Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='The Professor' date='18 December 2010 - 06:27 AM' timestamp='1292671654' post='702904']
[font="Comic Sans MS"][b]TRON: Legacy[/b] is pretty sweet. Not really much for story, it's a bit predictable and basic, but the visual effects and fight scenes are spectacular, and there's this one character who pretty much stole the show due to being such a magnificent ham.

Definitely makes me want to check out the original. I think I'll ask my friend if I can borrow it from him tomorrow.[/font]
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more with you Prof, but what I loved the most about the movie was it's soundtrack being done by Daft Punk.
Friggin' awesome
Posted
[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1292671654' post='702904']
[font="Comic Sans MS"][b]TRON: Legacy[/b] is pretty sweet. Not really much for story, it's a bit predictable and basic, but the visual effects and fight scenes are spectacular, and there's this one character who pretty much stole the show due to being such a magnificent ham.

Definitely makes me want to check out the original. I think I'll ask my friend if I can borrow it from him tomorrow.[/font]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Agreed. I just saw this last night and I loved it. The plot was okay, but really it was the art design and special effects that were worth watching. I also really liked all of the actors and their performances as well.

And yeah... the Daft Punk soundtrack was really awesome. It just lifted the entire film and gave it that really polished feel.

I also need to see the original now. As a kid I had a movie on VHS that had the Tron trailer at the start...so I know the original trailer back-to-front and yet I never saw the film! [/font]
Posted
I also haven't seen either, and truth be told, I don't really have an interest in Tron, but I don't wanna take away from those who enjoy it so carry on.

OB XL Basic actually looks better than Wet Paint with this new upqgrade for some reason.
Posted
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Wait, the awesome older wacko emote got replaced with this abomination? :wacko:

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEGGGGGGG[/font][/color]
Posted (edited)
I like the new emoticons. These are example of what my face is like when I am in chat sometimes: :blink: :huh: >_> :angry:
And also, when looking through the emoticons, it looks like angry and mad are exactly the same. Or is that just me?
And there is no limit for faces...right? If so, hopefully I didn't exceed it. :V; Edited by Lyndy
Posted
I haven't toyed around with the emoticons yet.

A couple of things. 1st, I have a tooth ache. I want to say it's because of my wisdom teeth but then the pain tends to go to my molars and gums. Man this sucks.

2nd, I've reached a crossroad. Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. I'm trying to figure out which one I want to get. The PS3 has MGS4 and the Uncharted series that I want to play and then the 360 has the Mass Effect and Halo games. Not to mention almost all the other games I want to play are on both consoles. I'm a cheap person so it would only be fitting that I should get a 360 but I like sony's controllers.

Even though Christmas is my favorite holiday I must admit that I haven't been in the mood for it. I'm mainly trying to get out of this house to getaway for a while but with no car that's not happening. Some of these folks here are annoying as hell. I think I want a punching bag for christmas.
Posted
I'm insaneley sick right now... My cold is getting worse, I've been throwing up all afternoon and now I have a fever of 103.7 with only ice packs to help me. Also I have school all this week except for Christmas Eve. FML
Posted
[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1292853858' post='703000']
I haven't toyed around with the emoticons yet.

A couple of things. 1st, I have a tooth ache. I want to say it's because of my wisdom teeth but then the pain tends to go to my molars and gums. Man this sucks.

2nd, I've reached a crossroad. Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. I'm trying to figure out which one I want to get. The PS3 has MGS4 and the Uncharted series that I want to play and then the 360 has the Mass Effect and Halo games. Not to mention almost all the other games I want to play are on both consoles. I'm a cheap person so it would only be fitting that I should get a 360 but I like sony's controllers.

Even though Christmas is my favorite holiday I must admit that I haven't been in the mood for it. I'm mainly trying to get out of this house to getaway for a while but with no car that's not happening. Some of these folks here are annoying as hell. I think I want a punching bag for christmas.
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]You like Sony's controllers? Are you some kind of sadist? o_O

I just recently bought one of those second generation Xbox 360s (as mine died ages ago...as in, maybe two years ago, haha). I had forgotten how brilliant the console is. And the latest GUI is really awesome - the interface is really slick and it's ridiculously easy to manage everything. The Xbox Live Arcade is also incredibly awesome and even the avatar system works really well.

For the last year or so I've been playing PS3 (I got a PS3 Slim rather than buying a replacement Xbox) and I've definitely been loving it too. But honestly...now that I have the Xbox 360 again, I feel like I'd forgotten how awesome it is. Better controller, better interface and, I think, better online services and easier navigation.

Both consoles are great, but for me, Xbox 360 is edging out the PS3 at the moment.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='James' timestamp='1292890040' post='703011']
[font=palatino linotype]You like Sony's controllers? Are you some kind of sadist? o_O
[/font]
[/quote]
I suppose I am lol. But then again the games I'm into are mostly hack n slashers and I feel a lot more comfortable with a sony controller in my hand when it comes to playing them. I've played Devil May Cry 4 on the 360 and having already been used to DMC3 on the ps2, well, I think I can do a lot better with a sony controller than a 360. Not saying the 360's controller is bad or anything, but for those type of games along with fighters I feel I can play a lot better with the playstation controller.
Posted
[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1292899470' post='703017']
I suppose I am lol. But then again the games I'm into are mostly hack n slashers and I feel a lot more comfortable with a sony controller in my hand when it comes to playing them. I've played Devil May Cry 4 on the 360 and having already been used to DMC3 on the ps2, well, I think I can do a lot better with a sony controller than a 360. Not saying the 360's controller is bad or anything, but for those type of games along with fighters I feel I can play a lot better with the playstation controller.
[/quote]
I agree that the 360 controller design seems to supplement shooters rather than hack and slash (I mean... two gun triggers?) but I like the weight of the 360 and the form fitting aspect rather than the plank style the ps controllers have. I think most of what to but the console for is game choices. xbox if you like playing online with friends (yes they both have online play... but nothing beats xbox live's community) playstation if you like HD graphics, sports games and blu-ray movies. also.,.. it kinda depends on which exclusive games you like better. Play station has Metal Gear, Xbox has Halo (dont think the series is done just yet.... I hear studio 343 is working on a Halo Combat Evolved remake.) PS has God of war (Dante's Inferno is no substitute) Xbox has Gears of war (Vanquished is no substitute) The list goes on, but I am sure you will figure out which games you will like better.

As for my opinion... get an xbox... I need more friends in Halo!
Posted
[quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1292910181' post='703026']
ugh jury summons WRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY
[/quote]

Roflz, I'm so glad we don't have that. 8D
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...