's. He has this really nice concert voice. At the end I got myself a tour guitar pick in the shape of a coin. It's always in my wallet, which is always in my pocket :3 Hmm, I also went to a performance of a dutch band, which was pretty good aswell. I'm just sure no one of you knows it. [/size]
-
[size=1]I copy everything said in the post above mine. It pretty much sums up everything I had to say. This piece is really great and you're right to be proud of it. Brilliant job.[/size]
-
[size=1]That's right, it's Sean's birthday and I wanted to celebrate this! But the graphics sort of failed to be honest ¬_¬ [center][b]'90 to '05[/b] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/001Pinkish2.png[/IMG][/center] [i]Everyone, it's Sean's birthday today! Let's celebrate with pixels!.... Right.[/i] If you have anything to want to give to Sean for his birthday, go ahead, the thread is for that stuff :^D[/size]
-
[size=1][quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']When I first viewed your piece It appeared quite impressive, but after you provided the picture you used to create it, It shows that there was not much done to the orginal picture except for a crop job, and added text[/size][/quote] I must copy that. I'll not withdraw my vote, but it was pretty much a let-down. [color=red][b]Edit to reply at Baron's next post:[/b][/color] Right, I can clearly see you cleaned it up. It's just that I thought you put it all together by yourself, that's all. [b]Current Score:[/b] [b]Baron:[/b] 4 [b]Retribution:[/b] 5[/size]
-
[size=1]Doc's idea was really nice, and he probably would've gotten my vote if it was worked out better. The filmstrip probably would've looked better in brown (since they normally are brown). Also the text is quite out of place. The "Hollywood" doesn't look bad, but the other text looks too flashy and stuff to belong on a filmstrip. Perhaps "Courier new" would've done the job better (just an idea). Kitty's piece, like said "seems to be more generally about the city." The Encyclopedia kind of text on it was rather original. The oscar was a bit too sharp for the rest of the image (being shiny and stuff) and placed in a bit too sharp angle. My vote goes to [b]Kitty[/b]. Doc, nice one, but it could've gotten a bit more attention and feeling (in my opinion). [/size]
-
[size=1][b]Baron Samedi[/b] gets my vote. I must say, Retribution did a nice job on this one, but it didn?t catch my attention at all. The theme Broadway was in the picture alright, but without any deeper meaning to it. Just... Broadway. Apart from that, I think it?s too plain and modern looking to really fit Broadway. Although Baron?s piece wasn?t of the best quality, it fits the theme perfectly. The text could?ve been done better, but really puts the feeling across. This piece was also really what I expected to come from this theme. Go you. [/size]
-
[size=1]I've made a few. They all have the same image (the wallpaper) used in them. Hope you like them ¬.¬ [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banners/StuieAvater01.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banners/StuieAvater02.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banners/StuieAvater03.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/Banners/StuieAvater04.png[/IMG][/size]
-
[size=1]Fear? Most likely the feeling of being incapable of doing anything. This comes back in my fear for sharks. I know they're way quicker than me in water, so I'd rathest not go in any deep water at all. Same goes for insane backstabbing murderers, but I see that the chance of meeting one of those is quite... small. But the same goes for the fact if I lost something at school and not notice it before the school is closed. Especially when it's something expensive or precious like my camera ¬.¬ My other fear is if I'd ever meet Gavin in real life, that he'd start each sentence with "Interesting, most Interesting". Yeah, I fear that the most.[/size]