OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1tbX_NJn98[/media]

I keep getting blown away by how beautiful this song is.

This band could very well skyrocket to my near-favorite once I get my hands on a CD or two.

Right now I just bought the latest Muse album. Its AWESOME!!! All the music from the album sound like theme songs from movies or something. I have to be honest, I haven't been a Muse fan all the time but right now...its a good choice for me.

[i]Psyence Fiction[/i] by UNKLE. Right now it's playing the epic "Lonely Soul". To me, this song is connected to [i]Ergo Proxy[/i], since I was listening to it in heavy rotation when I was first watching that series. Whenever I hear songs from this album, I think of good ol' [i]angst[/i] and a cute little girl in a bunny suit - with glowing red eyes. Great album to get into a certain mood, I think.

[FONT="Times New Roman"][CENTER][B]Now Playing:[/B] The Edge Of The Earth
[B]Artist:[/B] 30 Seconds To Mars[/CENTER]

I thought that 30" - Mars was one of those catchy-ballad-esque groups, but my opinion changed after watching [B][I][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ouHWP0KrY"]this[/B][/I][/URL] trailer.[/FONT] Edited by Anakoni Stark

Letters from Cleo. very happy sounding band. light-hearted lyrics. (for the most part... i got a discount on all four albums so there is quite a bit of variation.)
Kay Hanley, the lead singer is quite talented... and she has a certain tone that makes everything she sings sound cute. i dont know why i get that feeling... but its just as prominent as John Joseph Theodore Rzeznik making any song sound epic or how Gwen Stefani can make any song sound sexy.

the thing that started my latest binge was the nostalgia trip i had about a cartoon called Generation O! which the band did all the songs, and Kay became the voice of the main character when she sang. I looked it up when i realised i still remember what the words were to the song "i dig it" after nine years of never seeing it... and i only saw the show once.

Listening to my Kanye West albums prepping myself for his new album release. I can see howmuch Kanye has changed from his 2nd to 4th album but I think hes gonna return to the really good stuff in this next album. I hope he brings back a funny opening track, I know Bernie Mac is dead but I hope he can find someone else to either dupilicate the Bernie Mac or be just as funny. I always loved that about his albums. I cant say which is my favorite but I think I like College Dropout the best...it brings back the best memories of hanging with Mike and Matt playing Street Fighter and Listening to Kanye West.

I'm listening to Suede's last studio album [i]A New Morning[/i] right now. Yes, those glamorous trash haven't equaled their majestic [i]Dog Man Star[/i] from '94, but this is worth listening to now and then. Their sound is very streamlined on this album, almost to the point of completely throwing out the velvet-pants of glam! Still, there's some highlights on it, such as "Obsessions" and "Oceans" (the hidden track). The latter reminds of a depressing beach, for some reason. In other words, they somehow manage to recapture some of their earlier magic featuring elegant wasted nights and gasoline dreams of no future.

Guns N Roses - Don't damn me

Don't damn me
[font="Verdana, Arial"][size="2"]When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
I put the pen to the paper
'Cause it's all a part of me[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial"] [/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial"] [/font]
Man I just love this song. Edited by Blue

[color=indigo]I've been listening to a couple older indie albums that are new to me. The first is [b]Oracular Spectacular[/b] by MGMT, It is a fantastic album with a few pretty interesting tracks. "Time To Pretend", "Youth", and "Kids" are all damn good songs. Their more recent album, [b]Congratulations[/b], falls short of [b]Oracular Spectacular[/b] and definitely doesn't live up to the hype of the first album.

The second album, [b]Mean Everything To Nothing[/b] by Manchester Orchestra is a brilliant follow up to the bands first album. The band does such a great job of blending riffs that sound familiar (their drumming is reminiscent of the "Who" and the guitar riffs almost seem to play tribute to early punk) but create something entirely their own.
[/color]

Just groovin' to the mini album [i]D.I.S.C.O. [/i]by Uhm Jung Hwa. It has only 6 songs on it, but most of them are pretty solid. Of course, the title song has a nice Daft Punk sound to it, and you feel the urge to sing along with the chorus right whenever you hear it. My favorite on this, however, has to be "Heujegon (feat. Perry)", with its old school disco dance floor beats. Now where did I put my platform boots... Edited by Pleiades Rising

[color=indigo]I recently picked up [b]Tarot Sport[/b] by the (word that rhymes with duck and begins with an "F") **** Buttons after one of my friends gave it a glowing recommendation. Usually I am not a fan of noise groups (that is the genre that I would lump them into, however, I would have no problem being corrected on this), however, this album blew me away. For the past couple of days I have been trying to figure out why I enjoy it so much. And then it dawned on me, the layers of sound (music/harmony/melody) seem to provide the listener with different textures to enjoy each listen. It is almost akin to eating a meal made by a really good chef, lots of sweet/sour/salty notes mixed together with chewy/crunchy/creamy goodness. I'd definitely recommend this album to anyone that likes "electronic" music as well as anyone with sensibilities toward the indie scene.[/color]

At the moment, I can't stop listening to [b]Secrets[/b] by [b]OneRepublic[/b] along with the album [b]Smile Kid[/b] by [b]We The Kings[/b].
I haven't heard anything spectacular lately though. Just kind of throwing some songs I have on repeat.
And thanks to my best friend I have [b]Lucky[/b] by [b]Jason Mraz[/b] stuck in my head.

• 3 weeks later...
Lately I've been listening to [b]"Shark in the Water"[/b] by V V Brown a lot lately; in fact, I'm listening to it right now! It's an extremely catchy song, darnit.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPQlxHWsemI[/media][/center] Edited by Miss Anonymous